Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 972: I’m Oden and I was Born to Boil

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitbeard has said to blackbeard he was not the person roger was waiting for ..
I no longer see it as 'you're not the one roger is waiting for'

it's joyboy who is the one that's waiting

this flashback has given us a few more pieces of the void century puzzle and I think joyboy didn't fulfill his promise or desires back then (the promise with the fishmen and poseidon, and whatever else he wanted to do) for whatever reason and so he has the poneglyphs created as not just a map but like a set of instructions (last will and testament) to guide someone to laughtale and to help fulfil his wishes

I don't know what he left at laughtale but roger reached the place and due to his disease couldn't accomplish whatever it is joyboy wants so roger purposely hands himself in to the marines and sparks the golden age of piracy in the hope that out of all those that go out to sea someone will reach laughtale and be able to use whatever it is that joyboy left to achieve joyboys wishes

I don't think luffy is joyboy's reincarnation, maybe a descendent since I think joyboy is a D but luffy isn't joyboys rebirth in a new body

nor do I think that luffy specifically is the chosen one, whenever this new sovereign is mentioned by the seakings or as oden mentions this person will arrive it's always vague as to who it is, obviously we know it's luffy but the characters in the story don't know the exact place they'll be born or gender, joyboy and roger are likely believeing it'll be another D who is the one

anyway that's how I see it currently with all the pieces we've been given so far and as the story progresses we'll get more of the bigger picture

I just don't think it's the same as narutos 'chosen one/boy of prophecy' and 'asura reincarnation' plots

The fan boying is too strong, lol
Luffy, kidd and law are going to fight kaido
Zoro and whoever vs king
Sanji and whoever vs queen
Whoever vs jack....
The swordboys need to stop pushing things to fit their head canon
Kidd and Law fighting Kaido is headcannon as well. Zoro at least has foreshadowing. And Zoro won't fight against swordsman with help. Whether it's only him vs King or he won't fight King at all.

Cool to se that the idea to send Momo and the Scabbards to the future have come from Oden himself based on what he had discovered with Roger Pirates.

Btw, how could you guys really think that Oda will make Zoro, and not Luffy, defeat the final boss? I like Zoro to, but this makes no sense at all. Much more likebly that he will fight the righthand man of Kaido (King) and after helps Hiyori and Momo to finish Orochi after the Scabbards have avenged theirs master cutting the Yamata no Orochi heads

Cool to se that the idea to send Momo and the Scabbards to the future have come from Oden himself based on what he had discovered with Roger Pirates.

Btw, how could you guys really think that Oda will make Zoro, and not Luffy, defeat the final boss? I like Zoro to, but this makes no sense at all. Much more likebly that he will fight the righthand man of Kaido (King) and after helps Hiyori and Momo to finish Orochi after the Scabbards have avenged theirs master cutting the Yamata no Orochi heads
Zoro can just fatally cut Kaido to help Luffy. And why should Zoro help finish ALREADY beaten Orochi?

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme

Zoro is the only crew member to have beaten the main boss of their introductory arc :smithnie:

yj

👑YNWA 👑
The fan boying is too strong, lol
Luffy, kidd and law are going to fight kaido
Zoro and whoever vs king
Sanji and whoever vs queen
Whoever vs jack....
The swordboys need to stop pushing things to fit their head canon
lol sounds like ur insecure. enma will be used on kaido. The latest chapter confirmed Zoro will play a role in defeating kaido. Go cry about it.

So Kaido found a way to bypass the barrier, or his AP was able to break the barrier?
CoC haki can bypass the barrier and knock the old guy out and also yhat advanced Armament that passengers w through things can also just blow up the old guy from behind the barrier.

Also you can just SPEEDBLITZ him before he makes the barrier or you can wait it out for days until he dies of starvation from behind the barrier. Or you can make step the barrier is fully closed off so that the oxygen inside can run out. Or you can blast it with fire breath and heat up everything inside and cook the old man from the inside

There's VERY MANY ways of dealing with this people who have the barrier fruit even if you can't actually break the barrier because it's indestructible.

People don't realise how dumb it was that Oden was immediately stopped by that his barrier when he attacked orochi and everyone started overhyping this abilty like as if you can't beat the user of the ability nonetheless

Kidd and Law fighting Kaido is headcannon as well. Zoro at least has foreshadowing. And Zoro won't fight against swordsman with help. Whether it's only him vs King or he won't fight King at all.

Kid and law was also foreshadowed in sabody, and btw law started all this, kidd has a personal beef with kaido(fore low diffing his crew)....it's so crazy how ya'll conclude that they're not gonna be the one to fight kaido😂😂

You guys expect the captains of their respected ships to fight the king and queen while zoro fight kaido???....please be logical fir ones

I love how almost everyone who says that Zoro won't cut Kaido are the same ones who says that Lyoshiro and Orochi are Zoro's main battles.
Post automatically merged:

Kid and law was also foreshadowed in sabody, and btw law started all this, kidd has a personal beef with kaido(fore low diffing his crew)....it's so crazy how ya'll conclude that they're not gonna be the one to fight kaido😂😂

You guys expect the captains of their respected ships to fight the king and queen while zoro fight kaido???....please be logical fir ones
I want YOU to be logical for once. I didn't say that Law and Kidd won't be battling Kaido with Luffy, bit given Zoro foreshadowing with Enma and Ryuma, saying that he won't at least cut Kaido is as stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.