Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda is claiming that, we just take his word for it. If Oda says Mihawk is strongest swordsman in name and actuality, who are you to deny that ?
For the same reason we have to accept that Kaido is stronger than Shanks even if they haven't fought to the death in the past. For the same reason Kaido is stronger than, IDK, Akainu or Aokiji even if he has never ever seen them.

Because the narrator, aka Oda, says so.

Who says mihawk was already wss back then.
Didn't you just say that characters grow in strength?
Why is it only shanks who has grown ?
Because characters grow in different time? Zoro is soon about to beat Mihawk with just 3yr of training.
I can claim because mihawk has been stated to be the current wss
Okay and? Did they fought in 20yrs?
Zoros dream will never be fake. So you point is meaningless
You asked me and I answered. Why are you seething?
He doesnt need any arguments. Two rivals use swords as their primary weapon and only one has world's strongest swordsman title. So the burden of proof is on you.

You could previously say Shanks is a yonko, Mihawk straight up rejects the yonko title and gave it to fucking Buggy in this chapter
You could say Shanks has a 4 billion bounty now and only had 1.1 billion during their duels, this chapter shows Mihawk has 3.6 billion without a single person backing him up
You could say Mihawk is only better at swordsmanship. Zoro already showed you that swordsmen and hakimen are essentially the same thing. The hakiman argument wont help you much here.
Literally this chapter said that the only thing Mihawk is better than Shanks at is "swordsmanship"

If Oda wanted to say that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, he could've easily just removed the "swordsmanship" part.

Status
Not open for further replies.