If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
yeah, and this arc Zoro only got fights

no plot relevance at all

he doesn't even get praise at the end of it

but Law does

Zoro's enemy, King, is the most boring and bland villain in the arc

he says and does nothing basically

the only thing interesting about his character was the lore about his race

and even that we didn't get much at all
Zoro is a fighter his role in the crew is a ''combatant'' he will always get lots of fights, and so what if he doesnt get praise even Zoro wouldnt want that remember thriller bark?

What's great about Luffy or Sabo vs Akainu is that that fight is full of hatred from both sides. It has tension. I take that fight over Zoro and Mihawk's final sparring any days.

It's just hard to write a good friendly duel between the two of em in shounen especially.
I think you can still portray it well regardless. Not every fight has to be generated by animosity.

Zoro and Mihawk can have a serious fight, just like Luffy and Shanks can, while still respecting each other etc. That's essentially how Kata and Kaido's fights went, enjoying the fight and acknowledging your opponent.

I doubt it's gonna be a "friendly" duel is my point. When OP characters fight, they fight. Sparring doesn't really exist.

Zoro is a fighter his role in the crew is a ''combatant'' he will always get lots of fights, and so what if he doesnt get praise even Zoro wouldnt want that remember thriller bark?
Zoro doesn't want that

yet his dream is

"to have my name reach the heavens?"

so which is it?

I think you can still portray it well regardless. Not every fight has to be generated by animosity.

Zoro and Mihawk can have a serious fight, just like Luffy and Shanks can, while still respecting each other etc. That's essentially how Kata and Kaido's fights went, enjoying the fight and acknowledging your opponent.

I doubt it's gonna be a "friendly" duel is my point. When OP characters fight, they fight. Sparring doesn't really exist.
Honestly, I'm sure Oda will completely dodge Luffy vs Shanks so that he doesn't have to write it.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Lord, what the hell are u saying lmao?
Nothing in this chapter implies or solidifies Sabo vs Akainu, like, nothing. It's Sabo's wank and new portrayal that made the Admiral stans themselves be open to the possibility because his portrayal is now equal or superior to Luffy's.

The Yankers don't get shit lmao. Two of their team died to Akainu's element.
what portrayal? He got his ass beat and had to run.
If you mean the fact he's now famous then that's the same portrayal usopp gets

I dont wanna see Luffy pull one smirk with Akainu. Dude killed his brother. Hs better be serious and angry as shit.
I agree. It probably will be more serious than usual. Akainu is an extremely personal opponent. I just think there will be a few stupid moments because of Luffy, not Akainu.

This is why I doubt the Sabo claims to that fight. He wasn't there when Ace was killed. It would be super disingenuous to the payoff of seeing Luffy get back at him, which we know exists because Luffy has expressed disdain for Akainu several times.

Hell, the whole main drive to train for 2 years came from not saving his brother and being able to fight Logia's and other conqueror users properly.

Are there people who really believed in the raid fail argument?
I thought it was just a meme
I didn't believe Oda was gonna do it

but i wanted it for the story, yes

because the raid to me was boring asf

i was alwasy rooting for the villains, because everything seemed to be on the side of the heroes

i never feared for them or the country in a single moment

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I think this quote from Oda is distracting you guys from the core criticism of Gear 5: that it’s introduction and existence in the manga as the Nika fruit is insultingly stupid from a writing perspective.

The Gorosei should have known that Luffy had the Nika fruit for two years now, and yet they sent literally no one to take his ass out and reclaim the fruit. They could’ve had a CP-0 agent covertly assassinate him so as to not cause trouble, but no, they just let this 17 year old kid amass power to become a Yonko level threat without ever sending anyone to deal with him. But I guess CP-0 jerking off in the New World was an important enough reason to not send them to claim the 800 year prophecy fruit. Lol

Nika is also really lazy because we have no idea what Nika is or what it’s powers are, so Oda can literally just make dumbass powers up on the spot as the plot demands it. Gone are the days of Oda masterfully introducing a powerup with established rules and limits that must be obeyed to add tension to the fight: now here’s the Fairy God fruit which has unlimited power and can do anything the plot demands.

The criticism around Fairy Shit form was never how ridiculous it looked. One Piece has always been ridiculous. The criticisms are how it’s existence is clearly a gaping plot hole in the series, and it’s by far the laziest powerup Oda has ever introduced.

This is such a dumb statement lol
That volcano's magma has.noting to do with Akainu
You're right. Akainu's superior lol. Seriously now. Let's not act like them disinegrating in Magma doesn't say anything to a matchup with Akainu. Their bodies clearly aren't immune to it.

Also, it reestablished how lethal Akainu's element is.

Status
Not open for further replies.