Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people have to start looking at antagonists more laterally than vertically in this series again. There was a point in Pre-TS where Enel would have likely rocked Lucci or Moria like nothing, yet he came after.

Its all about how the villain can be perceived as a threat. Kizaru arguably is the fastest man alive, and could fuck with Luffy's observation haki. Blackbeard having 2 or 3 of the strongest DFs where one negates Luffy's powers largely poses a bigger issue for where hed need to rely more on Haki than powers. Akainu just straight up has one of the most dangerous DFs in the series. Oda has never drawn another villain with the ability to quite literally scar, maim and eviscerate bodies the way he did with Akainu and Ace, Jinbe, Luffy and Whitebeard.

All of these characters just have different threats to the MC. That could also include Im and the Gorosei, or even Shanks for that matter (I personally think BB and Shanks are polar opposite in that regard with respect to top DF powers and Haki).
Luffy dodged a laser at the beginning of the timeskip, I doubt Kizaru is a serious issue for him unless Kizaru's just really fast and stacks his lasers on top of that speed.
Also, considering Luffy has a superior Devil Fruit and Haki, and can also touch things like Lightning, he should reasonably stomp Kizaru.
But Oda may downplay Luffy for the sake of plot, and that's fine because after all it's his manga.

How is 1 leg levitated means he was on the air completely? :suresure: You serious?

Also how you even see 1 leg is levitated? Its still on the ground lmao.

You clearly can't realize whats happening there, the clash effect being close to SHawk means Zolo is the one who get pushed.

Both of his legs above unless you think it makes sense in a clash for s hawk to only have one above ground lol.

It's clearly not on the ground since the blue marked the space between the air and the floor.

The clash affect being closer means that the long ranged attacked stopped closer to s hawk which means it couldnt have pushed zoro back lol.

If it was sending an opponent back it would have been further to the opponent showing the cut force propelling lol

Sigh let me just send a pic since it's hard to understand

Last edited:
Yeah i get what you mean
All luffy's main arc opponents don't necessarily need to be neccesarily stronger than all the previous as long as they're the strongest and most dangerous opponent in context of the arc

Like i still think its possible for us to see a davy back fight between the strawhats and the red haired pirates + possibly cross guild next arc

When it comes to akainu tho its hard for me to think of a situation where there would be an arc where he is the main big bad and not the world government aka imu
I dont subscribe to the whole DBF thing but at least in regards to Akainu/Im, it might be easier to potentially treat New Marineford and Mariejois as possible separate arcs. Think how Amazon Lily, Impel Down and Marineford are all the same plotline but in the end, all had different (albeit temporary) antagonists for the plot they did serve.

This is how im seeing the Final War, where New Marineford is the WGs major defense against NW Pirates thinking of attacking Mariejois. We may get 2 parts of a larger war/frontlines this way, and after Luffy assaults Mariejois.

This also doesnt reallt consider BB and Shanks relevance if they survive beyond Laugh Tale, so thatll be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.