Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 972: I’m Oden and I was Born to Boil

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Homelander

Its funny people didnt read from chapter 1 , Fate and destiny has always been part of One piece .

Blackbeard , Shanks have already talked about it .

Whitbeard has said to blackbeard he was not the person roger was waiting for . It had the hints of someone taking D's will or mantle of burden of the past .

When OPtards used to make fun of other mangas for "flashback within flashback" and "Chosen One" tropes, then last week and this week's chapter happened :cry:

"When that individual appears traversing through 800 years of time, we must be a country that can welcome and support him"
Messiah D. Luffy incoming!!

B-but Naruto was bad because he was chosen by Kyuubi :cry:
People don't hate naruto because he was the chosen one people hate him because it came out of nowhere and naruto used to ramble about hard work and being born weak yet overcoming more talented ninjas by training more than them but in the end it didn't matter he was chosen to be a great ninja and a savior

If anyone is surprised that Fate and Destiny play a huge part in OP after all the clues and foreshadowing in the story then he lack reading comprehension simple as that

As Immortan Joe finished the Allfather, the citizens realized that their holy crusade of idiocy have created a monster and they realized it just too damn late

This panels are the one I like the most thou

To me...This is somehow kinda like a death flag for Kaido as well, idk, good to know that Kaido doesn't like his fight to be interrupted and thanks to that, Bon Clay can get the mane mane fruit

I wonder what kind of shit did Oden see in his journey thou that made him believe novone in this current time would be able to defeat Kaido, I mean not even Whitebeard/Linlin/Garp/Sengoku/Rayleigh/Gaban??
Also most interesting is that Oden said the one that will be able to defeat Kaido are the protagonists of the upcoming great war
Not just 1, but several people
Could he be referring to the Worst Generations members? Or just a Pirate Crew/ Grand fleet? Or Several Crew/Grand Fleets combined? Or the Marines?

Also, does Orochi have a child/heir?

Yep Luffy could leave the fate as well. It was purely the choice he has taken the destiny chose him . All those events connects with the choice he made and left ?

I would say it has to do with D clan or something . The transgression or will of D is born every few years but it was waiting for someone to hold the mantle .

Roger had everything but he was too early to change the destiny did not choose him because poisedeon was not born .
Roger was killed by fate, that is why he had the illlness.

Luffy on other hand was born a king. Mihawks has mentioned Luffy has the most dangerous power on the sea. That is kingly power right there.

We see Oden's death in this chapter. He can hold an hour in the cauldron, winning the challenge but it was an intuitive thing given the level of the character.

Shinobu tries to tell the people about the truth about Oden, but is interrupted and blocked by the ninja chief Fukujuro. I don't understand why the latter didn't have her captured and killed.

Oden, from the pot, makes a whole speech about Wa's future opening, etc.
Once the challenge was overcome, as could be expected, Orochi and Kaido do not respect the pacts and make their men's rifles point at the Nine.
Oden throws his companions into the air, and they take advantage of it to escape while they are chased.

After Oden's death, a flashback of Oden is seen discussing with Toki and talking to him about the impending battle that would take place in twenty years, which should be Onigashima.
Then says Oden: "If I am not able to defeat Kaido, then none of our time will be!"
This for me is the most false sentence of the whole saga.
At the time, in fact, there were many people, however, who had the ability to beat Kaido: Whitebeard, Garp, Sengoku, Kong, Rayleigh, Gaban and Big Mom.
It is also the journey through time twenty years later, it becomes completely senseless after seeing this flashback.
In your opinion, was it easier to defeat Kaido twenty years ago or now ?!
Of course, now both he and his army have become abysmally stronger.
Therefore, it made much more sense for samurai to go into the future for only a year. They would have had a lot more chance with Kaido than 19 years ago. Then, this thing that, in OP, without Luffy nothing can be done, really broke the so-called.

The flashback is understood to be over.
So, we don't get to know how Whitebeard reacted to know about Oden's death and we don't see Dog-storm and Cat-viper how they managed to leave the country, and why they started fighting. I think we will see both explained later.
A further inconsistency on the two minks. In Zou, they had been introduced to us as ex-members of the White and Roger crews. Capone himself, when faced with one of the two, whitened and ran away.
At the time, things seemed to square, given that we still didn't know anything about their life, nor their age.
In fact, they looked like old and legendary pirates a bit like Rayleigh, who had retired. In addition, it seemed that they had been doing particular businesses for many years. If we had known they were 60-70 years old, there would have been no inconsistency.
Unfortunately, then, we discovered that they were 40 years old and that their pirate career had started 30 years ago, when they were about ten years old. In practice, they were children and had to be considered a little more than just hubs.
The point is that, if the two were young boys during their pirate period, then, always in this period, it is impossible that they had accomplished legendary exploits or that they had defeated particularly strong people.
In this case, Capone should not have been afraid of the two, since the two were of nobody. The only thing that could explain Capone's fear is the fact that they have done something very important during these twenty years.
Oda, in this case, is still in time to parry the dethane with a flashback.

Rating: 6/10

H

Homelander

I would say oda has hinted oden was always in debt . He gave away money and put himself in hunger .

I can understand the pain denjiro had dealing with kuri 's finance haha .
Post automatically merged:

We see Oden's death in this chapter. He can hold an hour in the cauldron, winning the challenge but it was an intuitive thing given the level of the character.

Shinobu tries to tell the people about the truth about Oden, but is interrupted and blocked by the ninja chief Fukujuro. I don't understand why the latter didn't have her captured and killed.

Oden, from the pot, makes a whole speech about Wa's future opening, etc.
Once the challenge was overcome, as could be expected, Orochi and Kaido do not respect the pacts and make their men's rifles point at the Nine.
Oden throws his companions into the air, and they take advantage of it to escape while they are chased.

After Oden's death, a flashback of Oden is seen discussing with Toki and talking to him about the impending battle that would take place in twenty years, which should be Onigashima.
Then says Oden: "If I am not able to defeat Kaido, then none of our time will be!"
This for me is the most false sentence of the whole saga.
At the time, in fact, there were many people, however, who had the ability to beat Kaido: Whitebeard, Garp, Sengoku, Kong, Rayleigh, Gaban and Big Mom.
It is also the journey through time twenty years later, it becomes completely senseless after seeing this flashback.
In your opinion, was it easier to defeat Kaido twenty years ago or now ?!
Of course, now both he and his army have become abysmally stronger.
Therefore, it made much more sense for samurai to go into the future for only a year. They would have had a lot more chance with Kaido than 19 years ago. Then, this thing that, in OP, without Luffy nothing can be done, really broke the so-called.

The flashback is understood to be over.
So, we don't get to know how Whitebeard reacted to know about Oden's death and we don't see Dog-storm and Cat-viper how they managed to leave the country, and why they started fighting. I think we will see both explained later.
A further inconsistency on the two minks. In Zou, they had been introduced to us as ex-members of the White and Roger crews. Capone himself, when faced with one of the two, whitened and ran away.
At the time, things seemed to square, given that we still didn't know anything about their life, nor their age.
In fact, they looked like old and legendary pirates a bit like Rayleigh, who had retired. In addition, it seemed that they had been doing particular businesses for many years. If we had known they were 60-70 years old, there would have been no inconsistency.
Unfortunately, then, we discovered that they were 40 years old and that their pirate career had started 30 years ago, when they were about ten years old. In practice, they were children and had to be considered a little more than just hubs.
The point is that, if the two were young boys during their pirate period, then, always in this period, it is impossible that they had accomplished legendary exploits or that they had defeated particularly strong people.
In this case, Capone should not have been afraid of the two, since the two were of nobody. The only thing that could explain Capone's fear is the fact that they have done something very important during these twenty years.
Oda, in this case, is still in time to parry the dethane with a flashback.

eg: 6/10
Translation is bit wanky i think oden referred to people of wano not defeating kaido . So someone 20 years later will come to wano and save them i would say he knew from shirley's proplecy there would be great war 20 years ahead and wano will be involved .

- I would say Neko and Inu have bounties back then they were in WB pirates So capone took note of it.

- 19 years ago makes no sense because oden already said 20 years ahead someone will appear on wano . So heleft it upto scabbards and toki to make time leap ahead to help luffy .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.