Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Chapter is great.

Jozu and Marco blushing are cute.
Neko and Inu conversation always worth to wait.

The granny seems like having much knowledge of the underworld, he knows how to do dirty business.

Now, we need to know how this granny touch Oden face, since he can change his face to Oden. And who the heck is the other two faces? Looks like the granny face is not his real face tbh.

Roger's squad is here. HYPEEEE!!!!!!
The young lady that the hag transforms into looks a LOT like a young Shinobu. Wonder if that means anything.

10/10 chapter. Apart from Roger’s weird clown nose

I like seeing the difference between Whitebeard and Roger- which could well be the reason Oden leaves. Whitebeard runs from the Navy, Roger destroys them and actively wants to fight them.

Momonosuke currently the World’s Greatest Disappointment with a name like that compared to what his dad got up to as a kid

Another fantastic disgusted Oden face for his hatred of leadership. Kid Blackbeard’s an interesting one- we know he’s had a shit upbringing cause he’s always crying as a kid, but the town he joined from looks quite prosperous. Also this news about him having two young sisters Ace met is very interesting considering how young he is this chapter as an apparent orphan. Something not adding up here

Ushimaru could easily be related to Zoro with the way he looks... and just as easily not be. Get the feeling Oda’s trolling a bit with this one. I’m guessing the reason the Shimotsuki’s have two daimyo’s is that they took Hakumai from the Kurozumi’s.

Old woman’s probably Orochi’s grandmother, and I’m guessing used her fruit to make Oden and the Red Scabbards so detestable in the present day- like Mr 2 did with Cobra. Very interesting that she’s seemingly met Shiki as it’s adding a potential Rocks link for Kaido and Orochi to eventually team up

Is that the Ruskaini animals? Marco getting told wants to do by Fossa makes me doubt he’s a Division Commander at such a young age. I’d say the other four are Rakuyo, Fossa, Blenheim and Whitey if she’s still with the crew. Or maybe Whitebeard was the division one commander until the crew got bigger and Marco became strong enough to be his right hand man.

That Roger Pirate double spread is obviously badass as hell, one of the best we’ve had in the series given how long we’ve been waiting for them. Hope to fuck we get a few pages of a clash between the two crews next chapter. Hell, we could see the first meeting between Shanks and Blackbeard. Who is an absolutely savage hatrack of a kid, squatting on a dead marines back while eating chocolate

Can’t wait for next week

Last edited:
The chapter was amazing!!
WB pirates and Oden's adventure was great....Loved the little love story between Oden and Toki.... Inu, Neko, young Marko, Jozu were cute xD

Orochi's story is intriguing...Loving this flashback a lot!! I wonder if the grandma is WG agent trying to manipulate Orochi so that WG can gain all important Wano territory through Orochi....

Also wonder if Oden came back to Wano to reclaim it from WG....the backstory is really good. I'm enjoying every bit of it

I

Inspector_Mu

Just noticed that the use of Poison was being mentioned by that granny, maybe that gave Orochi some motivation for a certain future event.:myman:

Seriously, it's looking all the more like this flashback won't end well for Kaido's portrayal.
:suresure:
Like Kaido even told Orochu to poison Oden

It is like saying WB is looking bad coz Roger was already sick.

That only works if Oden while posipmed was beating or ended up 2 shotting Kaido as dying WB did to Akainu.

I forgot this is even 20 years younger Kaido that fought Oden.

:suresure: ENJOY
Post automatically merged:

prob oden fights rayleigh. Dont know if I would say stomp but I dont see oden fairing better than rayleigh.

so much for admiral kitsune fake news.
Lol you think Rayleigh will look better than Oden ? Keep dreaming

:suresure:
Like Kaido even told Orochu to poison Oden

It is like saying WB is looking bad coz Roger was already sick.

That only works if Oden while posipmed was beating or ended up 2 shotting Kaido as dying WB did to Akainu.

I forgot this is even 20 years younger Kaido that fought Oden.

:suresure: ENJOY

Lol you think Rayleigh will look better than Oden ? Keep dreaming
Relax dude, nobody was ever saying that Kaido's was on his knees, begging Orochi to use poison or so he can't defeat Oden.

Oda is not going to de-hype Oden by making him a lose a 1v1. It's already confirmed in chapter 818 that Oden stayed back and gave his life so that the other's can escape.

There's far more reason for me to claim that Oden was taken down via poison then a straight 1v1.

Oh and what about Admiral Kitsune?

Who was the guy yesterday that started to spread that BS?

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
This flashback imo is really putting to bed the two major notions that have been passed off as fact for over decades in this community.

1."PK level" being some special tier above top tier as it pertains to individual strength
2.Old gen top tiers being on some higher pedestal compared to current gen top tiers

A Prime WB can still feel threatened by a man like Oden (who I have no reason to believe is on a level above the current gen top tiers), he wasn't immune to this. Top tiers remain closely knit even from that era, Garp, Sengoku doesn't matter who it is, they could give even the PK a hell of a fight. Roger was well into his prime here implied by him running out of time. Sengoku was tossed in this group for the first time really, he is implied as a legit threat to a Prime Roger (backed by Roger's respect for him). This really serves to bring Garp, as well as WB and Roger, back down to Earth with Oda grouping them with the rest (Sengoku an Admiral representing the likes of Shiki and so on so forth).

Doesn't make sense why the top tiers of the Great Pirate Era (Era after Roger's death) would be weaker in the first place, as the competition would only have grown stronger, giving birth to stronger individuals. Now I'm not saying there are stronger individuals at the very top (Above Roger or WB), but the Old Gen isn't on some untouchable level, any top tier from this era would still be a threat to anyone.

Just like cases in real life, history tends to romanticize the past greats into some untouchable immortal status, that is exactly what occurred here both in verse, and in the OP community. Now that we're seeing these legends first hand, turns out they're human. Not surprised one bit tbh, it was bound to happen imo.

To illustrate what I'm saying: No...Prime Garp is not some demi god who would manhandle the likes of Akainu just because he could give Roger a good battle. That would not be uncharted territory for the Akainu's of this verse to pull off either. I thought Garp was already brought down to Earth when he was shown having a power struggle in a clash against the likes of a 500 mil Bounty Chinjao, but instead the scene's narrative just got controlled to feed the preconceived biases of Old Gen power placement (similar thing happened when Oden clashed with WB, instead of simple credit being given to Oden, excuses were being made as to why WB's strength well into his 40's, wasn't close to his prime).

Roger and WB are simply the strongest individuals above tightly packed competition. That's the vibe I'm getting from the story lately, and that's the direction I feel Oda is going with.

Status
Not open for further replies.