Break Week One Piece - Chapter 970: Oden vs Kaido [BREAK WEEK]

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jo_Ndule

Does anyone remember this? Any guesses as to why Kinemon said 100 men :D

It was due to the war vs Kaido army (1000 men)
Ashura deniiro kawa could only handle 100 men not more.

Currently they are much stronger tho
Post automatically merged:

Come to think of it

Are Beast Pirates that kind that they captured Oden and his scabbards at the cell, only to give them medical treatment and bandages as if they're in hospital?

Yet they also want to execute them within 3 days :rolleyes:
Lol Kaido wanted to kill BM yet gave her food

Same thing every chapter.
It's weird that people on this site only know how to look at stories through the lens of "hype".
Are you surprised? The majority of the people here are from OJ. That’s all OJ was at the end. People expecting everything to go their way and shitting on Oda, the story, and people who enjoy it when they didn’t.

So the promise of Kaido-Orochi was to not hurt anyone.....in exchange to Oden making a joke of himself (obviously reduce Wano army).

Ummm Kaido saying he was naive as WB/Roger .....we must be ready for some tricky shit during the war.

T

The Penguin

Still nothing about Kyoshiro (who appeared 20 years before the current plot line) or the other Calamity that is not Jack...

Only sword-swag.

Interesting that in the official translation Oden is once again putting emphasis on Kaidou's dragon scales. They definitely do seem to be main reason for his durability, and Oden cut through that shit.

Zoro's the next one to cut it
:zosleepy:
Yeah I figured they were or at least that's an obvious thought when you think of a dragon. We know Zoro is the chosen one to finish the job, no matter how tough the obstacle hehe.

M

MD Zolo

I am quite pleased with this chapter. Not sure why people are not satisfied with it. Delusional Kaido fans can't accept that Oden was an formidable enemy for Kaido. But he was.

Underhanded tricks, spies, 100:1 power ratio, yet the eleven samurai came close to overthrowing Kaido/Orochi.

The ultimate truth is this: Kaido is strong. But he is not invincible. And KAIDO IS NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS WB AND ROGER.

Of course, we Admiral fans must exercise caution. Kaido will get some moments of glory now. So, we can't make premature statements. However, I feel safe in saying that KAIDO IS NOT, WAS NOT, AND WILL NOT BE THE STRONGEST ANTAGONIST IN OP.

I am not sure who the traitor is. But Shinobu doesn't feel like a traitor to me. It could be one of the time-traveling scabbards. So, either KIKU or KANJURO is my likely suspects.

A

ardym

it seems Kaido himself has a spy according the Viz translation, and i think Kinemon and Ashura were the strongest of the 9 red scabbard then they was shown that they the only ones standing as Oden went down. so if Sanji and Zoro get help against King and Queen these two will be the ones who help them.

Last edited by a moderator:
if Kaido has a spy, who on earth could it be when all the scabbards are in prison?

also, I think this chapter confirms that Enma isn't simply a yonko cutting sword and that you cannot hurt a yonko merely by wielding it. Oden was obviously a strong pirate and Zoro won't be able to replicate Oden's feat easily. I think Zoro will need to use his strongest moves in order to cut kaido, im think ISDS or maybe even asura

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Shinobu appears to be viewed as a framed red herring. That, or Oden pretended not to know her in order to save her from execution. He recognized her during the battle. He didn't seem to want her involved in it. The responsibility was with him and his sworn vassals. This could go to explain Shinobu's unyielding loyalty to the Kozuki family, and disqualify her as the traitor.

Also, Yasuie is awesome. He's very composed and clear headed. It's no wonder he took a shine to Zoro and vice versa. They're kindred spirits, to say the least.

Now you know how luffy and company will take down kaido 20 years ago 10 samurai almost won, but they did not have the support of the people now in our time things are a bit different.
Oden was crazy strong that's for sure

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Now you know how luffy and company will take down kaido 20 years ago 10 samurai almost won, but they did not have the support of the people now in our time things are a bit different.
Oden was crazy strong that's for sure
4000 - 30,000 are better odds than 10-1000. Plus, Orochi's men are slowly losing faith in him. They could turn coat at any moment, and Luffy has backup in the form of 5000 pirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.