If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's my interpretation as well

he talks like he has been "freed" from the shackles of having to make serious fights, and that he doesn't have fun making those anymore

i think we should expect even more goofy fights from Luffy here at the end
it make sense coz i think it didn't follow the theme that he envisioned for gear 5 and Luffy's character trop

Joyboy was setting up to be this liberating character that fights with not limits except his own imagination.

After reading Oda's new interview

i can see what he means by Gear 5th, and why he likes it, i can respect the decision

but i can't say i will ever actually enjoy it tbh

i think a lot of fans should give that interview a read

especially some Admirals fans who are expecting super cool and edgy battles against Luffy

that's just not happening i guess
Could you link me please? I would like to read it.

I agree with the point, i just think it's gonna be a weird shift having Akainu or Blackbeard being at the receiving end of these powers, that's all
People shouldn't expect One Piece to be something that it's not, and then become furious when their headcanon doesn't come true. I, too, made this mistake a while back but then I took a step back and remembered what it was that originally made me like One Piece.
It WAS the fun, wacky energetic and adventurous vibe. If I want some highly dramatic or super dark, nihilistic content I can go and watch other stuff.
One Piece is that show that brings a bit of child like happiness and silly fights into your life.

As a Zoro fan, i kinda feel bad lmao

Because Oda is saying this is the type of fight he likes now, the goofy stuff, and that he doesn't have fun making serious fights anymore

so maybe Oda really didn't enjoy making Zoro vs King, considering how edgy and serious it was, compared to the other fights

There was only the King pulling his head gag, that one was golden

I wonder if that's why he has been avoiding Zoro more these past few years, he got tired of the serious fighting style Zoro has

and look how he tried to get around that but having Zoro fight Pika for example, that was a complete goof

He wasn't suffering any heart diseases before the war though.
Don't be that "omg you cheated in a war! You suck!" guy, bruh.
Didn't Koby do that though? He made an entire speech about that actually. The marines do nothing but cut corners and try anything to win battles and save face. Akainu was literally a beta male and tried to kill a random dude because he disagreed with Akainu's motives. Dude is actually a disgusting villain. At least scummy characters like black beard and apoo are smart with their tactics.

People shouldn't expect One Piece to be something that it's not, and then become furious when their headcanon doesn't come true. I, too, made this mistake a while back but then I took a step back and remembered what it was that originally made me like One Piece.
It WAS the fun, wacky energetic and adventurous vibe. If I want some highly dramatic or super dark, nihilistic content I can go and watch other stuff.
One Piece is that show that brings a bit of child like happiness and silly fights into your life.
As much as I like marineford, it is the culprit that made people look One piece in a different light....upto that point, most of the one piece arcs were the mostly focused on wacky adventures...

No, he is very specific in this translation that he always hated that he had to go more serious with time

and he wants to be playful, and Gear 5th was that

he even says he doesn't care if people don't like it, because he likes it

i think this interview made it clear that he has plans to do more of that for Luffy's fights at least going forward
It's pretty much the same thing he said about Luffy in the SBS, nothing has really changed

''No matter how serious the story gets, Luffy is there to stretch and inflate. He always give me a chance to fool around. That's the kind of manga I wanted to write.''

I disagree that this is what One Piece is

Oda is the one that setup expectations by himself

by working on serious themes like Slavery and so on

and having serious fights and deaths in Marineford for example

he set the tone, the fanbase was just waiting for more of that

i think it's unfair to put the fault in the fandom here

Status
Not open for further replies.