Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1070 Spoilers Discussion

Who is the mysterious woman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worstgen is definitely overthinking the mini Boa thing, does it look bad? Yes, did Oda think anything beyond beauty=stone people? No.

Boa and Cavendish are just the ultimate beautiful characters and they stir the hearts of people even as kids, that can be rightfully be considered problematic by people but they're also thinking way more about it than intended.

This is exactly why I dislike 90% of the OP fandom
People have watched/read OP for many years but are not real "fans" if they dislike or criticise something

The thing is the guy being replied to was also a fucking retard because the whole point of BB's powers is to temporarily nullify Luffy's powers so that's not gonna happen unless Luffy uses Haki to make a gap or somn.

That man normally doesn't get heart eyes and have his tongue out over his daughter, unless his name is Josef Fritzl or something.

They SHOULDN'T be attracted to a little girl regardless of what power she has. The power makes them attracted to her after all. Why did Oda need to make this situation happen? Why was it necessary? Unless he wants to show how child are perverted on in other ways, aside from experimentation, slave labour, physical abuse, murder and such in the OP world? It could be that, but it wouldn't be such a "gag" moment here then and he would be calling it out and treating it with more care/seriousness then.

Also whats the difference between a girl calling her dad, daddy and her boyfriend daddy too? Intention/context too. And there's no fucking pure intentions going on here with those agents and Sera Boa too.

Hell, in Wano, we had Beast Pirates trying to kidnap Tama for their red light district there and she might have just served waitress role or something, a helper, but even if she just did that and there wasn't far more evil intentions for her being there, having a child in a completely adult and thus sexual environment is absolutely immoral at the very least, its evil and sickening.
Post automatically merged:

My points still stand and we both know that though.

You cannot justify this and you shouldn'r evne be trying to. Major red flags.

He did in Film Z, which Oda did oversee, is well aware of and has been fine with/accepted too. Its an official product that went mainstream regardless and thus affected how Sanji is depicted greatly and not in a positive way either exactly.

You guys are genuinely scaring me on what you're trying to defend/justify here. This is why the anime community has such severe problems to this day and why certain problems are so malignant and thus recurring/widespread.

As I said, Oda might think its a harmless gag, he might be trying to expose actual child predation in the story OR its more likely connected to the fact hes stll completely friendly with and thinks highly of Watsuki who has been arrested for owning a LOT of actual CP and expressing desires to sleep with underage girls and also defended at least one other author who was caught with CP and tried to fight for their "rights" depsite them being blatantly guilty and commiting a severe crime, one of the worst at that.

I know I'm fighting a losing battle though, this is just being said in vain and I won't get listened to though.

I genuinely give up with this fanbase and OP. This is exhausting my soul to its very last cinders.
If it wasn't Oda, you could almost read it as social criticism against the Jpop idol culture, the superficiality of it all and the grown ass men who make fools of themselves fawning over a teen singer... But since it's OP, it's another Master Roshi level "joke." Oda should've either given her a different fruit or retconned it and had the victims shout, "Kawaii" and keep their tongues in their mouths. But then again, I lost hope in Oda doing female characters right a long time ago.

Worstgen is definitely overthinking the mini Boa thing, does it look bad? Yes, did Oda think anything beyond beauty=stone people? No.

Boa and Cavendish are just the ultimate beautiful characters and they stir the hearts of people even as kids, that can be rightfully be considered problematic by people but they're also thinking way more about it than intended.
Y'know you could have went the easy, more sensible way and theorized that it's because she's cute ( because she is admittedly a cute character ) that they got petrified.

That man normally doesn't get heart eyes and have his tongue out over his daughter, unless his name is Josef Fritzl or something.

They SHOULDN'T be attracted to a little girl regardless of what power she has. The power makes them attracted to her after all. Why did Oda need to make this situation happen? Why was it necessary? Unless he wants to show how child are perverted on in other ways, aside from experimentation, slave labour, physical abuse, murder and such in the OP world? It could be that, but it wouldn't be such a "gag" moment here then and he would be calling it out and treating it with more care/seriousness then.

Also whats the difference between a girl calling her dad, daddy and her boyfriend daddy too? Intention/context too. And there's no fucking pure intentions going on here with those agents and Sera Boa too.

Hell, in Wano, we had Beast Pirates trying to kidnap Tama for their red light district there and she might have just served waitress role or something, a helper, but even if she just did that and there wasn't far more evil intentions for her being there, having a child in a completely adult and thus sexual environment is absolutely immoral at the very least, its evil and sickening.
Post automatically merged:

My points still stand and we both know that though.

You cannot justify this and you shouldn'r evne be trying to. Major red flags.

He did in Film Z, which Oda did oversee, is well aware of and has been fine with/accepted too. Its an official product that went mainstream regardless and thus affected how Sanji is depicted greatly and not in a positive way either exactly.

You guys are genuinely scaring me on what you're trying to defend/justify here. This is why the anime community has such severe problems to this day and why certain problems are so malignant and thus recurring/widespread.

As I said, Oda might think its a harmless gag, he might be trying to expose actual child predation in the story OR its more likely connected to the fact hes stll completely friendly with and thinks highly of Watsuki who has been arrested for owning a LOT of actual CP and expressing desires to sleep with underage girls and also defended at least one other author who was caught with CP and tried to fight for their "rights" depsite them being blatantly guilty and commiting a severe crime, one of the worst at that.

I know I'm fighting a losing battle though, this is just being said in vain and I won't get listened to though.

I genuinely give up with this fanbase and OP. This is exhausting my soul to its very last cinders.
Nah i think you're overreacting a bit and mixing up things that don't necessarily correlate to each other

Film Z is not canon, Sanji has never done something like that in the actual story, not even close. Toei does a lot of stuff that doesn't makes sense in the manga at all, but Oda can't simply come in a tell them to delete everything because it's not accurate to the story

It almost looks like those people who would completely freak out on kids having any sorts of lessons about sexuality in school, which could even prevent ACTUAL BADLY INTENTIONED PEOPLE to take advantage of their innocence somehow, thats what actual pedos do and thats how they commit their crimes around the world.

And there is more stuff to discuss, like the differences in western and eastern culture

People needing to start living in the real world here :kawak:

boa hancock turned the other women to stone in the first amazon lily arc by just being cute. they didnt need to be sexually attracted to be petrified. but also cipher pol are pedos

Y'know you could have went the easy, more sensible way and theorized that it's because she's cute ( because she is admittedly a cute character ) that they got petrified.
I did, I think their beauty makes both Boa and Cavendish cute kids and that's makes characters like (not lust) them as opposed to theorizing Oda decided 1070 chapters in was the perfect time to make some statement about degenerate CP0 officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.