Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 980: Fighting Music

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@PuckTheGreat What does the guy on right's mask say? Thanks in advance
I think it says "see through" (i.e. to see through something e.g. to see through a ruse etc.).

Interesting that we see another beast pirate with the same symbol tho:bamathink:. Nice find ^^
Post automatically merged:

Maybe who's who is from the one eyed clan or something. Might be why he has his eyes covered.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
I think it says "see through" (i.e. to see through something e.g. to see through a ruse etc.).

Interesting that we see another beast pirate with the same symbol tho:bamathink:. Nice find ^^
Post automatically merged:

Maybe who's who is from the one eyed clan or something. Might be why he has his eyes covered.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah that's what I think as well, they're all part of same crew and possibly the 3-eyed clan like Pudding. Either way, I'm curious to see where these "bread crumbs" lead us.

Bogard

You can't win
Looking at the viz it implies few things

> Apoo asked what would happen if Luffy / Zoro were captured, and Queen talked about this coming at a right time, since he wants to erase one of the tobi roppo and create an empty spot, which further implies that Apoo's current rank is below that of Tobi Roppo, but him potentially reaching that rank if he captured Luffy / Zoro, and bear in mind that Apoo was a member of the beast pirates for a longer period of time than Hawkins who apparently has the same rank

> The above also shows that from Queen's perspective, Luffy / Zoro may have started as headliner if they were in Beast Pirates crew since capturing both of them grants you tobi roppo rank, and bear in mind Drake confronted the beast pirates 2 years ago, became a new headliner a year ago, before eventually becoming tobi roppo member.

> Drake is even more likely to be the one Queen wants to get rid off. The way he speaks makes it seem like he caught one of the tobi roppo member doing something nasty shit, and it makes sense to me that Drake would be caught on now in order for him not to be an enemy during Onigashima battle

Basically it confirms what i was saying before, the tobi roppo rank doesn't really apply to worst gen members working for Kaido, it's just a situational ranking that you get from accomplishments after some time

I am super glad to see community's push back against the so-called dragon ball style linear power level mentality.
more people realize it had no place in one piece, the more quality discussion we can have
I still hear that kind of stuff on this forum. i won't put usernames they already know, kind of people who would say cracker > king and stuff

They don't understand matchups matter.

M

MD Zolo

This chapter was entertaining. Luffy/Zoro tag team is always fun to read/see and both of them being similar grade of idiots, you can find some genuine comedy from the two. I hope to see the tag team continue. Of course, after reading Chapter 979 two hours ago, I was sure that Zoro will go on his own adventure somewhere, but this is better.

Two weeks break just after coming back is going to be brutal for me. But it can't be helped.

Kid is becoming more and more prominent. Really difficult to gauge his level at this point.

This chapter was entertaining. Luffy/Zoro tag team is always fun to read/see and both of them being similar grade of idiots, you can find some genuine comedy from the two. I hope to see the tag team continue. Of course, after reading Chapter 979 two hours ago, I was sure that Zoro will go on his own adventure somewhere, but this is better.

Two weeks break just after coming back is going to be brutal for me. But it can't be helped.

Kid is becoming more and more prominent. Really difficult to gauge his level at this point.
I liked how he could not believe his eyes on how crazy luffy and zoro acted ahah

Status
Not open for further replies.