Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dedication is a part of it but it is a haki feat and Oda is clearly keeping the process a secret for a reason. I don't think the guy who names his kid after his sword isn't dedicated AKA Roger
He abandoned his kid and suffered a lot because of it.. Anyway that's another topic..

lf imbuing CoC is related to making a Black blade this is one more reason that Zoro does not have AdCoC yet.. Because lmbuing CoC into a sword is harder than coating yourself with CoC..

Shanks Case For > Mihawk
- CoO blocker
- Appeared in Ch.1
- Slightly higher Bounty
- Top Tier CoC

Mihawk Case for > Shanks
- Introduced as WSS
- WSS reiterated by marines
- Considered superior to shanks in swordsmanship
- Achieved the greatest haki feat in verse, Black blade
- Confirmed beat Shanks 20 yrs ago
- Casually strolls through Shanks territory, disrespects him and Shanks does nothing
- Rejected Yonko title, he doesnt need it
- Feared by Marines so much, they had to grant him immunity to save themselves
- Frozen bounty is only 10% lower than a Yonko, despite having no crew, real territory, or influence

- Likely the best CoO user in verse, based on portrayal

Wait so you say advanced coc mean top tier thing which it is not even true .
‘He say few strongest people have it , not all strongest people have it.

Sengoku is coc user . Garp is not coc user. But garp > sengoku.

Yamato has advanced coc yet she say she need to call luffy and his friends to deal with greenbull who is not even coc user. And king non coc user best Yamato by feats alone.

It is same thing few mighty people use future sight as silver rayleigh say . Katakuri, luffy , and kaido has future sight . But we know king > katakuri who is not even future sight.

Also if nami have advanced coc on this wano arc, it does not mean she beat sanji who is not even coc user.
No he stated only a few of the stromgest can use it. And those persons are then considered the strongest.

Its why only the top of the top tiers have it.

Rocks, rodger whitebeard shanks, kaido bigmom, lufdy zoro yamato. Only the stronfest of the select few can use it lol. There is no debate on this

Shanks Case For > Mihawk
- CoO blocker
- Appeared in Ch.1
- Slightly higher Bounty
- Top Tier CoC

Mihawk Case for > Shanks
- Introduced as WSS
- WSS reiterated by marines
- Considered superior to shanks in swordsmanship
- Achieved the greatest haki feat in verse, Black blade
- Confirmed beat Shanks 20 yrs ago
- Casually strolls through Shanks territory, disrespects him and Shanks does nothing
- Rejected Yonko title, he doesnt need it
- Feared by Marines so much, they had to grant him immunity to save themselves
- Frozen bounty is only 10% lower than a Yonko, despite having no crew, real territory, or influence

- Likely the best CoO user in verse, based on portrayal
Best CoA also based on having a black blade

Ok Shank fans. I'll grant you an olive branch. Mihawk is the better swordsmen but Shanks is stronger. This means that if both fight without using swords then Shanks will win. I'll grant you that. But that's the only time. Mihawk wins if they use swords.

G

Gorosei Informer

Nami is very motherly while Whitebeard is very fatherly. They have harsh exteriors where it seems like they care more about things like power and money, but, in reality, what they care about most is protecting the people they care about, and making sure they have enough to eat and that they're happy.

Just as Whitebeard naturally attracted "sons", Nami has naturally attracted sisters and daughters through the series. Tama and Nami panels make me happy, you can tell Oda really respects woman who care for children.
That makes a lot of sense, I did see a connection with her maternal nature and Goatbeards paternal nature too.

I was also thinking on how WB is like Neptune/Poseidon, that's who he reminds me of, not the actual OP Neptune/Poseidon but in general lol. He has that Greek God/Olympics vibe. Father of the seas. I think he was referred in similar ways in the story too.

Nami means wave too ofc and if the Imu = Umi theory is true, Nami fans are gonna be eating huge lol.

Oda has shown princesses that all resemble Nami funnily enough to be important somehow and I'm certain Nami is an unknown so far but will be revealed princess of somewhere too. Maybe even a Queen like Bonney might be potentially too, hence why Oda keeps drawing her with a Queen type crown (laughs in British too, god save the queen Nami)

I completely agree there and isn't it funny how much Nami PARALLELS Dadan too? Luffys hononary and some who feel is his true mother? Orange hair, a flashback scene (may be filler) of her being pretty like Nami, both known wfor being bandits, tough and strict but loving, caring motherfly figures etc?

Yeah that is ironic given Oda said mothers are the death or opposite of adventure and how he treats mothers but he mostly makes mothers and mother figures look great too!

Hes been writing for 25 years too so he has changed definitely too, naturally even and becoming a father and being openly proud of his wife and daughters apparently does seem to reflect in his writing lately as you said too ofc.

Thats also why i love characters like WB and Nami too, I couldn't have said it better than what you said there! It all makes sense now! In my personal experiences, I've had the best friendships (and a little more than that sometimes) with very motherly type women rather than status/career/money etc driven type women unless it's doing it for their own kids/family anyway ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.