Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1108 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuzan didn't do anything like that.
They hell you talking about?

Was friends with Saul whom was an ex marine. Was then order to take out Saul's friends with Saul. Was conflicted in doing so. Questioned and was uncertain of if what if he was doing was correct.

Then we have him do the same thing as a blackbeard pirate against garp. Question what he was doing etc etc

In my previous replies I literally made reference to pre ts arcs to prove that it's no different. Sanji's role hasn't changed one bit since then.
I haven't read them.

But anyway...
Where is Mr Prince? Where are the shenanigans he used to pull regularly, like in Alabasta, Skypea, W7, EL ?

Sanji was written far better and had much better role pre TS, compared to now

I believe Vegapunk is gonna be talking about how this World is like a Simulation/Dream
All Living Beings have Haki cuz it's what allows you to Interact with such World

Holograms shown at Start of Arc were Foreshadowing of how this World works
And Haki is like Light Gloves of The World

It's a World made of Haki
And there is No One better than Vegapunk to Announce that this World isn't Fully Scientific

Anyone here that knows physics? I'm wondering if Kizaru should be able to hurt Luffy when grabbing him

Akainu - would burn Luffys hand like Kaido did
Aokiji - would freeze Luffys hand, shatter and regroup

Kizaru - can light do anything? Is he just a bad user that can only shoot lasers from his finger and not his overall body?
Fujitora - seems like he can only use gravity through his sword so I guess nothing in this scenario
Ryukogyu - seems like he can only grow roots through his fingers and not his body

Does the fact that he's laughing spoil his character? No I don't think so, luffy is fine, as a luffy fan I'm happy with how he is, why does luffy laugh when vegapunk is injured? Why doesn't Luffy get serious? Because Oda doesn't want luffy to be serious at that moment, if he wants to create a drama about Vegapunk's death he will do it when the time comes, luffy was fighting the same way before g5, how did luffy fight with kaido after kinemon and the others were seriously injured? He was fighting with fun, I don't remember you objecting.
Him laughing didn’t bother me in the slightest.
The fact that he’s the freaking second coming of a deity, destined to save the world, that is a freaking actual messiah ruined his character.
The fact that eating the Nika Nika was the necessary condition for “being JoyBoy” and NOT his will ruined his character.
When has anyone ever mentioned that they were waiting for Nika (Who's Who doesn't count). But what's with everyone going down on their knees in tears in front of Luffy as if he were the messiah (which unfortunately he has become)?
I fell in love with One Piece, not the Gospel according to Shanks the Red. The story of a charismatic and ambitious pirate who inspires everyone with his spirit and willpower, not through a theological virtue that leads him to be the living embodiment of all that is good and right.
One Piece has a whole Story has been destroyed by that clumsy horribly written last minute revelation.
Pages and pages dedicated to the Christ of the Looney Toones and not a single cartoon for Franky, who spent two years on Vegapunk's Christmas island.
Mugiwara with a flattened personality whose function is reduced to pulling off a gag every now and then. But now they seem more like disciples than companions: side figures whose function is to say once in a while: "believe in your Lord Luffy", so imagine if Oda bothers to dedicate a minimum of space to them.
No character seems to shine with their own light anymore but is now reflexively illuminated only by the light emanating from Nika and defined only by his relationship with him (see Kuma's flashback which is all "Nika here Nika there" or characters who had reason to interact with Vegapunks like Sanji and Franky, who have barely exchanged even half a word with him).
If before Luffy inspired and enthralled it was because he demonstrated great individual qualities, it was in HIM that the characters had confidence while now being the God of the sun seems to be an attribute that has been stuck on him to ensure that he inspires in anyone immediate veneration regardless of his individual qualities.
Maybe I'm exaggerating but it seems to me that One Piece has taken a prophetic/religious drift that has completely distorted it, and Nika is the incarnation of it.
This is no longer the One Piece that made me emotional, what a shame to see a story I was so passionate about reduced to this state, demolished piece by piece.
And this comes from someone who, during past arcs like Whole Cake and Dressrosa, defended to the hilt most of the controversial choices Oda made while most of the fandom was heavily criticising him for them… but Nika? No, fuck that Shit and this Shit show this story has become.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Listen, Vegapank is talking that he need to protect something on this island but he is dying or close to dead
Sanji is only person is with him right now, to do something about that
To do what?
Retrieval or babysit duty?
wow, exciting.
Maybe another scene where he clutch saves someone again.
Wow.
Haven't seen that in a while, right?
:few: Nah fam, the opportunity to show something was here and now.
He decided to have a chat with Vegapunk while being attacked by a Gorosei and an Admiral. While the Freakazoid wannabe watched him get kicked and vegafraud stabbed.

They hell you talking about?

Was friends with Saul whom was an ex marine. Was then order to take out Saul's friends with Saul. Was conflicted in doing so. Questioned and was uncertain of if what if he was doing was correct.

Then we have him do the same thing as a blackbeard pirate against garp. Question what he was doing etc etc
He was bot conflicted with anything. He left Robin alive out of consideration for Saul. He again came back to capture her.
He even told that after he left marine he seeing things in a different light. He, who was not interested in fleet admiral position, fought with Akainu.
Now, he is fighting on behalf of Blackbeard to the extent that he defeated even his own mentor.
What is unclear in all these actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.