Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1098 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Oda's going full Greek tragedy with Kuma. He likely took a deal with the world government to save Bonney's life from what ever disease she and Ginny contracted. I do not think Kuma has a happy end whether he lives or dies, it would just feel very jarring after everything. Then again I didn't think he would ever make some of the darker elements of One Piece as blatant as he has in this flashback.

Important considerations going forward,

1. How much about this flashback do the Strawhats learn?
  2. How will this affect Vegapunk and Bonney going forward? This seems like it is supposed to be a big turning point in the story?
  3. Did Kuma's memories linger because no one accepted them? And how did Bonney touching them affect them?
  4. Are the memories still there, does Bonney have them or did they return to Kuma and that is why he made his move?
  5. Most importantly though why are we learning this now? How does Kuma's flashback help us understand the currently unfolding story at Egghead?
On a side note watching the reactions to the depths of One Piece's darkness here has been strange. None of this is new. It has been hinted at since Oda decided to first include enslavement in One Piece. Is it just that no one expected Oda to actually be this open about it or that people genuinely did not want to acknowledge it and thus preferred when it was mostly obscured so that it was easy to ignore.

Considering how close to the end we are Oda may be likely to lean more heavily in to these darker elements from now to the end. Though hopefully a bit less dark than this.

Last edited:
Of course what i said may not be 100% true, but Kuma willingly turning himself into a robot to save bonney isn't surprising. We've seen what kuma is willing to sacrifice for even strangers. He would do whatever it takes to save Bonney.

WG forcing Kuma is an obvious guess as well but for that we need the complete timeline of when he became a Warlord.
Sure it’s not a surprise but I think we are done with most of the shocking stuff in this flashback… Like what can be more shocking than this chapter

I think the obviousness of Kuma being turned into a cyborg because of a deal with a WG for Vegapunk to cure Bonney is warranted now… there’s been enough shock for a while now

A slave forced to marry a Tenryuubito and having his child has been undoubtedly raped. I don't even understand why you would consider she had sex with him willingly.
You need to practice reading comprehension and follow along with the context of the conversation.

Instead of projecting your degenerate fantasies, first read what is being discussed. I was talking about a theory in the past with the context being before current chapter spoilers were released.

Without the information we currently have about the spoilers, there was no need to automatically assume rape, since nobody knew about marriage. In fact everyone assumed that it would have been done without marriage if it were forced and non-consensual.

The anti-admirals folks think admiral fans are desperately for claiming dragon as marine agenda but now they trash him.

You people never learn.

Watch dragon slaughter celestial dragons while trying to locate the kidnapper who is,holy knight. And holy knight pee his pant when see dragon aura.

Bonney is still mentally 12 years old, IMO.

Unless Vegapunk could speak coherently when he was a baby, since when Bonney regressed his age, Vegapunk still maintained his intellect.

Bonney's Fruit alters her physical age, IMO, not mental age.

SO, yeah, bad Oda, bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.