Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanji: Regardless, let's leave those fools to their devices *hearts* and then rendezvous on the battlefield Nami-sa~n!! *hearts*
SHs and Shinobu: It's fully occupied!!
Sanji: !!
Sanji: Move aside Usopp!! Is that place supposed to be heaven or something?!
Usopp: If only you had a for knack for artillery. Give it up!
Sanji: Dang it...
Franky: Will you ride on the back?
Robin: Oh! I can ride? Thank you *hearts* **** (*note: translated the word robin used here ("ureshii") as "thank you" but it literally translates to "I'm happy". However the literal translation feels a bit weird to me personally, so I used a word I think is more appropriate. Anyways, the word she used here in this context is used to express delight)
Brook: Well in that case, I'll be in your care.
Franky: Like hell I was asking you!!! I was obviously asking the female!!

Nami: Hurray~! with this we can proceed safely.
Carrot: This is super cool cho~bro~*hearts*
Carrot: To think the Sunny had something like this onboard!!
Chopper: Leave it to me~! (*Chopper speaks with formal samurai speak here, something akin to ~de gozaru*)
Franky: Where did Luffy go?
Jinbe: Because Eustass Kid's possy charged in boldly from the front...
*flashback start*
Luffy: Those guys they don't even know Kin'emon's strategy!! Alright~! I'll go to stop them and come back. Y'all can relax.
*flashback end*
SHs: That will definitely lead to an unnecessarily massive uproar!!!
Jinbe: But Roronoa Zoro said the same thing and...
*flashback start*
Zoro: If it's Luffy he'd only end up creating an even bigger commotion. I'll go and stop him!!
*flashback end*
SHs: He's definitely going to get lost!!!

Kanjuro: From these guys perspective, I guess I'm just an enemy...
Kanjuro: Even though I have to go report to Orochi~sama about Kin'emon and the others as quickly as I can, how do I return back to Orochi~sama?!
Momonosuke: ...
Momonosuke: ...
*clang*
*Narration*: The enemy is still yet to realize advance of 5000+ soldiers.
lmao cockblocked by the skeleton yohohoho

Ironic. First and mate. Literally put these 2 words together and that’s zoro. If zoro ain’t the first mate who else is it then?
Ironic. Hippos and potamos. Literally put these 2 words together and that's a horse that lives in rivers instead of an artiodactyl related to cetaceans. Maybe words are meant to be understood following their actual definitions instead of flawed literal and/or etymological interpretations...?

The point is that his manga hasn't supported at all that a crew NEEDS a first mate because not every crew is the same. If that was the case, confirmed right hand men like Zoro and Marco would have been given that title in official sources. They weren't, unlike explicit first mates like Rayleigh, Mohji or Beckman. So now I invite you to think about the reason behind this canon distinction between "right hand man" and "first mate". Because let's get that right: the official material doesn't equal those two concepts like you guys are doing.

I'm reading this out of my japanese volume and he does say "Niban te ni shite ichioku nisenman" which literally means "he's *only* the 2nd hand at a 120 Million"

Urouge literally calls him the number 2 here, which is translated as the First Mate. I believe VIZ translated it this way too.
I think both of your are arguing the same thing just in different words.

Both of you are saying Zoro is the firstmate

Status
Not open for further replies.