Who's the better troll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
That only comes from the fact that Oden is a late inserted character who doesn’t fit the story at all.

Whitebeard trusted Oden could handle his shit; he was simply wrong
There is no excuse for the lack of continuity and logic with this situation Nat.

Oda literally fucked up. I do not believe Whitebeard thought Oden will handle his shit with Kaido with no problems and following that, Kaido makes Wano his territory which is worldwide knowledge and nothing bothered him? Like, what did the thought? That Oden became buddies with Kaido and decided not to talk with him anymore?

There is no logical way to go about it. Oda simply fucked this up.

As I said few replies earlier. Whitebeard's character should never be touched after Marineford.

Yeah and since it’s a manga when I’m wrong I accept the L and move on? It’s just that easy.

“You act like Oda is perfect” dude barking up the wrong tree I’m very straight forward about my dislike of a good chunk of odas style.

Get your head out of your ass accept you are wrong and move on or shut up and drop the manga or go write your own story. Seriously just stop acting like a child.
IQ test next time please.

Could it be that he’s leading Luffy towards one piece?

Shanks probably knows more about it than anyone sans Roger’s crew.
I don't know if he's leading him anywhere directly. Shanks hasn't really influenced Luffy's future save for actually providing him with the Gomu Fruit. We can see from the flashback that this and losing his arm are seemingly intentional (?).

Im not saying hes some insane mastermind, but something is off. He knows about Nika, but the question is how? The Gorosei explicitly say its a kept secret for hundreds of years, and Shanks didnt go to Laugh Tale.

Granted, yes, he seems to know more than he lets on. Hes decided now of all times to go after One Piece. So i dont think he's "leading" Luffy to it, but planning on encountering him there. Or in a more sinister way (which im not entirely sure of), takes One Piece before Luffy gets there.

But still....my question really comes down to the Gorosei scene. Without it, Id be inclined to agree about Shanks. However, the feel he posed no danger, and accepted his request to meet with them. They are not good people, and run a government built on control.

So what I don't get is his actual intention. It does seem "good" to me, but I can't help but feel there is a darker motive at play with it.

don't judge Shanks too early
Not judging him too early, his role is about getting Luffy to do something, I get that. However, it's been painted in a weird way. Usually when characters are this mysterious, they have more than they let on, and it's not for the greatest reasons.

Yes, he's great in this chapter for having the common decency to defend people who just won their fight and are exhausted, but he's still the same man who completely maimed Kid and intend to go after Barto, which is counter to what he just did for Luffy lol.

I just think that with all of that power, we are becoming naive to think Shanks is this powerful ally only who serves only as a crutch to help Luffy become PK. It's not that simple imo.

There is no excuse for the lack of continuity and logic with this situation Nat.

Oda literally fucked up. I do not believe Whitebeard thought Oden will handle his shit with Kaido with no problems and following that, Kaido makes Wano his territory which is worldwide knowledge and nothing bothered him? Like, what did the thought? That Oden became buddies with Kaido and decided not to talk with him anymore?

There is no logical way to go about it. Oda simply fucked this up.

As I said few replies earlier. Whitebeard's character should never be touched after Marineford.
It’s not Whitebeard that’s the mistake, it’s Oden.

It’s about having faith in your family. But Whitebeard made a mistake there, and he regretted it deeply so he fought hard for Ace.

That only comes from the fact that Oden is a late inserted character who doesn’t fit the story at all.

Whitebeard trusted Oden could handle his shit; he was simply wrong
Honestly he wasn’t even that late inserted. Oda clearly had planned Oden back during Marineford when we saw how ace got his position. It’s just oda didn’t think of a viable reason why shanks nor Rayleigh nor whitebeard would go avenge Oden other than, “It’d just leave to more death.”

Oda in SBS 65: "Defeating someone with haki is a phenomenon that occurs only when the user is overwhelmingly more powerful than the opponent"

Greenbull wasn't 'defeated' outright out but was stunned and affected by Shanks' haki which tells you there's a significant power gap between the two.

FACTSSSSSSSSSSS
SHANKS SZNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
LEENLULL

I don't know if he's leading him anywhere directly. Shanks hasn't really influenced Luffy's future save for actually providing him with the Gomu Fruit. We can see from the flashback that this and losing his arm are seemingly intentional (?).

Im not saying hes some insane mastermind, but something is off. He knows about Nika, but the question is how? The Gorosei explicitly say its a kept secret for hundreds of years, and Shanks didnt go to Laugh Tale.

Granted, yes, he seems to know more than he lets on. Hes decided now of all times to go after One Piece. So i dont think he's "leading" Luffy to it, but planning on encountering him there. Or in a more sinister way (which im not entirely sure of), takes One Piece before Luffy gets there.

But still....my question really comes down to the Gorosei scene. Without it, Id be inclined to agree about Shanks. However, the feel he posed no danger, and accepted his request to meet with them. They are not good people, and run a government built on control.

So what I don't get is his actual intention. It does seem "good" to me, but I can't help but feel there is a darker motive at play with it.

Not judging him too early, his role is about getting Luffy to do something, I get that. However, it's been painted in a weird way. Usually when characters are this mysterious, they have more than they let on, and it's not for the greatest reasons.

Yes, he's great in this chapter for having the common decency to defend people who just won their fight and are exhausted, but he's still the same man who completely maimed Kid and intend to go after Barto, which is counter to what he just did for Luffy lol.

I just think that with all of that power, we are becoming naive to think Shanks is this powerful ally only who serves only as a crutch to help Luffy become PK. It's not that simple imo.
Shanks obviously knows the importance of this fruit, and I believe that stems from whatever Roger and his crew learned about one piece and the history of the world.

Did he make Luffy eat it intentionally? I don’t think so, but he saw Roger in Luffy and decided to have faith in that anyways.

Am just happy he did shit after 10 years of waiting

That doesn't change anything. The heat got through which is literally the main threatening attribute of the flame. The Adv CoC did absolutely no harm to Luffy.
then do you expect advance CoA/CoC to stop both light and heat as well ? if there is an invisible shield do you expect it to block light+heat ? it did block the flame just shield is supposed to do, and he had to tolerate the force+heat+light of it while blocking it
the light of sun causes heat, doesn't mean its same force+heat as the flames of sun

Nobody said the rest of the crew used their haki smart one. How does that even matter???????????

He didn't say "Oh Shanks is here, my bad i'll back off". He said "red hair pirates"... Then he says "I have no intention of fighting you guyS, Not yet"

"Red hair pirateS" , "you guyS" = only Shanks??

He sensed the entire crew being there with his CoO.
I think he sensed the CoC was Shanks', then assume he is with his crew hence he said those lines, he didnt prepare to fight with RHP / 'you guys'

There is one thing I actually don't like about Shanks. Of course it is due to the stupid plot but it seems like Shanks gambled on a lot of lives where he could act and prevent something from happening. Unfortunately, I think he is bound by the bullshittery of "fate uga buga".
There's nothing wrong with letting people die, we just saw a bunch of Strawhats watching an Admiral trying to kill their friends, that's how things work in OP. :goyea:

Honestly he wasn’t even that late inserted. Oda clearly had planned Oden back during Marineford when we saw how ace got his position. It’s just oda didn’t think of a viable reason why shanks nor Rayleigh nor whitebeard would go avenge Oden other than, “It’d just leave to more death.”
He maybe came up with him then, but then decided to get him magically involved with Whitebeard, Roger, Kaido and their cats.

That was completely unnecessary just to wank Wano. It made a lot of plot holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.