Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MonsterZoro Law got very cocky after mid diffing Hawkins, the third weakest Supernova. First he was trash talking Luffy and Kid and now he is trying to kick the samurai off his ship for no reason. Law better stop messing with people stronger than him
I mean where are you getting 3rd weakest from. Hawkins is still more impressive than Capone, Bonney, and Killer; and we haven't really seen what Apoo or Urogue can do.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
At this time I’d like to give a big “hahaha fuck you” to anyone who said Jinbei wasn’t a Strawhat or would have died

Kid and Law must look at the fodder on their ship, look at Jinbei being a Strawhat and wonder why they even bother.

Kin’s gave himself a wee bit of a death flag with that speech there. Said before if anyone is to die on Wano it’ll be him.

Them all being too drunk to answer the phone is a bit of a cop out, have to say. Not that the advantage will last long given Kanjuro’s in his way.

Luffy has just displayed a shockingly cavalier attitude to the abduction of a child, but that’s no surprise. This could be the making of Momo. Also he’s for certain overcoming his fear of heights at a pivotal moment in this arc against Kaido.

Sanji will obviously fight Kanjuro as his Wano arc opponent. He can fly, after all. Then maybe he can redeem himself for that piss poor attempt at a rescue

But the main story here is my man Jinbei. That’s how you make a fucking dramatic return. Now we’ve finally got the Strawhat back together, and I’m expecting a really badass double spread of them when they disembark at Onigashima

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
@MonsterZoro

I must say it, Sanji durability feats in wano improve a lot, first don´t take any damage of Pageone and now this, probably he defend himself with CoA since Kanjuro himself use CoA for this attack. Which means these rain arrows was covered in CoA which Sanji easily block with his own body.

Nice feat.

Kanjuro attack remind me little of Jiraiya(Naruto) hair attack against Pain, dude is for sure not a weakling, happy that he gonna probably get his battle in the war.
Next week we either see the beast pirates and the fire festival or we get a flashback what happen with Jinbe and co back then in Wci.
He didnt take damage from pageone because of the raid suit.

And this panel if oda is not joking, so i assume Sanji already had his modified raid suit.

Thats mean Sanji wouldn't use the canister to activate the raid suit.
And thats why i said in the spoiler discussion, Sanji might have modified raid suit like Tony Stark. So he might have a "Button" in his gloves or something.

@MonsterZoro

I must say it, Sanji durability feats in wano improve a lot, first don´t take any damage of Pageone and now this, probably he defend himself with CoA since Kanjuro himself use CoA for this attack. Which means these rain arrows was covered in CoA which Sanji easily block with his own body.

Nice feat.

Kanjuro attack remind me little of Jiraiya(Naruto) hair attack against Pain, dude is for sure not a weakling, happy that he gonna probably get his battle in the war.
Next week we either see the beast pirates and the fire festival or we get a flashback what happen with Jinbe and co back then in Wci.
That must be the RS. There is no way Oda would draw a panel like that after Zoro was wounded by mere nails. These are arrows :milaugh:

He didnt take damage from pageone because of the raid suit.

And this panel if oda is not joking, so i assume Sanji already had his modified raid suit.

Thats mean Sanji wouldn't use the canister to activate the raid suit.
And thats why i said in the spoiler discussion, Sanji might have modified raid suit like Tony Stark. So he might have a "Button" in his gloves or something.
:steef::steef:

J

Jo_Ndule

This chapter should tell you Zoro and Sanji arent above Jinbei yet.

Kaido battleships look great.
Sanji durability feat... he doesnt end up nailed as Zoro. I'm sure Sanji will one day awaken his exoskeleton.

Kanjuro is low high tier or top vet. The dude is near Kawa but below the top 4.
His role + combat skills makes him too important to just be below Vet.
It will take Kinnemon + Kiku to beat him or even Kawamatsu himself. This guy was fooling around in DR Zou ... his PL is better than Kinnemon by far.

Oda used the strongest SNs to destroy one ship, the strongest Retainer to destroy the other and the strongest strawhat to destroy the last.

The link between the scabbards is tighter than I thought and I really appreciated that none of them were fooled by Kinemon’s luck :blush:

Did Kanjuro lied about is fighting abilty too? I mean that before this chapter I would not expect that he would be able to stop Kawamatsu with one hand while holding someone else and drawing in the same time :bamathink:

Thanks Oda for Robin’s dark joke, I miss that :gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

Jinbe-ouabun is back baby :steef::steef::steef:

It is Interesting to note that the only none strawhat that was shown this chapter on the Sunny was Carrot :wellwell:

Yes one of the stranger parts, he right now looks like one of if not the strongest of them, while realistically speaking can he really be, as some stage actor? While Kawamatsu, Ashura and so on basically are pure fighters. And I am not even talking about the drawing ability, he negates Kawamatsu with simple one hand block....but probably I am looking too far into it and it serves the plot point that things are how they are and probably Kinemon gets to off him later on

@MonsterZoro

Nice feat.

Luffy
Zoro
Jinbe
Are the new ones Sanji is down

This chapter should tell you Zoro and Sanji arent above Jinbei yet.
I was little surprise when I see even Kid/Law are sweating because of Jinbe joining the strawhats, for sure he is a big threat(even though Lord Katakuri threat him as not much problem:steef:).

I hope the plot about Momo don´t end in a another "save someone in the climax of the arc", I want see a full war without holding back or problems, same goes with Hiyori, we don´t need a another princess who need to be saved, it kinda became boring for sure.

And finally Jinbe my boy is here, even I though he don´t gonna show up, im happy that I was wrong.
Now I want to see what happen in the end of WCi arc, what happen and how Jinbe could escape.

Did kanjuro really fly in direction of Onigashima? I thought he said he will cislandand kill hiyori,yet he flies in direction of kaido's island.
Anyway nice to see jinbei finally joining the strawhats-not that i particularly like him-but he will be a nice addition in the crew and in the forces against the beast pirates.
Was also nice to see the minor crew members interact as they didn't have much panel time before.Kid and Law overreacting over jinbei joining strawhats was funny as they realize how much the strawhats have taken an advanced step regarding their reputation with an ex-warlord.
Finally only the pacing seem atrocious as we are already 3 chapters in since the flashback,and we are still hearing things like "onwards to onigashima" like wtf? Fir 3 chapters straight? Oda doesn't want them to land on Onigashima? Doesn't want to start the battles? It is really annoying,at this pace next chapter Nekomamushi arrives and the alliance still doesn't reach Onigashima.
We may not even start the battles until June with this snail-like pace,but any anyway decent chapter and hopefully the pace steps up next week.
6/10.
Edit: So how come kawamatsu can't do what jinbei did on the beast pirate ship?He is a fishman too,yet he looks like fodder next to jinbei lmfao.

Last edited:
Waiting for a better translation

Jinbe joining the crew has been postponed since FI and finally after many years he finally joined! Welcome Boss!:cheers:

Lmao at Law's tho he's trying to keep a strong image since the previous chapter even tho he officially made an alliance with the samurai and mink at Zou love his reaction he witnessed the Grand Fleet and now his fellow ex warlord joined Luffy as well:milaugh:

Kanjuro tho his power has a lot of use after his betrayal he became an interesting character:owo:

Status
Not open for further replies.