If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I think Shanks wants Luffy to be a great pirate, but it's all seemingly based on some idea that he has for Luffy.

The issue is that while he simultaneously is rooting for Luffy, he also seems to be against him, especially considering his dialogue about Barto.
Post automatically merged:

Just an FYI, that's not the full page. It's very clearly missing a bottom 3rd.
Even this is terrible drawing

G

Gorosei Informer

Weren't we supposed to a promotional chapter before the release of Film Red too btw? I know some series do that with upcoming movies for them IIRC?

I think Film Z got one? Strong World?

Shanks and Zunesha are so awesome.
Both come to Wano just to do nothing and fuck off again
Shanks probably came to steal a copy of Red Poneglyph of Wano.....otherwise same stupidity as you mentioned
and look at his excuse, Bartolomeo ???? like Bartolomeo needs a whole Yonko crew to be stopped ??? and if he is Luffy's subordinate, shouldn't that be more reason to meet Luffy and tell him to stop Bartolomeo ?:seriously::seriously::seriously:

No they don't, just a few vocal people who read Naruto or Harry Potter who cant think of anything original and also think that any mentor character must die in a plot, which doesn't even make sense because Shanks hasn't been presented as this major mentor character. He is the inspiration for the MC to become a pirate. The actual mentor figure is Rayleigh lol...

There's also zero death flags implied without random confirmation bias on what you think is happening with specific scenes, I dare you to try and show that shit.
When Luffy meets Teach at Jaya, just a few words gets him to get reminded of Ace and Shanks. In that same chapter, we clearly see established that Luffy and Teach are polar opposites, just like how Sun vs Darkness a couple hundred chapters later cemented Ace vs Teach as opposites, and what do you know, Ace was killed indirectly because of Teach.

Shanks is also another polar opposite of Teach, sharing the same age, role in their respective crews while being young and also concerning their ambitions (Gorosei said that Shanks isn't bent on changing the world while Teach wants to be the spotlight of the new age that will change the world). And we just learned that Shanks is now trying to go after the OP, when the old guard has been defeated and the new Emperors are his nemesis, his childhood friend and his protegeé.

He's getting smoked by BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.