Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1102 Spoilers Discussion

What will happen to Kuma?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless how we feel about and powerscale the previous Shichibukai, in the One Piece world they are viewed above Yonko Commanders just by bounty alone, Oda giving Crocodile and Boa a bounty above those of the 1st YC's makes this clear
Buggy was given a higher bounty than every single warlord except mihawk does that mean buggy is stronger than the warlords?

Bounties got nothing to do with strength or power that's just a small part of it

Bounty is based on how they are perceived and danger levels to the world

Buggy was given a higher bounty than every single warlord except mihawk does that mean buggy is stronger than the warlords?

Bounties got nothing to do with strength or power that's just a small part of it

The One Piece world views Buggy stronger than the warlords yes

Bounties are literally connected to power. That’s why we have long tenured pirates like Teach and Marco literally use bounties to powerscale

Exceptions exist but were made aware of them like Buggy who’s bounty is because of his percieved ability to command mihawk and croc, or robin because of her ability to read the Poneglyphs.

Bounties are literally connected to power.
Explain to me ,
Why luffy get 1.5 B to beat Katakuri... but Zoro only gets 1.1 B for all he did with Kaido and king.

This zoro is clearly stronger and "powerful" then 1.5 B Luffy.

It's the thread which accounted in. Zoro individually isn't much of a threat to WG , but Luffy Commanding a whole fleet is a bigger threat to WG.

Bounties are literally connected to power. That’s why we have long tenured pirates like Teach and Marco literally use bounties to powerscale

Exceptions exist but were made aware of them like Buggy who’s bounty is because of his percieved ability to command mihawk and croc, or robin because of her ability to read the Poneglyphs.
Teach is a yonko, Marco was the right hand man of the person perceived to he the strongest in the world both of which have op powers

You gave the two worst examples you could possibly give

Explain to me ,
Why luffy get 1.5 B to beat Katakuri... but Zoro only gets 1.1 B for all he did with Kaido and king.

It's the thread which accounted in. Zoro individually isn't much of a threat to WG , but Luffy Commanding a whole fleet is a bigger threat to WG.
Because these are main characters who are constantly changing in bounty even when there’s no growth in power.

Comparing them to minor characters like most warlords and the commanders whose bounties will not be changing and are only designed to show the power levels is like comparing apples to oranges.
Post automatically merged:

Teach is a yonko, Marco was the right hand man of the person perceived to he the strongest in the world both of which have op powers

You gave the two worst examples you could possibly give
I’m talking about both of them powerscaling opponents based off of their bounties…

Explain to me ,

I think the bounty system is one of the worst thought out things in the manga. I feel Oda doesn't really care about it in the grand scheme of things and just used it for some cool moment in the beginning, but now it's just confusing.

Because these are main characters who are constantly changing in bounty even when there’s no growth in power.

Comparing them to minor characters like most warlords and the commanders whose bounties will not be changing and are only designed to show the power levels is like comparing apples to oranges.
Post automatically merged:

I’m talking about both of them powerscaling opponents based off of their bounties…
Who did they powerscale based off their bounties?

I think the bounty system is one of the worst thought out things in the manga. I feel Oda doesn't really care about it in the grand scheme of things and just used it for some cool moment in the beginning, but now it's just confusing.

I dont think its confusing at all.
Seems more like a issue of people thinking as power and threat as seperate factors than as one.

Bounties just work differently for main characters than to minor characters.

For main characters oda actively knows when they’ll get bounty boosts and power ups so he’s able to make bullshit bounties so he can have more “bounty reveal” chapters which always generate a lot of hype.

For minor characters oda doesn’t give a shit about “well gotta take in the yonko tax and the murder some tax” he probably just thinks this is a children’s manga, I need a way to clearly state characters strength levels for these characters without having to waste time writing about them being this strong. So I’ll just give them a bounty that makes sense for that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.