If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure any fandom wouldn't like it if you called them a child when they're not. Also can people fucking stop saying shit arguments like " One Piece is for children it's not very good or mature " my brother in Christ you literally have read it until chapter 1054. Either that or you're just on a one piece chat forum to hate and say abhorrent takes.
Wow. One Piece is written for adolescents you guys. We just so happen to read it as well. What age did I start reading One Piece in 2011? When I was 12. An adolescent.

As I already stated on the other forum, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with this and it most certainly doesn’t make it bad writing. How could one of the greatest stories ever told be made under bad writing??? The message/story of One Piece isn’t dumbed down or watered down simply because it has a target audience that is primarily adolescents. As a writer, you must use literary methods and literary devices that will best convey information and characterization to your audience. Oda has his characters speak blatantly and heavy handedly because this is the optimal way to convey the story to his audience.

Adolescents do not have the same media literacy skills as an adult would, this is a generalization of course but by and large One Piece’s intended audience would not be able to decipher the information as easily unless at some point in the story it is spelled out for them. And there is nothing with that. Oda’s writing style developed this way because he is writing a story for “shonen” not grown adults with developed media literacy skills.

If those within the fandom don’t take kindly to the fact that One Piece is written for adolescents, that is their own personal battle they must fight with reality. Just because some adults enjoy it, it doesn’t negate the fact of who it was written for and subsequently how One Piece must be written. Ambiguity and nuance are not a great sell for casual adolescent viewers therefore Oda writes in characters who dump exposition and state heavy handed beliefs about the world.

That’s all I was saying but of course, it doesn’t track with some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.