ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1103 "I'M SORRY, FATHER"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Imagine coming up with a multi-layered intricate plan to beat someone only to get bullied and arm cut off
It was multilayered yet Law didn't plan to survive in the end (the plan was to sacrifice himself destroying the smile factory then let Kaido do the rest of the job), so idk what is your point exactly. Law didn't consider himself walking out of it like a champ or anything.

Kizaruber Eats

Life's coin always has two sides; flip it wisely.

I'm unironically gonna have to pull a Kinyagi for a while just before the episode drops and for some time after it does at least lmao. I ain't reliving that Post Traumatic Shanks Disorder all over again, god knows how much Toei is gonna wank Shanks and make Kidd look worse here too.
They were already doing Kidd dirty in Onigashima, except for when he was tanking all those blows from Misery I guess, but that depends on how you look at that too ofc.

I'm unironically gonna have to pull a Kinyagi for a while just before the episode drops and for some time after it does at least lmao. I ain't reliving that Post Traumatic Shanks Disorder all over again, god knows how much Toei is gonna wank Shanks and make Kidd look worse here too.
They were already doing Kidd dirty in Onigashima, except for when he was tanking all those blows from Misery I guess, but that depends on how you look at that too ofc.
I don't know why oda did Kidd dirty TBH. Oda could have written shanks winning of course while respecting Kidd also just like he did with Law against BB.

Kizaruber Eats

Life's coin always has two sides; flip it wisely.
I don't know why oda did Kidd dirty TBH. Oda could have written shanks winning of course while respecting Kidd also just like he did with Law against BB.
Yeah exactly man, I completely agree. That would have been ideal and made far more sense, I dont mind Kidd losing at all especially to the haki god himself and protege of Roger, the Pirate King and Luffys idol if it was handled just like that.

Its completely baffling, especially when Oda said Kidd was meant to be far more important originally and he gave him such sad, interesting backstory in the SBS and also made him have a really good side with his respect and empathy for Killer and thus their complete Captain and First Mate/Vice Captain style trust in and loyalty to one another, that camraderie or so.

I thought Oda was trolling or just downright hated Kidd, that it was personal until he wrote that backstory in the SBS. Atm, I don't know what to think anymore with how Oda feels about Kidd and wants to do with him. That situation with him and Shanks was just so reckless, so dumb, so forced, Kidd should know FAR better at this point after what happened with the RHP before, Kaido and Big Mom, but its like he's learned nothing at all and he forced Shanks to take him down and go all out for no good reason and sacrificed himself, his crew, the ship permanently and his hard earned ponegylph rubbings, sigh.

I'm praying this is gonna lead to some kind of Kidd being humbled once and for all, character development, emotional maturing type arc, I doubt it will be so in-depth nor a drastic change or w/e but losing his ship, his only memento of his beloved childhood friend who was killed and he waged huge war to avenge her and took down all the gangs to do so too and unified his homeland from all the cross gang warfare but idk lol.

Shanks would be the perfect guy to humble Kidd and train him in haki, similarly to how Gildarts humbled Natsu in that amazing scene but Oda handled this so fucking badly, we didn't even see or hear what truly went down with Kidd vs the RHP before and how he lost his arm specifically. It seems to be he lost it to Beckmann but we still don't know how or why Beckmann took his arm. Oda is hiding far too much or just choosing not to let us know anyway for some reason, its frustrating.

How I expected Shanks to be and we get did get tastes of it with Green Bull and Kidd and I can't wait to see Shanks being more like this and truly fearsome, unstoppable wrath that even the Marines, World Government and others speak of:

Gildarts is one of my goats in every series ever and he reminds me of what I love about Shanks too funnily enough, what a coincidence /s. With how gloriously Mashima handled him at Tenrou and such, I'm praying for Oda to do the same with Shanks too when his time FINALLY comes too.

I've suspected Punk Hazard was meant to be Kidd's arc and I thought Kidd might tie into Vegapunk's arc too somehow, maybe both him and Law and thus we could get them at Egghead too but alas....lol. Kidd and Franky have such similarly strong interests too, they could be best buddies under different circumstances and Bonney would get along with them too or Yamato if she actually joined the SHs too like she should have. Since Franky is heavily associated with Vegapunk even before Egghead ofc, this could have really gone full circle too somehow.

I'm hoping and praying Kidd returns at Elbaf, with his crew still intact somehow hopefully. Maybe the Victoria Punk's Klabautermann* will be Victoria herself somehow or represent her and Kidd will see her/it if or hopefully when he returns even I mean.

Funnily enough, given the theme of Kaido and his crew, they fit the punk, rebel aesthetic of Kidd and his crew, he even has Apoo the music/DJ guy ofc and Queen who loves music and raves and such. Since Kaido just let Kidd live and captured him, it would have been great if he took a liking to him, his tenacious, authentic, relentless attitude and "survival of the strongest" type belief and he offered to mentor Kidd if he is willing to work under Kaido, to help him get stronger and they can both plot revenge against the Marines and WG too for example.
I might do a fanfic on this now, I love the idea.

Alternatively, a mentor arc with Shanks and Kidd could be so amazing too, where Shanks actually teaches Kidd how to use haki and master it, like Rayleigh did for Luffy. The Redhead team up lol. Kidd's Red Head Redemption arc. Shanks would be the perfect mentor in many ways for him, but at the same time Kidd suits Kaido and his crew so well too.

Kidd did reject being subservient to Kaido and would be the same to Shanks, especially after his crew took his arm too but I'd like to think Killer and the crew might actually convince him to try it, to listen to Kaido/Shanks and take their offer, for pragmatic reasons/their own benefit regardless. Being smart and thinking of survival in the New World or w/e.

*(Like how Usopp saw the Merry's one at Skypeia and hopefully we'll see Sunny's equivalent at some point.)

Sorry for the essay but you know me lol, I get carried away especially when talking about Kidd ofc lmao. I'm praying somehow Toei will make Kidd vs Shanks better, give it more context/buildup idk, something to make it longer without the further expense of Kidd though ideally.

Law vs BB got multiple chapters but Kidd vs Shanks only got 1 or so? Thanks Oda. The bias is overwhelming lol.

I think Kidd and Law will end up teaming up given their identical circumstances and past history of teaming up too, especially vs Big Mom. I hope Oda doesn't fuck it with them and gives them both some glory in future, especially Kidd too who is DESPERATELY needing it at this point lol.

Yeah exactly man, I completely agree. That would have been ideal and made far more sense, I dont mind Kidd losing at all especially to the haki god himself and protege of Roger, the Pirate King and Luffys idol if it was handled just like that.

Its completely baffling, especially when Oda said Kidd was meant to be far more important originally and he gave him such sad, interesting backstory in the SBS and also made him have a really good side with his respect and empathy for Killer and thus their complete Captain and First Mate/Vice Captain style trust in and loyalty to one another, that camraderie or so.

I thought Oda was trolling or just downright hated Kidd, that it was personal until he wrote that backstory in the SBS. Atm, I don't know what to think anymore with how Oda feels about Kidd and wants to do with him. That situation with him and Shanks was just so reckless, so dumb, so forced, Kidd should know FAR better at this point after what happened with the RHP before, Kaido and Big Mom, but its like he's learned nothing at all and he forced Shanks to take him down and go all out for no good reason and sacrificed himself, his crew, the ship permanently and his hard earned ponegylph rubbings, sigh.

I'm praying this is gonna lead to some kind of Kidd being humbled once and for all, character development, emotional maturing type arc, I doubt it will be so in-depth nor a drastic change or w/e but losing his ship, his only memento of his beloved childhood friend who was killed and he waged huge war to avenge her and took down all the gangs to do so too and unified his homeland from all the cross gang warfare but idk lol.

Shanks would be the perfect guy to humble Kidd and train him in haki, similarly to how Gildarts humbled Natsu in that amazing scene but Oda handled this so fucking badly, we didn't even see or hear what truly went down with Kidd vs the RHP before and how he lost his arm specifically. It seems to be he lost it to Beckmann but we still don't know how or why Beckmann took his arm. Oda is hiding far too much or just choosing not to let us know anyway for some reason, its frustrating.

How I expected Shanks to be and we get did get tastes of it with Green Bull and Kidd and I can't wait to see Shanks being more like this and truly fearsome, unstoppable wrath that even the Marines, World Government and others speak of:

Gildarts is one of my goats in every series ever and he reminds me of what I love about Shanks too funnily enough, what a coincidence /s. With how gloriously Mashima handled him at Tenrou and such, I'm praying for Oda to do the same with Shanks too when his time FINALLY comes too.

I've suspected Punk Hazard was meant to be Kidd's arc and I thought Kidd might tie into Vegapunk's arc too somehow, maybe both him and Law and thus we could get them at Egghead too but alas....lol. Kidd and Franky have such similarly strong interests too, they could be best buddies under different circumstances and Bonney would get along with them too or Yamato if she actually joined the SHs too like she should have. Since Franky is heavily associated with Vegapunk even before Egghead ofc, this could have really gone full circle too somehow.

I'm hoping and praying Kidd returns at Elbaf, with his crew still intact somehow hopefully. Maybe the Victoria Punk's Klabautermann* will be Victoria herself somehow or represent her and Kidd will see her/it if or hopefully when he returns even I mean.

Funnily enough, given the theme of Kaido and his crew, they fit the punk, rebel aesthetic of Kidd and his crew, he even has Apoo the music/DJ guy ofc and Queen who loves music and raves and such. Since Kaido just let Kidd live and captured him, it would have been great if he took a liking to him, his tenacious, authentic, relentless attitude and "survival of the strongest" type belief and he offered to mentor Kidd if he is willing to work under Kaido, to help him get stronger and they can both plot revenge against the Marines and WG too for example.
I might do a fanfic on this now, I love the idea.

Alternatively, a mentor arc with Shanks and Kidd could be so amazing too, where Shanks actually teaches Kidd how to use haki and master it, like Rayleigh did for Luffy. The Redhead team up lol. Kidd's Red Head Redemption arc. Shanks would be the perfect mentor in many ways for him, but at the same time Kidd suits Kaido and his crew so well too.

Kidd did reject being subservient to Kaido and would be the same to Shanks, especially after his crew took his arm too but I'd like to think Killer and the crew might actually convince him to try it, to listen to Kaido/Shanks and take their offer, for pragmatic reasons/their own benefit regardless. Being smart and thinking of survival in the New World or w/e.

*(Like how Usopp saw the Merry's one at Skypeia and hopefully we'll see Sunny's equivalent at some point.)

Sorry for the essay but you know me lol, I get carried away especially when talking about Kidd ofc lmao. I'm praying somehow Toei will make Kidd vs Shanks better, give it more context/buildup idk, something to make it longer without the further expense of Kidd though ideally.

Law vs BB got multiple chapters but Kidd vs Shanks only got 1 or so? Thanks Oda. The bias is overwhelming lol.

I think Kidd and Law will end up teaming up given their identical circumstances and past history of teaming up too, especially vs Big Mom. I hope Oda doesn't fuck it with them and gives them both some glory in future, especially Kidd too who is DESPERATELY needing it at this point lol.
God, you have too much free time on your hand.

Kuma traumatised them at once instead of 2 years of trauma. Law sold his ass to the WG and Kid lost an arm 🤡
But still have same bounty without MC advantages and are top tiers without dedicated training.. Luffy needed training and power ups even after 2 yr time skip l... All he learned was basics in 2 years :kayneshrug: