Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CoO can also be activated or deactivated via more focus and whatnot.

Again, if Shanks shows stuff with CoC that is actively about attacking in a manner that is completely irrelevant to and doesn't aid your swordsmanship in any manner, sure.

But if we're considering CoO an aid, then fucking up your opponent's reflexes so your attacks can land much better is also an aid.

If you want to wait on both of them to go all out, can do so. Though don't see any good reason to discount Mihawk's title if Shanks is canonically confirmed to be a swordsman and so far hasn't shown anything outside of general swordsmanship as main style with haki fighting aids.
you can call it indirect offense? but its definitely not something passive.. same hoe for FS its an asset but still a separate skill that complements it

but look this goes back to way with the blade being the skill with it.. ofc a top tier swordsman would great haki if not consistent throughout the basic haki spectrum.. but it all comes down to how the lad swings it ya know? and his own techniques

you can all deem the skill with blade as a style like Mihawk's style with the blade can be more sophisticated ofc with his haki complementing it since it is a necessity to..almost like one's nature

Aside from Garp is there a none DF user top tier who isn't a swords men? Roger, Rayleigh, Oden, Mihawk, Shanks, ect.. Swordsmen ship seems to be THE method by which non DF users compete with top tiers. Shanks being the 2nd strongest is a big deal. He's just not number 1.

Where are the Shanks fans? Why they so quiet damn? What happen to “Shanks can never lose except to BB?” :suresure:No matter how you want to twist this around, this 100% a big L to Shanks fans. They were feasting so much after GB scandal and Film Red feats they started getting ahead of themselves, they forgot Oda is a man who likes to give and take away agendas like it is breathing for him. Have we forgotten how dirty he did to GB after a month of insane Admiral hype?

Mihawk fans been shat on for so long ever since Vista that they probably deserve this payback a hundredfold. Be grateful that at least Shanks didn’t shit his pants on screen like a certain tree bowl did.
Damn, didn't you believe Shanks > Mihawk until now? (Not calling you a Shanks fan or saying you slandered Mihawk, but legit curious about opinion changes)

Q: If something like "swordman skill" is not there then why did mihawk choose zoro who didnt know even a basic haki to surpass him out of all the people in new world.

A: He was impressed with zoro's unrestrained sword skill

Its that simple.

Damn, didn't you believe Shanks > Mihawk until now? (Not calling you a Shanks fan or saying you slandered Mihawk, but legit curious about opinion changes)
Before GB scandal, I was always extreme-diff for Mihawk on that one battledome thread. Then after GB scandal and Film Red feats, I switched to extreme-diff Shanks (can you blame me?). Now I’m back to extreme-diff Mihawk. Both have good portrayal but this chapter right now solidifies Mihawk as superior in combat.

you can call it indirect offense? but its definitely not something passive.. same hoe for FS its an asset but still a separate skill that complements it

but look this goes back to way with the blade being the skill with it.. ofc a top tier swordsman would great haki if not consistent throughout the basic haki spectrum.. but it all comes down to how the lad swings it ya know? and his own techniques

you can all deem the skill with blade as a style like Mihawk's style with the blade can be more sophisticated ofc with his haki complementing it since it is a necessity to..almost like one's nature
Is it something that will help you accomplish anything if you're not fighting in certain styles? Nope. If you're fighting as a SM, it aids you there. If you're fighting as a brawler, it aids you there. I'm not calling it passive necessarily.

I think you can label haki related stuff as exception to swordsmanship if they do stuff by themselves. Like, again, shooting lasers from eyes. You don't need a fighting style to do that. But CoO negation is useless if you don't have a fighting style you're already using- because then you're not even fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.