Who did More to capture Garp?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that could work but I think Kuzan will be his fight personally, although Pizarro might get used as a hype too for Koby again unless Smoker is involved as he should be and fights Kuzan. Although I can't see Koby beating Kuzan for a damn long time in story lol. Even Pizarro should be a high diff fight at least, especially with such a potentially amazing DF now too imo.
Kuzans too much for Coby still. Unless Oda wants Coby to undergo one of the most insane growth spurts ever, beating a character currently >= Luffy when Luffy beats BB is an insane jump for him.

Kizaruber Eats

Tired of it all.
theres a cloud full of drama surrounding that crew
:crybeard:
Yeah they are definitely gonna go the same way as the Rocks Pirates, for better and for worse. But the original half of the BBP seem far more loyal and respected than the newer half naturally, although Teach really loves Kuzan by the looks of it lmao. Maybe Kuzan really is his brother secretly or definitely is his brother now by choice, kinda like Whitebeard and Oden?

No, not all buffs are made equal. Kizaru already being so viable in battle, I'm gonna assume Kuzan's awakening will raise his level much higher than Kizaru's awakening would raise his lvl.

And it makes sense too, if Kuzan's temperatures started actually affecting top tiers from a range, his awakening would make him ridiculous. Rn the issue is attacks like flash freeze, ice ball, and even partisans are coming off as useless against top tiers. Ice glove is cool, but yea it doesn't have any shot against Kizaru. If these kinds of attacks start working on top tiers like they do against high tiers....yea Kuzan is arguably more busted than Kizaru....and this is something his awakening can potentially do for him. Kuzan is the AOE king.
Just wait till the ice blizzard that restricts Kizaru's movement and forces him into close combat. You're getting cooked.

I’m not gonna lie, I actually like this Shanks Bartolommeo situation. Probably the only thing I’ve liked in this manga since Garp vs Kuzan, 40 chapter ago.

reminds me of chapter 1 shanks having Lucky Roo just kill some random scrub bandit instead of just knocking everyone out with CoC… This man likes Murder as much as the next pirate… He’s not Luffy… Luffy is the one that Oda has to make up nonsense that “luffy destroys people’s dreams, so he doesn’t have to kill anyone”

But then again, Luffy is the main character and Shanks isn’t.

Anyway it’s new characterization of sorts that we learn Shanks even enjoys psychological torture and beating up weaklings who are running away. Alway good to get characterization. Especially when it affects the plot somewhat.

Maybe that’s why the only thing I liked about egghead was Garp vs Kuzan. That’s the only meaningful characterization that mattered in the ENTIRE ARC, even the overly depressing Kuma backstory that gives Kuma all this characterization doesn’t matter since he doesn’t have this characterization in the present day. He’s just a robot now so none of it matters outside “must protect Bonney”

But yeah, good job Oda. Two good chapters in the last 40 chapters is a record considering Wano was nonsense for like 70 chapters straight

Last edited:

Kizaruber Eats

Tired of it all.
Kuzans too much for Coby still. Unless Oda wants Coby to undergo one of the most insane growth spurts ever, beating a character currently >= Luffy when Luffy beats BB is an insane jump for him.
Yeah thats exactly what I fear too, even as a Koby fan myself, this would be far too extreme of a jump and matchup but not unheard of with Oda and Shonen series sadly.

Koby vs Pizarro still makes far more sense ofc.

Coby's growth is already insane.
He better be a clone of Xebec or some other shit or else he blows Luffy D Nika out of the water with that growth and for being a regular nobody

Kizaruber Eats

Tired of it all.
Anyway it’s new characterization of sorts that we learn Shanks even enjoys psychological torture and beating up weaklings who are running away. Alway good to get characterization. Especially when it affects the plot somewhat.
Those Celestial Dragon istincts kicking in full time.

I wouldnt be surprised if Roge did the same given he slaughtered 1 or 2 crews for laughing at his own. No wonder Roger defended the Celestials too.

I guess it can be chalked up to "pirate behaviour" and pirates are immoral and follow their own code/rules that they might share some overlap with other pirates ofc but I rather would have seen Shanks doing more of stuff like this much earlier on than being such a godamn hero at the end of Wano and at Marineford too and trying to save Ace from going on a suicide mission too.

Yeah thats exactly what I fear too, even as a Koby fan myself, this would be far too extreme of a jump and matchup but not unheard of with Oda and Shonen series sadly.

Koby vs Pizarro still makes far more sense ofc.
Yeah Koby vs Pizarro the Corrupt King who guards the slaves vs the Hero perfectly fitting for both characters without an excessive power leap

Status
Not open for further replies.