If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Passive aggressive maybe when you push him but he doesnt insult people much lol.
Nah man, the only difference is that he's not constantly calling you "clown" or whatever silly namecallings like a broken record but he's toxic in other ways as well. And he's just more clever in provocing you without resorting to vile insults. You simply can't debate with him.

Bogard

You can't win
I wonder what Oda is planning with Fujitora. He is the only admiral who doesn't really follow Akainu or World Government's path

And infact he came to like Luffy by the end of Dressrosa

So judging by his antagonist behaviour comparatively to Akainu, his antagonist reaction to Celestial Dragons, it's hard to think he'd actually willingly fight for the World Government in the final battle

And coincidently, he is the only admiral from Akainu's regime who isn't shown this chapter. Infact he was forbidden to go to any marine base and thus was rendered to wander alone. Maybe it will even end up being used as an excuse by Oda for him not to participate in the war, maybe for Fujitora to end up replacing Akainu as a fleet admiral by the end of the manga in some kind of new marine force not working for the World Government

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
I wonder what Oda is planning with Fujitora. He is the only admiral who doesn't really follow Akainu or World Government's path

So judging by his antagonist behaviour comparatively to Akainu, his antagonist reaction to Celestial Dragons, it's hard to think he'd actually willingly fight for the World Government in the final battle

And coincidently, he is the only admiral from Akainu's regime who isn't shown this chapter. Infact he was forbidden to go to any marine base and thus was rendered to wander alone. Maybe it will even end up being used as an excuse by Oda for him not to participate in the war, maybe for Fujitora to end up replacing Akainu as a fleet admiral by the end of the manga in some kind of new marine force not working for the World Government
Fuji is the best admiral overall

He will finish Lakainu probably, Zatoichi's (Fujitora's based design) biggest fight was vs. a lapdog government guy (his name is Akatsuka) similar to Lakainu.

I don’t know, because during the reverie and after, Fujitora has not shown any sort of issue with following Akainu and the world government. I think it’s very likely Issho found that as a marine admiral he can do some serious good for the world by changing the World Government from the inside.

With that in mind I don’t see Fujitora abandoning his role as he’s already accomplished so much with such little time.

I like the idea of Shanks being an antagonist

he doesn't need to be evil, just needs to be go against Luffy's beliefs somehow

would make it so much more interesting

but it doesn't sound like Oda tbh, especially after his latest interview

if he really wants One Piece to back to being a fun manga, Shanks being a good dude / mentor / idol for Luffy sounds like the way he would go
I think he means more the concept of battles on their own, and less the actual substance of the plot. A lot of shonen make fights and powerscaling so insanely big/serious that it really trivializes many of the earlier fights. In OP the ceiling has been known so we sort of know what to expect with the endgame antagonists to an extent.

Kind of what I was saying yesterday. It's not that the fight with Kaido was any less serious, it just was made to be more fun in Oda's eyes since it's what he enjoys to draw.

Like I 100% expect Blackbeard's fight to be similar to this in that he has fantastical, fun powers that could really go well with Luffy's in a big battle. It's not overwhelmingly bland in terms of blow for blow, you get some unique panels/clashes because of it.

Now for Akainu and Shanks, if they fight, I can see Luffy still being just as ridiculous, but with a little more dire attitude maintained because they don't have these wacky/fantastical powers to complement Luffy's.

Oda has said the ending would be bitter sweet, so I don't expect it to be insanely serious, but I also don't expect it to be this light hearted romp. I think the real word to describe it all will be "epic". He just wants to draw epic shit lol

Luffy died 3 times Yet got the chance to fight Kaido again.
My boy didn't even Die didn't given a second chance

King of Hell : Three-Sword Serpent: 103 Mercies Dragon Damnation.
Would have knocked kaido out..
:josad::josad::josad:
I think an healthy Zoro should be able to push an healthy Kaido to around high difficulty range right now.

I can see him accomplishing a similar thing against Papalino Kizaru.

Status
Not open for further replies.