Spoiler One Piece Chapter 978 Spoilers Discussion

Best Supernova?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shura

I can see the argument behind Sanji beating eight bells out of Page One and then P1 recovering.

However, that still just makes all his big talk about “thinning the enemy” look completely stupid if said enemy is back for the fight anyway.
Well....you got a point.......but for that Sanji had to kill page one for him to be permanently out of picture.....

Don’t know who either of those are, but thought I’d point out that you described probably more than 80% of the people on this site. Toxic is in this site’s genetic code.

Doubt it. There’s just too many people involved in the arc for anytime to really get clean 1v1s. Not to mention that realistically, there’s only one SH outside of Luffy that would be able to solo a YC based on what we’ve seen, and that’s Jinbe, and even he might not get the chance to when Big Mom and Kaido’s alliance breaks up. I’m thinking it’ll end up being Luffy/Law/Kid vs Big Mom vs Kaido, Zoro/Killer/Bepo (?) vs King, Jinbe vs Queen vs Smoothie, Inu/Neko vs Jack. And that’s without mentioning Ashura, who fought Jack relatively evenly, or Denjiro, who should probably be at the same level. There’s just too much. For the lower people on the totem pole, it makes sense for there to be 1v1s, but how do we know that when things go sideways it won’t be Nami vs Lady Tobbi Roppo #1 vs Gallette or something?

Not to mention, in an arc where Luffy isn’t getting a 1v1, why would anyone else be entitled to one?
This could be the last chance every straw hat can get a 1v1 fight, if it doesn't happen in this arc, then I don't think it will happen again for the rest of the story. All the fights going forward will only get more harder.

Even Luffy could still get a 1v1 fight before fighting Kaido, and it wouldn't even matter since he just 1v1'ed Cracker and Katakuri back on WCI not long ago.

In such a big war arc, if Oda can't even find 1v1 fights for his 10 protagonists of the story, then I say his writing has really dropped the ball.

I'm not the biggest fan about team battles and I honestly don't care about the minks revenge on jack or the scarab's' fights either. we won't be seeing them after the Wano Arc unless they join the crew. Meanwhile, we will still have to live with the fact that after Wano, some straw hats like Robin STILL haven't gotten a good 1v1 fight after the biigest war Arc in One Piece since Marineford.

I'm NOT ok with that.

Well....you got a point.......but for that Sanji had to kill page one for him to be permanently out of picture.....
I know which is why Oda should never had made him say those words in the first place. Do not make a character talk big if one does not plan on them delivering.

Honestly would have been better if P1 just did something against a woman or something and Sanji just beats him up on the spot for that. Looks cool enough and it does not matter if P1 returns or not.

This could be the last chance every straw hat can get a 1v1 fight, if it doesn't happen in this arc, then I don't think it will happen again for the rest of the story. All the fights going forward will only get more harder.

Even Luffy could still get a 1v1 fight before fighting Kaido, and it wouldn't even matter since he just 1v1'ed Cracker and Katakuri back on WCI not long ago.

In such a big war arc, if Oda can't even find 1v1 fights for his 10 protagonists of the story, then I say his writing has really dropped the ball.

I'm not the biggest fan about team battles and I honestly don't care about the minks revenge on jack or the scarab's' fights either. we won't be seeing them after the Wano Arc unless they join the crew. Meanwhile, we will still have to live with the fact that after Wano, some straw hats like Robin STILL haven't gotten a good 1v1 fight after the biigest war Arc in One Piece since Marineford.

I'm NOT ok with that.
That’s not true, this isn’t the last chance. They’ve still got Shanks’ crew and everyone will be getting a clean 1v1 vs Blackbeard’s crew. They don’t need 1v1s at this point because everyone except for Luffy is still working their way up to being solid contenders against a Yonko crew. This is a chance for them to build themselves for later fights, because their later fights are more Yonko crew members.

The same holds true for Luffy. It’s fine if he tags against a Yonko here, because his next enemies are more Yonko. He can start just beneath a Yonko against Kaido, and then use this fight to propel himself to the level necessary to fight Shanks and Blackbeard on his own. It’s not necessary for him to have a 1v1 here because he’s got more enemies of the same caliber to fight next. This applies to both Luffy and his crew. He’s also not going to get a 1v1 against anyone before fighting Kaido imo. He’s going to need all of his strength to fight the guy, and honestly, he’d wreck anybody that wasn’t Kaido or Big Mom. He’s too strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.