Who is the man with the burn mark?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Oda wanted to throw a bone to Carrot fans, it'd make more sense for her to start/reform a crew (Nox Pirates) with some minks and try to search for the final road ponegylph to help the straw hats bring the dawn. I don't remember Pedro's will being about sitting your ass on Zou
Wasn’t Pedro’s will about keep moving forward in order to prepare the world for Luffy?

G

Gorosei Informer

Nah
I'm calling it
Buggy's fruit is NOT Paramecia

It's just like Luffy's mythical Zoan with God Nika power where he puts smile on the face as a warrior

Buggy has a mythical Zoan of a god who is blessed with Great Luck....

I'm calling it, and when it's revealed, remember you all
I was the first
Post automatically merged:

Chances are 99% probable
I've been joking about that lately too.

I wouldn't put it past Oda at this point tbh.

He said Buggy is his favourite character and we don't know his full name either, which is probably gonna be important now ofc.

Oda purposely makes him far more relevant, luckier, successful than most other characters and I'm sure it's because gee so like Oda himself even and the original,actual spirit of One Piece itself too, the story i mean.

Even Buggys DF is weird for a Parame characters I'd say. But then again Mr 3s DF is weird too lol. Like Katakuris.

Something tells me we might be getting gaslit about a lot of DFs potentially or even all of them, given what we know about Luffys DF now too.

But this all might be wishful thinking ofc.

Wasn’t Pedro’s will about keep moving forward in order to prepare the world for Luffy?
It was never completely clear, but I know Pedro wanted to join Roger's crew and formed a crew to search the Poneglyphs. Then he reason why he did alll this stuff for Luffy and sacrificed himself was because he believed that the straw hats would bring the dawn to the world and they need to be kept alive. His last words to Carrot were about that.
One way I could see Carrot carries Pedro's will being the duchess is by forming a fleet of minks to directly assist the straw hats. Still, she was never build up as a leader and this really feels random.

Last edited:
The only thing that makes me mad about this Cross Guild situation, is how bad Oda shows the way he writes and the audience perceives Mihawk.

There's virtually not a single line in this entire chapter that separates the 3 characters, from the eyes of the WG. We, as an audience, KNOW that Buggy is just lucky and Croco+Mihawk are the real big threats there.

But where lies the problem?
Just look at the sheer amount of people saying that Mihawk alone is the "reason" they are an Yonko crew now. Why is that, exactly? Because Mihawk's "feats" are based purely on "what people assume he's going to do in the future", not based on what he has shown so far.

Crocodile's case is different, since people evaluate him by past feats, ignoring future possibilities. The very opposite on how they view Mihawk.

Should we blame them, though? The length of the series HURT characters that appear "too soon" in the story. For many here, Crocodile is no more than "a fodder that a rookie Luffy could beat without even needing Haki", despite the fact he was obviously buffed in IP/MF and could very well be buffed again to be "once again", comparable with a character of Mihawk's caliber.

Mihawk, on the other hand, suffers not only because he appeared too soon, but because his "benchmark", which is Shanks, constantly outclasses him everytime he appears or is mentioned. Mihawk, in theory, should be stronger than Shanks, yet it was Shanks who stopped MF war, while Mihawk got constantly blocked, failed to take down a "rookie" Luffy that still didn't have Haki, even after saying "this sword has no restraints" or something like that, got stalled by a single WB commander while a character like Akainu was just destroying them like ants. His only "W" in MF was winning a single trade blow against Jinbo.

MF was terrible for Mihawk's portrayal in comparison with Shanks. Then, what do we get now? Mihawk gets DISCARDED by the WG, who truly believe they have something that can shift the balance of power in their favor. They didn't just discard Mihawk, but also all the other Shichibukais who posed as a threat for others Pirates.
Meanwhile Shanks going Iluminati, declaring he's going after One Piece, displaying an extremely monstrous CoC that could intimidate even an Admiral.

But somehow I'm supposed to believe that, just because Mihawk banded together with an allegedly fodder like Buggy, and an allegedly "vet level" or whatever character like Croco is enough for the WG to give them a title of Yonko? Really? The "discarded" Warlord?
And again, this is entirely based on a future depiction of the character, because Oda completely shat on Mihawk's portrayal throughout the story, making Shanks (who's supposed to be his "inferior rival"), a much more impressive character that imposes much more fear in the hearts of the world's forces.

Show a panel of Mihawk slashing 2 navy ships with a single swing? Nah. It's the famous "I'm gonna tell you to be hyped about something without actually showing you why you should care" Oda style.
couldnt have worded it better
terribly done .

I'm sure Kidd defeated Cracker and forced him to steal the RPG using one of his biscuit soldier. Oda doesn't have any clue on how strong characters are, he just draws what he likes :crazwhat:

I've been joking about that lately too.

I wouldn't put it past Oda at this point tbh.

He said Buggy is his favourite character and we don't know his full name either, which is probably gonna be important now ofc.

Oda purposely makes him far more relevant, luckier, successful than most other characters and I'm sure it's because gee so like Oda himself even and the original,actual spirit of One Piece itself too, the story i mean.

Even Buggys DF is weird for a Parame characters I'd say. But then again Mr 3s DF is weird too lol. Like Katakuris.

Something tells me we might be getting gaslit about a lot of DFs potentially or even all of them, given what we know about Luffys DF now too.

But this all might be wishful thinking ofc.
Slight nitpick, technically Katakuri was an error by Oda as Mochi isn't a natural element like the other logias, so he was turned into a "special paramecia". Mr 3 never turns INTO wax, he can only generate it. Like Magellan. And like Pica turning into stone but not generating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.