Who’s a better villain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrelevant, why do people have that assumption that you can't have CoC simply because you serve under someone?
Sengoku had CoC and he was thrown around by the Gorosei.

Imagine giving Lucci CoC but not the Strongest Military Force in the WG.
It's not an assumption - up until now it was always the case. Whenever someone had COC and followed someone the latter had it too. So following someone - putting their cause above their own - is always a concious choice.

Lucci, however, is a convinced lapdogcat of the WG. The only CoC he gets is when he can smell luffy's foot next chapter :milaugh:

Finally some Lucci hype. So Kuma's Seraphim has his fruit, and it's listening to Lucci's orders. Glad Sentomaru's around. There will be some WG v. CP0 dynamic hopefully.

With that being said, I am all for Lucci hype and fanservice but running into Luffy this early is bad news for him. Also, needing Rokugan for a Vega clone is extremely underwhelming IMO.
Post automatically merged:

Let's not go there.
Is G3 still Luffy strongest attack? Lucci opening up with that attack just means its no longer his last resort

Lucci and CoC in the same sentence is weird.

I like that people think Lucci can have CoC but GB can't, because he is a Lap dog, how is he any different than Lucci for example.
As a Lucci fan I don't think he has CoC
But regardless, Lucci serves the Governament because he loves the job, he loves having the license to kill and he also loves to be good at it

Aramaki on the other hand seems to serve in the Navy strictly because of the admiration he has for Sakazuki
Looking for an attaboy doesn't sound CoCesque... Lucci doesn't look for something like that, Celestial Dragons are simply the best employers

Plus, being trained since he was a kid, Lucci never had other options really

I still can't see the point of having Lucci and Kaku as villains again; it adds nothing to the story. Either something truly changed them during their cover story and they're working against the Government (would laugh my ass off if they were in contact with the Revolutionary Army and Robin actually welcomes them), or their antagonistic role won't be about fighting again.

But seriously, something like Enies Lobby isn't repeating itself. It serves no narrative purpose nor gives anything interesting to these characters. Clearly how Oda will manage them will depend on Lucci's reflections on Lulusia's incident.

Also, don't think Sentomaru is a bad guy; he at leats respects Luffy as he doesn't see him as scum.

Rayleigh wasn’t very hidden. Either WG are lacking in intelligence skills and/or Rayleigh was too powerful (like Kaido on Wano) to be confronted.
Rayleigh living in Sabaody is no secret, the WG knows it too. Kizaru even clashed with Rayleigh, with Rayleigh two years later again stopping the Marines in their tracks, with Sentomaru justifying himself to his higher ups.

I still can't see the point of having Lucci and Kaku as villains again; it adds nothing to the story. Either something truly changed them during their cover story and they're working against the Government (would laugh my ass off if they were in contact with the Revolutionary Army and Robin actually welcomes them), or their antagonistic role won't be about fighting again.

But seriously, something like Enies Lobby isn't repeating itself. It serves no narrative purpose nor gives anything interesting to these characters. Clearly how Oda will manage them will depend on Lucci's reflections on Lulusia's incident.

Also, don't think Sentomaru is a bad guy; he at leats respects Luffy as he doesn't see him as scum.
He can respect luffy and still try to kill them. He a marine. The only way he doesn't is if Luffy is going against the same enemy or someone is doing something worse at the moment.

Where are you getting the idea that Sentomaru respects Luffy? I’m interested because I don’t remember this being implied.

I would want to punch Robin if she just casually welcomed the ones who were doing everything in their power to kill her and her friends. I doubt Oda would do this, because something like this being revealed out of nowhere with no build-up would make anyone confused.

I just want Luffy to one-shot Lucci to be honest, or atleast have a short fight with him (Blueno length? :kobeha:). After defeating the supposedly “strongest creature in the world”, I would hope that actually means something? Surely we didn’t get 149 chapters of Wano for nothing?? :catsweat:

The only ones that the Straw Hats should worry about now are the Admirals (Akainu atleast), Blackbeard, the Gorosei, Imu and maybe Shanks if they actually duke it out for the One Piece. Everyone else should be fairly easy.

This is the Final Saga, and it should feel like it. I’m sure Oda knows this just as well as everyone else… I hope.

I wonder if Kuma's Seraphim doesn't really have an artificial version of the Nikyu Nikyu but the warping technology Vegapunk was testing a couple of chapters ago.

Where are you getting the idea that Sentomaru respects Luffy? I’m interested because I don’t remember this being implied.

I would want to punch Robin if she just casually welcomed the ones who were doing everything in their power to kill her and her friends. I doubt Oda would do this, because something like this being revealed out of nowhere with no build-up would make anyone confused.
When Sentomaru defeated Demalo Black he stated Luffy not to be scum like him.

Also, I'm not saying Robin would be casually welcoming them nor I believe it personally, but, if anything, CP9's cover story revolved around truly helping people the moment they left the Government and I don't think it will be left hanging. Either this is explored now that Lucci is starting to reflect on the Government's actions or something happened during the timeskip that will be revealed next chapters; but reducing them into villains again would be a waste of character development.

He can respect luffy and still try to kill them. He a marine. The only way he doesn't is if Luffy is going against the same enemy or someone is doing something worse at the moment.
Sure, but we all know what happens when someone respects Luffy. Even a villain like Crocodile helped him during Marineford. Also, "He a marine" holds no weight; in case it wasn't obvious since day one, Vegapunk recently stated that not everybody in the Government is evil and Sentomaru not only respects Luffy but is Vegapunk's bodyguard (and he's proud of his defense).

Of course he may still try to kill them, but in a scenario where CP0 aims at killing Vegapunk and Vegapunk himself openly trusts Luffy? Have my doubts. As minimum, dilemma is served.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.