If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree
this is why i don't get people saying that BB is the final villain.
there's this dude who's been scheming in the background for 800 years and everyone is sleeping on him/her. imu actually feels like a serious threat.
How about BB completely destroys the WG and becomes King of the World (Rocks dream), while Luffy finds One Piece and becomes King of the Pirates.
Final battle King of the World vs King of the Pirates

And both really went off the deep end the closer they get to their ending. Seriousness is fine, in fact I welcome it if it's a really important fight, but it's true a lot of mangas really become too edgy for their own good and they just end up mid or straight up trash because of it. Some levity is good, that's what made pre-TS OP so great, all the comedy and interactions between the SHs while also being able to use seriousness in major situations, imo
The serious tone should be reserved for important moments and where it fits.
Keep the story serious at all times and it becomes boring and inflationary and eventually loses its impact.
Legend of Korra is a good example of this.
In the Last Airbender series, the creators only wrote core episodes, such as the season finales.
In Korra season 1 they write every episode.

i agree
this is why i don't get people saying that BB is the final villain.
there's this dude who's been scheming in the background for 800 years and everyone is sleeping on him/her. imu actually feels like a serious threat.
Though I think we have to be open to the possibility to that either Shanks or Blackbeard are successful in reaching LT before Luffy and taking something.

For example I can (very biasedly) see Shanks taking One Piece from Laugh Tale, unbeknownst to anyone. Whilst Luffy and Blackbeard are on a race to get there and fight completely over becoming Pirate King after Blackbeard already having committed some pretty serious atrocities, potentially with ancient weapons. He gets to Laugh Tale somehow without the RPs or steals them from Luffy.

Then Luffy beats Blackbeard, but doesn't "become" PK because while he found the True history and meaning behind everything, Shanks took One Piece for X reason.

Then que final war on 3 fronts

- Luffy's side
- Shanks' side
- WG/Marines

Where Luffy then fights Akainu and Im, then at the close of the Great War, fights Shanks to bring the series full circle (maybe at God Valley or something). He becomes PK and fulfills his second dream and potentially even dies in the process.

But, I'm already super biased about this idea Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.