Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck you guys are on about ? Jinbe of course didn't have a scratch on him ,as it was supposed to be.BM even if she wanted couldn't do shit to the fishmen . The PIS was the fact that the fishmen stayed behind and Jinbe wasn't already with the SH from chapter 902. They could have escaped whenever they wanted ..

They can change the currents but decided to stay behind ,as if they couldn't stop the bmp ships completely on their tracks...
_________

Concerning the chapter ,it certainly leaves a bad taste how Oda went with some things.
Luffy using G4 for fodders but not for momonosuke ?Really? Honestly this wouldn't have been a problem for me if Luffy didn't use so casually G4 in the previous chapter with no visible drawbacks.
Robin yet again shitting on her ass? Many times has used her powers for things like this but sure ,let's keep her as a background character like in the rest of the TS and only reading one or two poneglyphs here or there..
And of course Sanji who went to save momonosuke, but instead in the end decided to think with his dick and tried to save Nami,as is she was in any danger .

The only good things of the chapter were Kanjuro and the vibes of his,along with Jinbe and the morbid joke of Robin..

Honestly I don't like nitpicking stuff ,but Oda sure likes to do things so shitty to advance the plot in a certain way . The PIS is too much sometimes.
The PIS has reached new levels since WCI .
Well at least for Sanji, Nami was legit in death scenario there... he ain't gonna watch as Nami dies
:kayneshrug:

Great chapter literally just because Jinbe joined officially, finally. He’s such a good fit for the crew, and capable as fuck. thought he’d not join the crew, despite Luffy asking on FI, him confirming on WCI to Big Mom’s face, and then again when Luffy said that he was Jinbe’s captain.

Think we’ve got our SH vs Queen matchup (still not sure its a 1v1) because Zoro will probably face King and Jinbe is definitely stronger than Sanji, and it wouldn’t make any sense for Sanji to take on Queen anyway.

Luffy’s reaction (as well as the crew’s) to Jinbe joining, as well as Law and Kid’s, was excellent.

It’ll be interesting to see how he actually got away from Big Mom, though I’d suspect it has a lot to do with that he’s a fishman and just swam after buying time, as well as using his whale sharks to help everyone else escape.

Now only Marco is left to join the crew (though I realize this is much more a dream than anything lol)!

Good chapter, can’t wait to see more from Jinbe, and the rest of the arc in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great chapter literally just because Jinbe joined officially, finally. He’s such a good fit for the crew, and capable as fuck. Only people that hate him for no reason or insecure powerscaling fanboys thought he’d not join the crew, despite Luffy asking on FI, him confirming on WCI to Big Mom’s face, and then again when Luffy said that he was Jinbe’s captain.

Think we’ve got our SH vs Queen matchup (still not sure its a 1v1) because Zoro will probably face King and Jinbe is definitely stronger than Sanji, and it wouldn’t make any sense for Sanji to take on Queen anyway.

Luffy’s reaction (as well as the crew’s) to Jinbe joining, as well as Law and Kid’s, was excellent.

It’ll be interesting to see how he actually got away from Big Mom, though I’d suspect it has a lot to do with that he’s a fishman and just swam after buying time, as well as using his whale sharks to help everyone else escape.

Now only Marco is left to join the crew (though I realize this is much more a dream than anything lol)!

Good chapter, can’t wait to see more from Jinbe, and the rest of the arc in general. Now only Marco is left to join the crew.
" Now only Marco is left to join the crew"
:datas::hohoho:

Luffy/Law/Kidd vs Big Mom in Elbaf is a nice thought and makes sense since Oda would give enough time to the latter two to grow

Luffy/Zoro facing Kaido makes the most sense for me as of now
Lol what? In the same post that you say that Luffy/Law/Kid vs Big Mom makes sense in Elbaf because it gives them time to grow, you also say that Luffy and Zoro vs Kaido makes more sense right now in Wano?

Jinbe is one of my favourite characters!!
I'm glad he is finally joining the crew!! Very excited to see him action along with other SHs!
His strategies, calmness, reactions, experience will be very useful for SHs especially during their most difficult part of the journey
Hope Oda dedicates more panel time to him to make us readers understand his importance! His dynamic with other SHs will be interesting!! Looking forward to it

What the fuck you guys are on about ? Jinbe of course didn't have a scratch on him ,as it was supposed to be.BM even if she wanted couldn't do shit to the fishmen . The PIS was the fact that the fishmen stayed behind and Jinbe wasn't already with the SH from chapter 902. They could have escaped whenever they wanted ..

They can change the currents but decided to stay behind ,as if they couldn't stop the bmp ships completely on their tracks...
_________

Concerning the chapter ,it certainly leaves a bad taste how Oda went with some things.
Luffy using G4 for fodders but not for momonosuke ?Really? Honestly this wouldn't have been a problem for me if Luffy didn't use so casually G4 in the previous chapter with no visible drawbacks.
Robin yet again shitting on her ass? Many times has used her powers for things like this but sure ,let's keep her as a background character like in the rest of the TS and only reading one or two poneglyphs here or there..
And of course Sanji who went to save momonosuke, but instead in the end decided to think with his dick and tried to save Nami,as is she was in any danger .

The only good things of the chapter were Kanjuro and the vibes of his,along with Jinbe and the morbid joke of Robin..

Honestly I don't like nitpicking stuff ,but Oda sure likes to do things so shitty to advance the plot in a certain way . The PIS is too much sometimes.
The PIS has reached new levels since WCI .
I gotta admit

What the hell is Oda doing :milaugh:

Robin did nothing since post TS

Cmon, Luffy could traverse a huge part of a city in an instant in Dressrosa, you think he could not have blitzed Kanjuro here?
Sure and that's why I said: Kanjuro's ability shouldn't be underestimated - even if PIS still happened but it doesn't mean, Kanjuro's abilities are complete fodder to them.

Yes, Luffy not using G4th to catch Kanjuro or Law using his room at all is PIS as well. I just mentioned the fact that Kanjuro's ability to create anything he likes with drawings shouldn't be extremely reduced on his powerlevel.

Some fans Last chapter- oh kidd and law are rivals because oda drew them along with Luffy

Oda this chapter - kidd and law feels they can't compete with SHs:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
When thinking that they were pissed because a strong member joined their rival’s crew is too much for you ^
Yes because Law and Kidd are not prepared yet in my opinion.
Yeah, I got that. I was incredulous at the later half, based on that sentiment.

Momonosuke being taken away by Kanjuro is one of the most PIS I've seen in One Piece. Sanji, who was skywalking to save Momo, is actually running back to save Nami from fucking Ink.

Why the fuck is Nami a damsel in distress here? Why is she acting like she's never seen a fight in her life before? Why does Sanji need to get back to save her when the whole fucking crew is on board?

And what about Robin who can just clutch from a far like she did against spandam. Luffy who can stretch his hand and have G4. Ussop can shoot from a far (dressroza). Law who can make a room that's big enough to span an entire island

Jinbei continues his tradition of being a walking Deus Ex Machina: returning to the plot and saving Luffy as soon as Luffy cannot do something himself.

Next chapter will be all about on how Jinbei escape bigmom. Then after it will be Nekomamushi arrival and flashback. Onigashima battle will never come at this rate.

Oda is dragging af. Maybe he's hoping that Corona's going to put Japan into a forced shutdown. All so he'll stop One Piece just before he's forced to drawn fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.