Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 969: The Idiot Lord

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She seems to have instigated this ambition, but Orochi’s intelligence was highlighted recently with the attack on the bridges and Thousand Sunny. He seems to be the driving force at this stage, making full use of his allies abilities.
He definitely is a great villain.

If someone is as despicable as him, that you really want to see him getting utterly wrecked as a reader ... that means Oda has done everything right with him.

Just feel bad for all the people in Wano and especially Oden and his family and subordinates.

Bogard

You can't win
Either Oda switch again to the current timeline and show it later parallel to the Raid of the alliance or he show us in the next week insane chapters with Oden attacking Kaido(he hyped up himself with the last panel).
What is your though: @dirtyLarry , @Buusatan94 , @Bogard , @Sentinel

This panel looks so good and also hype up a epic encounter with Oden and his retainer vs Kaido and the beast pirates:

:steef::steef:
Something in me want to see Oda continue the amazing flashback and show us Oden greatness for next week..
Could depend on if Oda would want to hide Kaido's abilities or not. If he does, he might switch for a period of time when Luffy will fight Kaido, with him creating a parallel between Luffy and Oden while facing Kaido in his hybrid form or something. Could also help in reserving the emotional drawback of Oden's death for later

Considering as well that this flashback started this way in the first place, with the retainers preparing themselves for the raid in Onigashima, it could indeed be likely that Oda would make a switch back as a parallel while showing the end result later in some kind of emotional conflict

On the other hand tho if Oda isn't willing to hide Kaido's abilities now, we might see through the end of this flashback to further give a emotional boost in the retainers attempting to reach Onigashima and accomplishing their mission from Oden's death and dream of opening Wano borders again

Great question indeed!

I would put my money on Oda finishing the flashback, but there is also a legitimate chance he saves the big twist (What did Orochi actually promise Oden?) and fight between the retainers and Kaido/Orochi for later at an even more dramatic point of the current storyline.
I think it's gonna be a flashback either way, no?

Even if we go back to the current timeline we need to see what the heck Orochi and Co pulled and what happened to the SH, IIRC.

You know shit going down when Oda himself hype up the event about Oden vs Kaido in exaggerated dimensions!!!
:steef::steef:
Oden fans,Grandtemple boys and also all swordmen loves, if Oda don´t cut and show us Oden raid in the next chapter, prepare for Top Tier swordmen feats:finally:
Yeah bro, Oda about to show some swordsman greatness next chap holy shit.
He better show us the fight now and not switch to the war.
I wanna see some kaido vs Oden greatness :finally:

Bogard

You can't win
Now that i read the chapter better, i realized that Oden gave 5 freaking years to Kaido to increase his influencial power while on the other hand losing support from the populace, with only his retainers remaining by his side. After not accepting help from outsiders(Rayleigh offered his help), this might have been his next stupid decision that ultimately cost him his life :pepeke:

There is still something we don't know. Why did Oden wait such a long time to strike back?

Well, it was still a really enjoyable chapter and I love this flashback. Next Chapter Oden and his retainers are going to beat Kaido :steef:
My guess ( and possible the only reason to don't think Oden was dumb) is that he needed to build an army so he waited.

But if to made up his mind 5 years were required damm

Status
Not open for further replies.