Spoiler One Piece Chapter 976 Spoilers Discussion

Best Princess?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of all these things, the editors are really important, I don´t even understand why Oda switch them everytime after 2-3years. It kinda ruin the dynamic work between two humans who spend time and working together for years. The current Editors seem even worse then the previous ones, at least that it what I feel. I think the editor from Marineford or Enies lobby, the narative of Oda storywriting in wano would be kinda better, editors who are able to help Oda a lot in such situations, rather then "newbies" who don´t really have their own opinion.

I mean he have two editors, one who helping him and the other who working on the media platform, don´t these guys reading opinion of user who hating many points of this arc? They should be able to at least help Oda in such a huge arc who has a major role for the overworld of One piece world.
It isn't necessarily Oda though. It's WSJ that assigns editors. The likely reason why they keep changing his editors every few years and why they're often younger than him by at least 10 years or more (usually), is because it's a form of internship for these young up and coming editors. Working with Oda means there they get experience and fine-hone theirs skills and expertise under a great Mangaka with little to no risk of negative consequences which could arise from their mistakes. One Piece is just too successful and sells whoever the editorial team Oda works with. Never mind a few sales slumps here and there. It's been the flagship of WSJ for 20 years. That thing is as stable and permanent as Mt Fuji.

And I do agree Oda would benefit having a veteran editor or two who can offer constructive ideas while providing some streamlining and discipline to his overwhelming imagination and creativity, how many senior, successful authors have or would tolerate being told how and what to write as if they are newbie writers on a first time publication? I'm sure very few. Rowling, Jordan, King, Martin to name a few - once they're successful writers you can spot the moment they're no longer beholden to an editor and can basically write as much padding, rambling filler as they want.

Of course Oda's editorial team do get feedback, but why do you think they, or Oda himself would listen to fan suggestions, no matter how well intentioned, concerning how to write his own story? This isn't writing by committee. Oda writes what he wants, he's successful enough that he's like a demi-god as far as the industry is concerned, and the last thing he would ever want is to take fan ideas. He's even mentioned in interviews ( or maybe his editors did) and Greg has stated as such, Oda would change things up if he saw the fandom had predicted it. Even if it clashes with what he had established previously. The man is too proud ( and he has every right to be).

As far as the spoilers go...Kanjuro is a surprise. A competent antagonist who isn't even a Beast Pirate member.
Jinbei was not. The timing is interesting, looks like he wasn't to be the surprise element during the climax of Onigashima then.

The furore over how this reflects on BM though, is hilarious.

It isn't necessarily Oda though. It's WSJ that assigns editors. The likely reason why they keep changing his editors every few years and why they're often younger than him by at least 10 years or more (usually), is because it's a form of internship for these young up and coming editors. Working with Oda means there they get experience and fine-hone theirs skills and expertise under a great Mangaka with little to no risk of negative consequences which could arise from their mistakes. One Piece is just too successful and sells whoever the editorial team Oda works with. Never mind a few sales slumps here and there. It's been the flagship of WSJ for 20 years. That thing is as stable and permanent as Mt Fuji.

And I do agree Oda would benefit having a veteran editor or two who can offer constructive ideas while providing some streamlining and discipline to his overwhelming imagination and creativity, how many senior, successful authors have or would tolerate being told how and what to write as if they are newbie writers on a first time publication? I'm sure very few. Rowling, Jordan, King, Martin to name a few - once they're successful writers you can spot the moment they're no longer beholden to an editor and can basically write as much padding, rambling filler as they want.

Of course Oda's editorial team do get feedback, but why do you think they, or Oda himself would listen to fan suggestions, no matter how well intentioned, concerning how to write his own story? This isn't writing by committee. Oda writes what he wants, he's successful enough that he's like a demi-god as far as the industry is concerned, and the last thing he would ever want is to take fan ideas. He's even mentioned in interviews ( or maybe his editors did) and Greg has stated as such, Oda would change things up if he saw the fandom had predicted it. Even if it clashes with what he had established previously. The man is too proud ( and he has every right to be).

As far as the spoilers go...Kanjuro is a surprise. A competent antagonist who isn't even a Beast Pirate member.
Jinbei was not. The timing is interesting, looks like he wasn't to be the surprise element during the climax of Onigashima then.

The furore over how this reflects on BM though, is hilarious.
But since it IS Oda, he might pull out another twist. But, I have literally no idea how he is gonna justify the fact that Jinbei is COMPLETELY unharmed and managed to royally embarrass Big Mom's entire crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.