B
One Piece - Chapter 973
Title: Kozuki Clan

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
V1:
https://imgur.com/gallery/ALdDeeZ
V2: https://imgur.com/a/EItRaNe
VIZ: MangaPlus

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!

Last edited by a moderator:
B
When Cavendish falls asleep, his demon alter ego takes over known as "Hakuba"

It also changes Cavendish's appearance but apparently he can't fully control it yet

Now what's Denjiro's epithet? It's "Napping Kyoshiro"

Hear me out, in this chapter, it says Denjiro's face has been taken over by the demon known as "Anger/Rage"

It also changes Denjiro's appearance but it seems like he can fully control it?

This is only speculation as nothing is confirmed yet.

DENJIRO IS FUCKING HYPED

Last edited by a moderator:
So we know where Momo’s pervert side came from :eeke:

So Oden was really an accomplished swordsman. I mean that the guy have a swordsmanship style with his name and his able to teach another swordsmanship style to his son. He seems to be very knowledgeable in the way of the sword:jay-he::quest:

This put the relation he has with Zoro in perpective. Does he saw Zoro as a father figure or a big brother? I mean that at first I thought he was just training with Zoro because Zoro is cool but seeing that he had to his father’s training Zoro’s word (Sunachi) and then seeing him train next to Zoro might mean that he does not see Zoro just like a « cool pirate swordsman » but as something more:hope:

Oden seems to have been a good father for his kids:ronalugh:

Shinobu is really really no the traitor...or she is a really good actress :bamathink:

I understand Neko and Inu scrabbling now. In fact, to not deal with the pain of losing Oden, they turn all the negative emotions they were feeling towards the execution of their daimyo against each other. And when they saw Momo and realize that they have a mean to help Oden’s son and to be useful to Oden by avenging him and achieving his dream, they were so relieve that they could forget their pain and be friend again:jordanmf:

And you know what? I understand Ashura too. I think that he act like that against the people of Wano because they did not support and beleive Oden:fuah:

Seems like Denjiro and Ashura Doji are the 2 strongest scabbard :hohoho:

The whole scene with Momo and Kaido seems to show that Kaido is a dreamer which is a good element for a fighter like him. Is character get a lot of depth during the last chapters:bamathink:

My guess is that Toki was either looking for the second Ryuma or for the new Joybiy and Oden told her to go 20 years in the future to meet him :quest:

It must have been so hard for Denjiro to keep all the hate inside and to lick Orochi boots:sighting:

It is a very sad tale:
-Neko and Inu turn their anger and hate at each other.
-Ashura turn his anger and hate against the people of Wano
-Denjiro turn his anger and hate against himself so much that he changes his body shape :crazwhat::crazwhat:

I wonder who on Orochi side will suffer from Denjiro’s wrath:hope:

Regarding this flashback and the relationship that Momo (learned swordsmanship from Zoro like he did from his father),Hyory (automatically trust Zoro as much as she trust one of her father’s retainers) and Yasu (was describing Zoro like a chad and was attract to him) had with Zoro and the fact that Zoro tamed Enma reinforce my idea that Zoro is Oden. In the sense that he is the one with his inherited will:datas::datas:

Therefore Joyboy and Roger’s will are reincarnated in Luffy while Ryuma and Oden’s will are reincarnated in Zoro.This put in perpective this Jump’s cover :

S

Shura

First of all.

Small Hiyori is looking very cute....

Lol...what is Oden teaching to his son Momo, no wonder Momo is pervert at his age.....

And this chapter covered all the parts that has to cover aftermath of Odens death.....

Did Toki really die??.......I still hope her role doesn't end like this.....

The MVP of this chapter is Denjiro aka Kyoshiro.....the man really steals the show....he has to stay the side of Orochi for 20 years and has to go against the people who support Kozuki clan.....man that is some kind of patience......

Inu and Neko aware that there is a traitor in the group....that is the issue which has to be solved...now, who is the traitor??....as of now, it doesn't make any sense to for any of the scabbards to be a traitor....it has to be someone who didn't travel through time....

Now, I seriously think we will go to present timeline in the next chapter.......the thing is from where the story starts in the current timeline.....from scabbards or from strawhats or from some other third party??...

Anyways, decent epilogue/transition chapter.....3.5/5

Worst

Custom title
Great chapter even if still in the past was rly enjoyable! As i said earlier think Oda will use the last 2 chapters of the volume to show more infos about some characters of the past so he won't stop the action when we will get to the business....maybe he'll show the second rebellion some other infos about late daymos etc

I feel like wano up till now is easily one of the best arcs of one piece.sure it has a bit of pacing issues but when you have to introduce so many characters ,it's to be expected.oda has done a magnificent job.no character feels to shallow and I feel sad knowing toki travelled 800 years to witness that certain day but won't actually be able to see it.dude it was just another 20 years :catcry:.

Status
Not open for further replies.