Spoiler One Piece Chapter 975 Spoilers Discussion

Who was MVP in this spoiler?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because he hasn't done anything yet

I guarantee Law and Kid will miraculously be just as strong as Luffy for the upcoming fights. Powerscaling has never been one of Oda's concerns.
It can't happen without a logic implied.

Luffy learned advanced haki in that he had a huge 2 years long haki training on his back that put him much closer such achievement

Have you seen Kidd limits? Unlike Law
Kidd went through many extreme battles during the 2 years.

If he was YC level as rookie (over a year ago) then when he fought Kaido, he was High high tier already with Killer being Top vet/low high tier

Luffy clearly became above Kidd after beating Katakuri.

Currently : Luffy > kidd > Law
Pre fs luffy >= Kidd > Law
Rookie & during TS : Kidd > Law > Luffy
During TS Luffy was > Kid since he already Gear 4 1 year ago and created King Kong Gun 1 year ago when Rayleigh waa still with him

Rayleigh left 1 year and 6 months into Luffy's training.

J

Jo_Ndule

Kid & killer fought Kaido until they dropped.
Doesn't matter if Killer fought alongside Kidd.

Luffy still got oneshotted,
it wasnt killer that oda highlighted Kidd from Kaido , kaido threw killer away to be Orochi dog while he wanted to break Kidd spirits and make him a underling. Kidd impressed Kaido while Killer didn't!

Kid endurance and stamina > pre udon Luffy

Normal killer =/= kamazou retarded killer that cant even remember Zoro.

Doesn't matter if Killer fought alongside Kidd.

Luffy still got oneshotted,
it wasnt killer that oda highlighted Kidd from Kaido , kaido threw killer away to be Orochi dog while he wanted to break Kidd spirits and make him a underling. Kidd impressed Kaido while Killer didn't!

Kid endurance and stamina > pre udon Luffy

Normal killer =/= kamazou retarded killer that cant even remember Zoro.
Wrong , Luffy's endurance is his speciality. That is his defining trait so much so that Oda made his Haki speciality Conquerors Haki aka Willpower

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
What Kid experienced in the New World, Luffy alteady experienced that in paradise

Luffy's journey has been far far harder than Kid.

Luffy fought 2 Warlords, 2 CP9 Agents, Megallan which took years off his lifespan, Admirals, lost his brother Ace( equivalent of killer dying) all before the timeskip.

What Luffy experienced pre timeskip is what Kid is experiencing in the New World.

This is why Kid pre timeskip said Luffy had a headstart compared to the rest of the supernova's.
Luffy has never experienced anything even remotely close to what Kidd has experienced in the new world. Maybe Ace’s death I guess lol.

Even Most of Luffy’s defeats turned into victories later on, with Luffy’s only real defeat in paradise being what Aokiji did to him, and what Aokiji did to him was pretty much nothing lol.

Kidd tried to fight big mom and got bodied by her children. Kidd tried to fight shanks and shanks’ subordinates chopped his arm off. Kidd tried to fight Kaido, and got thrown into a torturous prison for weeks after Kaido kept him as a trophy and force fed his right hand man a DF which turned him insane.

Luffy’s journey in paradise was a literal cake walk compared to that, and Oda needed to give Kidd an actual character arc to justify him being involved in this battle right now.

But no, we needed a poorly executed flashback about oden and the uninteresting samurai instead. I think I’m officially done pretending Wano is even a passable arc by general manga standards. Oda not giving Kidd a real reason for fighting is a fundamental failure that actually ruins anything Kidd is about to do in this final battle tbh.

Unless Oda later fixes Kidd’s arc and gives him some flashback reason for fighting, but by then it’ll be too little too late. For me, Wano is a walking corpse at this point.

J

Jo_Ndule

Wrong , Luffy's endurance is his speciality. That is his defining trait so much so that Oda made his Haki speciality Conquerors Haki aka Willpower
What if Kidd speciality is also COc? Since his willpower was also highlighted by Hawkins vs Kaido, and at Udon?

Also Kidd was tortured and spent weeks prior luffy arrival, and still escaped Udon on his own.

Once again, Kidd fought till he collapsed , he impressed Kaido while Killer despite fighting alongside, he didnt impress Kaido, thrown away to Orochi.

Rookie Kidd> Rookie Luffy
Luffy making g4 or mastering haki doesnt place him above someone who could tag YCs as rookie over a year ago.

H

Haoshoku

The thing with Kid is that we literally got nothing to go off of except statements here and there that are open to multiple interpretations. The dude is featless for the most part, if I were some of yall I would just wait it out to see everything Oda got in the bag for him as far as feats go. I don’t see how we can extrapolate how good his endurance is from a simple statement and then go on to compare that to the MC whom we know anything and everything about.

Luffy has never experienced anything even remotely close to what Kidd has experienced in the new world. Maybe Ace’s death I guess lol.

Even Most of Luffy’s defeats turned into victories later on, with Luffy’s only real defeat in paradise being what Aokiji did to him, and what Aokiji did to him was pretty much nothing lol.

Kidd tried to fight big mom and got bodied by her children. Kidd tried to fight shanks and shanks’ subordinates chopped his arm off. Kidd tried to fight Kaido, and got thrown into a torturous prison for weeks after Kaido kept him as a trophy and force fed his right hand man a DF which turned him insane.

Luffy’s journey in paradise was a literal cake walk compared to that, and Oda needed to give Kidd an actual character arc to justify him being involved in this battle right now.

But no, we needed a poorly executed flashback about oden and the uninteresting samurai instead. I think I’m officially done pretending Wano is even a passable arc by general manga standards. Oda not giving Kidd a real reason for fighting is a fundamental failure that actually ruins anything Kidd is about to do in this final battle tbh.

Unless Oda later fixes Kidd’s arc and gives him some flashback reason for fighting, but by then it’ll be too little too late. For me, Wano is a walking corpse at this point.
How can you say Luffy's journey in paraduse was a cake walk when he lost years off his life and went through the worlds most dangerous prison.

He had to kill himself with gear 2 in Ennies Lobby to beat Lucci.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
How can you say Luffy's journey in paraduse was a cake walk when he lost years off his life and went through the worlds most dangerous prison.

Losing years off of his life has absolutely no effect on his presence in the story, and ultimately lead him to victories anyway.

Did you seriously just compare Luffy defeating Lucci to Kidd being turned into a trophy for Kaido? Just stop replying to me bro lol.

H

Haoshoku

He said it was “a cakewalk in comparison” , if Pre WCI Luffy was put through all that again, do you think it wouldn’t be a cake walk? Facing 3 different Yonko forces and losing an arm in the process is more than anything Luffy faced outside of Marineford, its ludicrous to say otherwise.

Why are people obsessing over how Kid got strong? As if the only way to get strong is to fight Kuri & Mingo.

"Luffy beat Mingo & Kuri, that means he schools Kid. Who did Kid beat?"

Kid fought sweet commanders & the strongest yonko crew out there, the Red Haired Pirates. Luffy didn't need to beat Kuri to become strong, same with Kid, the fact that he fought them made him stronger.
Because it is exactly what they where defending for years. If someone on Sabaody Luffy tier did not fight Doffy, Cracker and Katakuri he will be roflstomp by current Luffy (especially with the almighty FS).

So yeah people will complained that Kidd and Law are still magically on Luffy’s tier.

Not that people like me we were always saying that the characters are as strong as the plot demands it and that Oda care more about symbolic and character’s dynamic than about feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.