Did Sanji break his leg this chapter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just a dumb European being ignorant :luuh:
It's all good. I wouldn't know about it either if I hadn't stumbled across an anime on it a few years ago, and became interested in the subject.

But I think that's what a lot of people fail to realize, is that as much as we are ignorant to Japanese culture, Oda is just as much so to the rest of the World. That's why it's not feasible for him to try and cater to his entire audience. Especially when you consider that he has fans in dozens of Countries. That's why it's much easier for him, and any author for that matter to stick to what they know.

It's all good. I wouldn't know about it either if I hadn't stumbled across an anime on it a few years ago, and became interested in the subject.

But I think that's what a lot of people fail to realize, is that as much as we are ignorant to Japanese culture, Oda is just as much so to the rest of the World. That's why it's not feasible for him to try and cater to his entire audience. Especially when you consider that he has fans in dozens of Countries. That's why it's much easier for him, and any author for that matter to stick to what they know.
wasb't rakugo this kind of standup-like stage comedy performance?
i think i looked that up few yeara ago

G

Gorosei Informer

@Cutty Jewboy @Gladwing0 Absolute stonks for Franky Gigachad enjoyers right now.
But then again Franky has been non stop impressive, admirable and entertaining since he joined.
I thought this might be a serious moral conflict arc for him for a few reasons but honestly i'm enjoying this direction and thus Franky meeting his idol and getting to geek out, as I'm sure Oda is doing himself too ofc. Oda for sure reliving his childhood nostalgia and thus influences here, tapping into his inner child and geek.

This arc feels very Shonen in nature but there are girls who love tech, science, robots etc too but it is a very stereotypically boys hobby thing too. Boys toys as they say?

I'm actually in heaven this arc too myself, much like early Wano and Onigashima, having to pinch myself and believe its actually real. My inner child/fanboy/geek is also having a whale (-shark fishman gigachad Jinbae) of a time with this arcs aesthetics, setting, tech, robots, science wank, Vegapunk themselves and thus the sheer nerdiness and technological wonder/spectacular of it too.

I really wish Kidd was involved in this arc, I pray to Goda unironically that he shows up later somehow. Kidd would be in HEAVEN and literally in his element here!

I'm also a Franky SUUUUUPER fan as I've always been from day 1 and you may have guessed from my post too so I'm extremely happy for him now too.
This is his equivalent of Zoro and Mihawk too and I love it.

@Cutty Jewboy @Gladwing0 Absolute stonks for Franky Gigachad enjoyers right now.
But then again Franky has been non stop impressive, admirable and entertaining since he joined.
I thought this might be a serious moral conflict arc for him for a few reasons but honestly i'm enjoying this direction and thus Franky meeting his idol and getting to geek out, as I'm sure Oda is doing himself too ofc. Oda for sure reliving his childhood nostalgia and thus influences here, tapping into his inner child and geek.

This arc feels very Shonen in nature but there are girls who love tech, science, robots etc too but it is a very stereotypically boys hobby thing too. Boys toys as they say?

I'm actually in heaven this arc too myself, much like early Wano and Onigashima, having to pinch myself and believe its actually real. My inner child/fanboy/geek is also having a whale (-shark fishman gigachad Jinbae) of a time with this arcs aesthetics, setting, tech, robots, science wank, Vegapunk themselves and thus the sheer nerdiness and technological wonder/spectacular of it too.

I really wish Kidd was involved in this arc, I pray to Goda unironically that he shows up later somehow. Kidd would be in HEAVEN and literally in his element here!
I'm not into robots normally but I like Franky's development

G

Gorosei Informer

I'm not into robots normally but I like Franky's development
Yeah it's really nice tbh. Transhumanism is something I find interesting to see discussed, hence why I enjoyed Deus Ex: Human Revolution too, but also Frankys, Kumas, Sanjis etc storyline too.

It's just dawning on me that Franky is like the tinman from Wizard of Oars I mean Oz but he actually has a heart already, a big one too ofc.

Franky and Kuma at Sabaody and Kumas ongoing storyline are some of my favourite parts of OP. It's great writing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.