Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 972: I’m Oden and I was Born to Boil

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Worst

Custom title
I love how almost everyone who says that Zoro won't cut Kaido are the same ones who says that Lyoshiro and Orochi are Zoro's main battles.
Post automatically merged:

I want you to be logical for once. I didn't say that Law and Kidd won't be battling Kaido with Luffy, bit given Zoro foreshadowing with Enma and Ryuma, saying that he won't at least cut Kaido is as stupid.
If Zoro doesn't fight AT LEAST Kyoshiro & King or King & Someone else he should just forget even going close to Kaido maybe from your point of view is logical that Zoro will cut Kaido cuz he got Enma Kaido is a dragon bla bla bla but from others point of view is logical that Only Luffy worked his ass off to improve in the NW and he improved a lot and he had all that screen time cuz he have to go through a giant Wall which are Yonkos (In this case Kaido) while other SH (Zoro too) didn't pushed their limits so from my point of view it's not logical for Zoro to cut Kaido he should have an hell of a time vs King and he got Enma cuz without that King would kill him Enma is just a tool Zoro got to compensate the screen time he didn't had in the NW (so the Raid Suit with Sanji) like yeah they didn't fought many battles like Luffy but with these toys now they can approach YCs

Kid and law was also foreshadowed in sabody, and btw law started all this, kidd has a personal beef with kaido(fore low diffing his crew)....it's so crazy how ya'll conclude that they're not gonna be the one to fight kaido😂😂

You guys expect the captains of their respected ships to fight the king and queen while zoro fight kaido???....please be logical fir ones
Can we agree they are all foreshadowed to fight Kaido then?

Luffy is training specifically for that, Zoro got Enma, Law made a plan to fight Kaido already (which was a lie of course but whatever) and Kid has a grudge (even though he later decided on gathering his crew and leaving Wano)

They are all foreshadowed so they all have a chance to fight kaido.

Theres a reason why no one expects like Sanji or Chopper to fight kaido. You can barely make arguments for them. For now we shall leave it at they are foreshadowed and until they do or don't, it will just be foreshadowing

I love how almost everyone who says that Zoro won't cut Kaido are the same ones who says that Lyoshiro and Orochi are Zoro's main battles.
Post automatically merged:

I want YOU to be logical for once. I didn't say that Law and Kidd won't be battling Kaido with Luffy, bit given Zoro foreshadowing with Enma and Ryuma, saying that he won't at least cut Kaido is as stupid.
I actually hope they will join the fight and see what they will pull off against Hybrid Kaido.

Kidd might be sent to the next arc with a year of anticipation the very moment that freak catches him.

If Zoro doesn't fight AT LEAST Kyoshiro & King or King & Someone else he should just forget even going close to Kaido maybe from your point of view is logical that Zoro will cut Kaido cuz he got Enma Kaido is a dragon bla bla bla but from others point of view is logical that Only Luffy worked his ass off to improve in the NW and he improved a lot and he had all that screen time cuz he had to go through a giant Wall which are Yonkos (In this case Kaido) while other SH (Zoro too) didn't pushed their limits so from my point of view it's not logical for Zoro to cut Kaido he should have an hell of a time vs King and he got Enma cuz without that King would kill him Enma is just a tool Zoro got to compensate the screen time he didn't had in the NW (so the Raid Suit with Sanji) like yeah they didn't fought many battles like Luffy but with these toys now they can approach YCs
My eyes:pepehands:, put some commas and points, please.

My post says that not Kyoshiro, nor Orochi are Zoro's main battles (they may be not even his battles at all). His main battle vs King, and then cutting Kaido. This is it.

Can we agree they are all foreshadowed to fight Kaido then?

Luffy is training specifically for that, Zoro got Enma, Law made a plan to fight Kaido already (which was a lie of course but whatever) and Kid has a grudge (even though he later decided on gathering his crew and leaving Wano)

They are all foreshadowed so they all have a chance to fight kaido.

Theres a reason why no one expects like Sanji or Chopper to fight kaido. You can barely make arguments for them. For now we shall leave it at they are foreshadowed and until they do or don't, it will just be foreshadowing

I can agree with that
But zoro main fight is king tho

Good chapter. Was Oden’s best performance yet, and did the most to elevate his character. He was clearly talking about Luffy being the person they were waiting for. His final words were well done, and I thought telling Kaido to get stronger was an interesting touch, probably him expressing that the higher Kaido got, the longer his drop when Wano was finally liberated. The reactions by the scabbards was really well done, as was Toki’s reaction and then her determination following.

Kaido was also portrayed well here, the respect he had for Oden was clear throughout. Allowing him to have his last words, and killing the old woman for interfering with them. Also presents a nice dichotomy, because he killed her for interfering with the fight despite having taken advantage of it to win.

Good all around.

Really enjoyed the chapter. Crazy Oden survived death by boiling. No doubt he’s incredibly strong willed but his body definitely isn’t normal lolz. Again Oden's going on about joy boy coming to wano, only this time, he says he'll transcend 800 years of time:unsure:. Joy boy is definitely Luffy and it doesn't really make sense for Luffy to be from the past so I'm guessing Luffy inherited joy boy's destiny of being someone born with enough power to change the world? or maybe the transcending 800 years of time bit is referring to Toki, who came from 800 years in the past bringing Luffy to Wano via Momo & Kinemon? Either way, it's pretty interesting that Oden knew when exactly Joy Boy would be coming to Wano tho:unsure:, did he and the Roger pirates find that out on Raftel?

All in all I thought the flashback was good and although I didn't really take to Oden during the initial chapters of the flashback, I've grown to really like his character and ironically enough, it was probably chapter 969 ("The Idiot Lord") that did it for me...lolz. I'm looking forward to how viz translates his final words, as I'm sure it'd be pretty epic!

On other matters, with this chapter, it becomes even more difficult to figure out who the traitor is ^^", as the Scabbards and Shinobu seem hella loyal to Oden. So, I'm thinking it could potentially be mind control? The panel two chapters ago with Oda drawing King in the panel right after Ashura was stabbed by an unknown entity is sus as fck! So maybe King is capable of mind control? It'd be OP as fck but Oda could potentially nerf it so it only work on people who are mentally weak/vulnerable. In which case, a scabbard being the traitor will make sense.

Also, like I suspected, Fukurokuju seems to be a "Shogun's word is god" kinda character. I mean he's a ninja I guess, so it makes sense. Chapter made it clear that he's definitely not on the good side lolz but I personally liked his demeanor. He comes across as a very cool headed, intelligent and cold/ruthless character. His words to Shinobu had a bone chilling feel to them "The truth will only bring about Chaos Shinobu. *The foolish lord that defied the Shogun will die*, everyone will understand, and then the execution will come to a close":steef:. Looking forward to seeing this man throw hands. Hopefully Oda matches him up against my boi ^^ .

Lastly, why did Oda make Orochi a goof ball? lolz, when he's actually serious even tho, he's not a power house, he looks intimidating as fck!. I prefer his demeanor & design 20 years ago to the current one.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a doubt about this situation.

Do you remember in the arc of zou when Kinemon revealed their identities? He told them why they were being persued. He said Kaido wanted the information of Raftel because Oden discovered the secrets of the world. Even his death was related to this, accordin to him.

So, what the fuck is happening in Oda's mind? Or am I missing something?
Well they said theu were being pursued because of the Raftel info and likely Oden Journal. But that search didnt start until the scabbards came back. So Maybe Kaido learned of Oden's role in Roger's travels later and is now on the hunt.

I will agree that I was under the impression that this was the reason Kaido was on Wano in the first place but Kaido was their before Roger even got to Raftel so our understanding of it must have been wrong lol

I can agree with that
But zoro main fight is king tho
Of course. I mean I'd be surprised if anyone believed Zoro's final fight was team fight.

Like Zoro specifically is the guy who MUST be able to win all his fights 1v1. I do t think Oda will bother giving Zoro's main fight to a tag team of any kind

I had this argument with people who thought Zoro would still have to team up with someone to beat king and I just had ro conclude that Zoro won't fight king then.

Like if king is so strong that Zoro can't fight him alone then it's more likely Zoro will just fight someone else. Like kyoshiro or drake or Smoothie or something.

Zoro can help out with Kaido somehow but his final fight will have to be 1v1 with whoever is appropriately scaled to be worth Zoro going all out in 1v1

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
If Zoro doesn't fight AT LEAST Kyoshiro & King or King & Someone else he should just forget even going close to Kaido maybe from your point of view is logical that Zoro will cut Kaido cuz he got Enma Kaido is a dragon bla bla bla but from others point of view is logical that Only Luffy worked his ass off to improve in the NW and he improved a lot and he had all that screen time cuz he have to go through a giant Wall which are Yonkos (In this case Kaido) while other SH (Zoro too) didn't pushed their limits so from my point of view it's not logical for Zoro to cut Kaido he should have an hell of a time vs King and he got Enma cuz without that King would kill him Enma is just a tool Zoro got to compensate the screen time he didn't had in the NW (so the Raid Suit with Sanji) like yeah they didn't fought many battles like Luffy but with these toys now they can approach YCs
By this logic only Luffy will fight Kaido...Law was getting bullied by Doffy, and we’ve only heard about Kidd taking L’s in the new world. They haven’t had any clear progression either.

And will better CoA control (the only logical upgrade Zoro gets from training with Enma) really make that big of a difference against King? His durability, endurance, CoO, reaction speed, etc don’t improve with Enma equipped. And we don’t know of Zoro’s ceiling either.

Kid and law was also foreshadowed in sabody, and btw law started all this, kidd has a personal beef with kaido(fore low diffing his crew)....it's so crazy how ya'll conclude that they're not gonna be the one to fight kaido😂😂

You guys expect the captains of their respected ships to fight the king and queen while zoro fight kaido???....please be logical fir ones
Foreshadow what?
(Cheerleading Luffy ? Yes that was the meaning of supernovas we know that since always).

We know that they are last minutes characters.

Oda mentioned that kid will be relevant just that(I give him some benefit).
None have a place EoS as a legend or something so far so you should logical too

Meanwhile we know for a fact that Zoro will be a legend (strength)and that his name will reach the heavens ( recognized by all for his actions).

:luuh:

Wano the Samurai country being the place where he actually makes a notable progress to his dream is really logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.