Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I see it this way. Take Mihawk's sword away and he can't compete with Gear 3rd Luffy. Take Shanks' sword away and he can go head to head with Gear 5th (This is my headcanon btw).
And why so?
Shanks doesn't even have two arms like Hawkeye.

And as you said, Mihawk's CoC infused sword techniques must be better than Shanks's own stuff as well because that's how you define it.

Chapter 1,079 summary, one of the most special summaries I've written in all these years T_T

Chapter 1,000: "Straw Hat Luffy".

Luffy reaches the 5th floor of Onigashima and finds out that all of Kaidou's subordinates on this floor were defeated by the Minks (it seems Jack is nowhere). Luffy finds Shishilian and talks to him.

Shishilian: "Straw Hat, this is all we can do to help you."

Luffy: "It's OK! I don't forget how you gave your lives to protect Raizou."

Shishilian cries as Luffy walks up to the Top floor of Onigashima.

Cut to Live Floor, we can see Queen and King trying to stop Marco. Queen stretches his neck (like Inspector Gadget) to attack Marco, it seems he's a cyborg or something ike that. But Marco, in phoenix form, locks both King and Queen's necks with both of his wings. Then he throws Zoro up to the ceiling.

Cut back to Yamato. She says she picked up Oden's journal at the riverbank on the day that Oden's castle was burned. It seems someone saved it from the castle. Yamato tells Momonosuke she will give him the journal.

Yamato: "You were born on Shirohige's ship and then spent time on Roger's ship, right?
They once said that 20 years in the future, a new generation of strong people will emerge and come into the New World.
And that future is now!
I once thought Ace would be the one leading them, but when he died I realized something else..."

Flashback of the night where Ace and Yamato were drinking. Ace let slipped what Luffy said him and Sabo about "what he will do at the end of his dream" (in chapter 585). Ace panicked and told Yamato not to laugh at what he said or he won't forgive her.

However Yamato was in tears when she heard the words Luffy said, because she remembers that words are exactly the same words Roger said to Shirohige and Oden after his fight with Shirohige (in chapter 966). Ace and Sabo really believe Luffy can do it.

Yamato: "I won't laugh about it since there's a great man in Oden's journal who said exactly the same words Luffy said."

Ace: "A great man? Not bad. I'd love to drink with him."

Yamato: "Unfortunately he is dead."

Yamato then made Ace's Vivre Card and taught him what it can do. She said goodbye to him and told him the Vivre Card will bring them together again.

Back to present. Yamato tells Momonosuke that one day Ace's Vivre Card disappeared. After that she found out via newespaper that Ace was Roger's son and that he had a brother who's also a pirate.

Then Yamato explains to Momonosuke what Oden said in his journal regarding how the new generation of strong pirates will emerge to defeat Kaido 20 years in the future.

As she narrates, we see Luffy reaching the top floor of Onigashima to find Kid is already there, and Law used his powers to get there as well. Then we see Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Killer y Law in front of Kaidou and Big Mom in an epic double spread.

Kaidou: "Linlin, do you know what this brat once told me what he wants to become?"

Big Mom: "I know, he's an insolent. He once said it to me too when he destroyed my castle."

But Luffy walks past Kaidou and Big Mom without paying them any attention. Then he kneels down next to Kinemon, who was bloodied and lying on the ground along with other Red Scabbards.

Kaidou: "Hey brat. Say it again in front of our faces! What do you want to become?"

Luffy: "Sorry for being late, Kinemon."

Kinemon: “I’m so ashamed!
I cannot face Oden-sama in the afterlife anymore.
Luffy-dono, can I ask you to bear the burden of Wanokuni for us?”

Luffy: "Of course I will do! This is my friend's country!!"

Kaidou swings his kanabo at Luffy. Luffy tells Law to help transport the Red Scabbards to the floor below. The he jumps and avoids Kaidou's attack.

Luffy actives Gear 3, then we see flashes of Wanokuni characters' faces and voices until now (Momonosuke, the Red Scabbards, Yasuie...). Then Luffy uses a new attack called "Gomu Gomu no Red Rock" (ゴムゴムの業火銃拳 (レッドロック)) to punch Kaidou in the face. Kaidou's face is on fire as he falls down.

Big Mom: "Hey, what the hell are you doing Kaido!?
How can you be punched down like this!!"

Luffy: "I am Monkey D. Luffy.
The man who will surpass both of you...
and become the "Pirate King"!!!"

End of Chapter. break in next issue.
Who has open the cages? :whitepress:

Law was the one with the more devastating moves, Shockwille, Puncture Wille, even R Room for some reason stopped BM from using Homies. Keeps going after using “all his stamina” like Oda backtracked on that crazy notion.

Law was able to get in like probably half of his total damage against Doffy using Gamma Knife. He had his menace moment and he also embarrassed Trebol an executive with just his lopped off arm lmao. He did not look as good as Luffy obviously but in no way was it “ridiculously bad.”

Plot-wise he was the one who broke the gears of the New World, and chasing after Poneglyphs with Nico Robin.

Even now Law is the one who is seen giving a challenge to Yonko. He’s definitely going to be important later on whether lose or not.
I saw somewhere that kid was the one supposed to be important in one piece but surprisenlly it was law , and you're right i feel like he should offer more to the story given the fact that he was the one to create the alliance and bring the taking kaido down matter from scratch , he's an amazing smart tactician unlike a certain someone that thinks he's surpassing shanks just because he contributed with 20% effort on beating an old raggedy monster granny:optimistic:

Law was the one with the more devastating moves, Shockwille, Puncture Wille, even R Room for some reason stopped BM from using Homies. Keeps going after using “all his stamina” like Oda backtracked on that crazy notion.

Law was able to get in like probably half of his total damage against Doffy using Gamma Knife. He had his menace moment and he also embarrassed Trebol an executive with just his lopped off arm lmao. He did not look as good as Luffy obviously but in no way was it “ridiculously bad.”

Plot-wise he was the one who broke the gears of the New World, and chasing after Poneglyphs with Nico Robin.

Even now Law is the one who is seen giving a challenge to Yonko. He’s definitely going to be important later on whether lose or not.
CHallenge is a strong word. BB is a punching bad .
Always was and always will .
If kid fought BB you seriously think he would not land attack on a guy that can't dodge ?
ALso Law attacks being more destructive im not agreed.
Punk clash was more destructive then first shock willy .
Corna dio and shock willy 2 were basically the same strenght since both got BM bones .
PUncture willy im agreed but Kid used punk damned twice this compensate for it in my opinion .
FOr nerfing BM homies with silence yes but this is a support move not a carry move.

Status
Not open for further replies.