ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1103 "I'M SORRY, FATHER"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Oda gives us a few hints in this chapter, with which we actually can piece together a part of that small time skip.

The sole fact that Vegapunk is free and not York’s hostage anymore, means that the SHPs/CP0 alliance has intervened and freed the scientist somehow. What I additionally see is, that the Stellar has already been patched up (the bandaid at his head). It means Chopper must have seen him.

Then Vegapunk tells Bonney that a lot had happened on Egghead since they had last seen each other. So, this must mean that Bonney was in the room during all this. She was not involved in it.

This means that everything happening up there, involved solely the Vegapunuks, CP0 and the SHPs. And Oda letting Vegapunk mention that much had happened, lets me think that he will reveal what that was later on.

Fact is: He inserted the flashback for a reason, we do not know, yet. He wants to hide something from us. And after this something is revealed, he will show us, what had happened back then. This means, we will have another flashback in the forseeable future. Considering that Lucci is still on the SHP’s side, he is probably hiding this detail from us. Also, I think Lucci is in fact the guy, who tactically maneuvered the crew and Vegapunk out of that dire situation with York. I think Oda wants to give us that revelation with a boom – let the mangaka have his fun.

The person, who gave Luffy the food: It is interesting that Oda focusses on such a small detail of Luffy asking for food. He could have entirely skipped that detail – Luffy being hungry is not that much important. And Oda could have proceded the plot easily without it. This makes it so much interesting, because Oda is again hiding something bigger from us and lets only this small hint for us to think about in the open. And with Saturn even comenting on it, makes me focus on it even more.

Since we know that Oda was already trying to hide the above mentioned matter regarding Lucci with his little time-skip, this now means that this small detail of, who gave Luffy the food, has to do with Lucci being on the SHP’s side – or one of his plans. Thinking about it, the person, who did give Luffy the food could be someone, Oda still tried to sell us as `dead´ (Shaka and/or Pythagoras). He could also make someone, who we do not think of handle the task (Caribou). Or he could just make one of the SHP’s, who are still in the Labo-Stratum, do it. Whoever it was, Oda keeps avoiding the matter with Lucci.

Then we have Kuma finally arriving on Egghead. What I question myself is, why Kuma did activate in the first place, after Shaka commanded everyone to prepare for battle. Only to arrive on Egghead, with Vegapunk seemingly surprised that Kuma appeared there. This does not look like Vegapunk (be it Shaka or the Stella) had given him a command to do so.

So, what I question myself is: Why did Kuma choose to head to Egghead in the first place? Why did he know, where he had to go? Was it that switch, Vegapunk had build into Kuma, that leaves a small part of himself in control? This would mean that the action of Shaka, could have triggered that switch or at least could have given Kuma information that Vegapunk was in danger. Since we have seen Kuma communicating with Vegapunk from a far distance – he is half robot after all. He could have heard Shaka’s command to prepare and acted to go and protect Vegapunk out of his own decision. A detail, which would underline that part is the command-chip that a navy-soldier commented on as to not function on Kuma. But this is speculation and I would thread with care here.

In the end, Kuma was the best option to save Bonney. I hope they will both be together from now on.

DF. It only activated after the blood from the stab disappeared when he specifically stated he wanted to be stabbed so likely a DF power that uses that blood as a medium

I would have to look deeper into the myth itself but I recall in Nioh 2 which was all about fighting legendary yokai and had a bossfight against a Gyuki. Nioh 2 had some info on things on myths I dont see a lot anywhere else.

Did mention this as well in the bestiary:

"Gyuki is an enormous yokai with the legs of a spider and head of a bull. It is both savage and cruel, and is known to spit poison to incapacitate its human prey before devouring those it has killed with relish"

"To prevail in battle against a Gyuki, one must skillfully avoid its blood, whether spattered from a wound or pooled on the ground, and outmaneuver it at all costs."

"it curses its victims with an incurable illness, or anyone who is unlucky enough to see it is stricken with disease."

Funnily enough:
It also mentions a Gyuki can transform into a woman with wings.
No idea where they got that from though.

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Hey, wait a minute, how come Momo and Yamato are on the color spread with the Straw Hats and not Kinemon, even though Kinemon was offered Straw Hat membership like how Momo and Yamato also were?

That is Kinemon erasure.

Momo is only there cause its year of dragon

I believe Yamato is a full fledged strawhat and this proves it imo

Oda gives us a few hints in this chapter, with which we actually can piece together a part of that small time skip.

The sole fact that Vegapunk is free and not York’s hostage anymore, means that the SHPs/CP0 alliance has intervened and freed the scientist somehow. What I additionally see is, that the Stellar has already been patched up (the bandaid at his head). It means Chopper must have seen him.

Then Vegapunk tells Bonney that a lot had happened on Egghead since they had last seen each other. So, this must mean that Bonney was in the room during all this. She was not involved in it.

This means that everything happening up there, involved solely the Vegapunuks, CP0 and the SHPs. And Oda letting Vegapunk mention that much had happened, lets me think that he will reveal what that was later on.

Fact is: He inserted the flashback for a reason, we do not know, yet. He wants to hide something from us. And after this something is revealed, he will show us, what had happened back then. This means, we will have another flashback in the forseeable future. Considering that Lucci is still on the SHP’s side, he is probably hiding this detail from us. Also, I think Lucci is in fact the guy, who tactically maneuvered the crew and Vegapunk out of that dire situation with York. I think Oda wants to give us that revelation with a boom – let the mangaka have his fun.

The person, who gave Luffy the food: It is interesting that Oda focusses on such a small detail of Luffy asking for food. He could have entirely skipped that detail – Luffy being hungry is not that much important. And Oda could have proceded the plot easily without it. This makes it so much interesting, because Oda is again hiding something bigger from us and lets only this small hint for us to think about in the open. And with Saturn even comenting on it, makes me focus on it even more.

Since we know that Oda was already trying to hide the above mentioned matter regarding Lucci with his little time-skip, this now means that this small detail of, who gave Luffy the food, has to do with Lucci being on the SHP’s side – or one of his plans. Thinking about it, the person, who did give Luffy the food could be someone, Oda still tried to sell us as `dead´ (Shaka and/or Pythagoras). He could also make someone, who we do not think of handle the task (Caribou). Or he could just make one of the SHP’s, who are still in the Labo-Stratum, do it. Whoever it was, Oda keeps avoiding the matter with Lucci.

Then we have Kuma finally arriving on Egghead. What I question myself is, why Kuma did activate in the first place, after Shaka commanded everyone to prepare for battle. Only to arrive on Egghead, with Vegapunk seemingly surprised that Kuma appeared there. This does not look like Vegapunk (be it Shaka or the Stella) had given him a command to do so.

So, what I question myself is: Why did Kuma choose to head to Egghead in the first place? Why did he know, where he had to go? Was it that switch, Vegapunk had build into Kuma, that leaves a small part of himself in control? This would mean that the action of Shaka, could have triggered that switch or at least could have given Kuma information that Vegapunk was in danger. Since we have seen Kuma communicating with Vegapunk from a far distance – he is half robot after all. He could have heard Shaka’s command to prepare and acted to go and protect Vegapunk out of his own decision. A detail, which would underline that part is the command-chip that a navy-soldier commented on as to not function on Kuma. But this is speculation and I would thread with care here.

In the end, Kuma was the best option to save Bonney. I hope they will both be together from now on.
So much cooking here but sanji is stuck so this won't hold 🗿

Cool read!
For the Kuma being on Egghead part, it must be somekind of Bonney vivre card that Vegapunk put inside Kuma.

So much cooking here but sanji is stuck so this won't hold 🗿
I'm very sure about my cooking. Just waiting for certain things to happen in the next few chapter:

Spoiler-alert: Plot-twist in 3 ... 2 ... 1... Just a little more waiting, trust me. 😉

Cool read!
For the Kuma being on Egghead part, it must be somekind of Bonney vivre card that Vegapunk put inside Kuma.
Thanks! And yes, I was questioning that, too. At the moment I would say that Kuma has access to some kinf of information from Vegapunk and knew that Vegapunk was either in danger or even that Bonney was on Egghead and in danger. Maybe he has access to Punk Records?

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
If this proves Yamato as a Strawhat then the likes of Tama and Law are full fledged crewmates too.
Well Law has his own crew and expressed zero interest to join

Tama could still join in the future Luffy said she could

Where as Yamato not only expressed interest in joining Luffy even accepted her application and was visibly disappointed when she asked to stay back

Also it's not like a member of the crew has to be traveling with the crew in order to be considered a member

So in my opinion

Yamato is a strawhat but much like how Scotch was protecting the island xdrake attacked

Yamato is protecting Wano in Luffys name

Why didn't Camie and those other clowns with the black pointy hats pass out if the haki wasn't targeted?

The fake SHs are in a crowd of people

Luffy literally apologizes to the fishmen surrounding him before he KOs them. Meanwhile Shirahoshi and the other fishmen remains conscious.

All of the above are targeted usage of haki.
Yeah. It's been targeted for a very long time. Shanks just lets it out on purpose. He's trying to train his crew to take it better or something.
Post automatically merged:

Where as Yamato not only expressed interest in joining Luffy even accepted her application and was visibly disappointed when she asked to stay back
This never happened in the manga. I knew the anime scene would fuck with fanboys lol. Luffy was upset when Yamato first asked to join, never agreed to her joining, and just went ok great this way is more reassuring for us too. take care of momo bye.

I would have to look deeper into the myth itself but I recall in Nioh 2 which was all about fighting legendary yokai and had a bossfight against a Gyuki. Nioh 2 had some info on things on myths I dont see a lot anywhere else.

Did mention this as well in the bestiary:

"Gyuki is an enormous yokai with the legs of a spider and head of a bull. It is both savage and cruel, and is known to spit poison to incapacitate its human prey before devouring those it has killed with relish"

"To prevail in battle against a Gyuki, one must skillfully avoid its blood, whether spattered from a wound or pooled on the ground, and outmaneuver it at all costs."

"it curses its victims with an incurable illness, or anyone who is unlucky enough to see it is stricken with disease."

Funnily enough:
It also mentions a Gyuki can transform into a woman with wings.
No idea where they got that from though.
It would be very cool if Saturn DF turns out to be a demon of some type.