Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liek i said, is a better Swordsman, that's why the title.

Well Kaidou>WB since his was recognized as Strongest Creature among all living thinks, right?.

Skill as Swordsman:Mihawk>Shanks Results=WSS this is only the Swordsman.

We have wait and see about Haki department.
Point is invalid since shanks doesnt have a title. To state that shanks stronger would imply that he is mostly recognized for something that makes up for him being weaker than mihawk in the blade. So where is shanks title of being the worlds greatest haki user?

I agree with you, but in fact it's not that part that makes me think that this is an important moment.

We have always theorized that Mihawk was a better swordsman and Shansk was better in haki or at least in CoC, but it's the first time that someone important remarks that Mihawk is the strongest swordsman right after talking about Shanks (and basically saying that Shanks is a swordsman himself).
Shanks is definitely skilled using a sword and is probably the best person to compare him too when it comes to swordsmanship
There's technically vista who is also a infamous swordsman but saying hes stronger than vista isn't much hype

And i personally do think characters can have multiple skills in addition and separate to their swordsman ship
Kaku being the first person that pops in my head with having 4 sword style but also a devil fruit based fighting style and rokushiki style that he doesn't have to use his swordsmanship
Shanks and Roger have a high level of swordmanship, but in the end, it is very likely that Vista will surpass them in this regard.
:endthis:
The point is what is a "skilled swordman".

Only swinging your sword better?
If so then the upcoming wss has been losing his time learning haki, getting better weapons or training his body.

People do be thinking of swordmanship with rules of our world when they should use OP rules which mixes swordmanship with haki,base strength of the individual and quality of the weapon.
Only when you hit peak on those factors you can have the best swordmanship.
Personally i think any skill used to specifically enhance your swordsmanship/sword style whether its haki, science, race abilities, or a devil fruit are part of your sword skill
But those same abilities if used separately from your swordsmanship don't actually count to making you a better swordsman even tho it'll make you stronger. Same if someone uses some form of martial arts or other weaponry or swordsmanship together
literally told you @Albino 👑
buggy got that high off being their captain .

influence matters
Tbf they're associating all his (accidental) accomplishments to his strength for the most part
Them believeing
  1. Him being on the roger pirates speaks for how strong he was
  2. Buggy and shanks actually rival eachother in strength
  3. Him being able to gather all those tough impel down inmates must mean he's strong enough
  4. Him being strong enough to have crocodile and mihawk under him due to his power🤡
  5. Him also getting credit for putting bounties on the marines and attacking them with "his group"
Its 100% goofy and not true at all but thats how they perceive it. Plus with his previously bounties being so (deservedly) small all those things would do alot to change his bounty.

Like for example if mihawk and crocodile joined under roger it likely wouldn't really effect his bounty because that's something that makes sense for someone with a 5 billion berry bounty
But if mihawk and crocodile joined under...idk bobbins as his subordinates/underlings that's gonna boost his bounty to high hell because that would presumably mean they were wrong able him
"Brannew: Not only was Buggy the mastermind behind the incident at Impel Down…
【Marine Headquarter】

Page 13
Brannew: …he was also a member of the Pirate King’s crew!! People say that he’s a pirate that rivals Red Haired of the “Four Emperors”.
He is also charismatic enough to have Crocodile rushed to his rescue at Emptee Bluffs Island!! And we have also confirmed the relationship between Crocodile and Mihawk through wire tapping!!
Their “Marine Hunting” movement has already attracted fundings from numerous dark organizations! Even in the current rebelling state of the world, they can still be considered an organization that pose immense threat to us!!
Brannew: “Buggy the Genius Jester”!!
Adding on to what was previously mentioned…and most importantly…is his power that made those two obey him..!!

Page 14
Brannew: 3.1 billion and 89 million berries!!
Acknowledged as a new Emperor along with “Strawhat Luffy”, the government has labeled him as a dangerous person that we need to pay attention to!!"

Liek i said, is a better Swordsman, that's why the title.

Well Kaidou>WB since his was recognized as Strongest Creature among all living thinks, right?.

Skill as Swordsman:Mihawk>Shanks Results=WSS this is only the Swordsman.

We have wait and see about Haki department.
Point is invalid since shanks doesnt have a title. To state that shanks stronger would imply that he is mostly recognized for something that makes up for him being weaker than mihawk in the blade. So where is shanks title of being the worlds greatest haki user?

All trolling aside, I think it's still okay to think Shanks will show something that Mihawk or possibly no one else has. But to believe that he is indisputably above Mihawk at this point, or that Mihawk is not on the same general level as Yonko & Admirals (not saying you dp)...simply doesn't make sense.
Agreed to this, dont understand the notion of Mihawk being YC level anyway, WSS title is huge as Shanks himself is a swordsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.