Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 980: Fighting Music

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MD Zolo

By the way, Who are the 2 idiots that Law mention for his plan?

After this Chapter I am not that sure that Law had in mind Kid and Luffy but more Zoro and Luffy.

Zoro cut the second floor :steef:

Law spent a lot time with Luffy and Zoro :datas:
Last time I argued for this, I got an L. So, I won't go down this route again. But I will say this, IF Law meant Luffy and Kid, he has learned a lesson.

You can always count on Luffy and Zoro to mess up a plan. Kid didn't even know the plan and yet he was following it quite well. While Luffy and Zoro knowingly messed it up.

So, next time, Law will have to bet on Luffy and Zoro to mess up the plan.

Last time I argued for this, I got an L. So, I won't go down this route again. But I will say this, IF Law meant Luffy and Kid, he has learned a lesson.

You can always count on Luffy and Zoro to mess up a plan. Kid didn't even know the plan and yet he was following it quite well. While Luffy and Zoro knowingly messed it up.

So, next time, Law will have to bet on Luffy and Zoro to mess up the plan.
In any case, Apoo announce to all the beast pirate only Straw-hat Luffy and Pirate Hunter Zoro.
All the focus is into this 2 people, that why I think Law meant Zoro and Luffy.
Law knows that Zoro is a special case and Luffy even more but he has no fuking clue how Kid moves.
In fact Law spent the most time with this 2 character beside his crew. Zoro and Luffy spent so much time with Law (way more than any other straw-hat).
Small recap about Law/Strawhat interaction
Punk Hazard Straw-hat crew meet Law
All Dressrosa = team Luffy-Law-Zoro
Zou = Team Zoro-Law (luffy went a bit solo)
Wano = Zoro-Law and after Luffy
:king:
Small recapt about Law/Kid interaction:
Sabody arc before time skip

I think Law doesn't define someone as idiot if he has no clue how that character moves. I am pretty sure relate to Zoro and Luffy

law said there will "always" be two idiots
because those two had consistently done this with him.
for every plan he has had.
wasnt referring to kid in this case.
kid was actually on with the plan till apoo came on scene. only idiots here were luffy and zoro who law had a good amount of experience with.
:cheers:
Post automatically merged:

Actually Law said approximatively two idiots

Didn't know about this translation :zorothink:

Didn't get that much from this translation, but it helped clear things up a little.
  • Gotti and Lola are definitely getting married. Pound congratulated Chiffon on her marriage to Bege right before his "death" but nobody got to hear him. He'll be there to celebrate with both daughters in person.
  • Elephant Gun to pancake a fodder. Geez, even saving haki with regular G3 would have been too much.
  • Apoo's first hit is a BOP. Apoo is now the Bop It toy with the way he transforms into parts of his body into different instruments. Bop it! Slash it! Kaboom It! For ages 18 and over only.
  • Luffy/Zoro confirms we're not at Kaido's castle. This banquet hall is probably an entirely different building and the Tobiroppo at least walked down a hallway to meet Kaido. Still, an entire CASTLE? I wonder if it's even bigger than this place.
Zoro loves Tama, and he's usually the least sentimental guy in the crew. Hint that she could join the crew after Wano?
Sora the sky warrior here looks like has a SMILE tattoo on his arm like Sheepshead. We can't see his power like Queen Bee with multiple arms, it could just be in his legs, but I like to think there are some more dudes out there like Sheepshead who can control their transformation between human and Gifter.
No clue that Queen knows he's fighting a Tobiroppo later unlike King and Jack who agreed to show before Big Mom. Like I said before in Page 9, demoting one of the Flying Six makes no sense because they're strong enough to just go back to their position. It's a strength-based meritocracy. Queen defeating Sasaki or Who's Who doesn't mean they get demoted, they simply remain Tobiroppo. Unless Queen has lost complete hope in poor Page One's abilities, then he would have been replaced before the festival even began. And Queen desiring to kill one of these guys because of some personal grudge is a very dramatic direction spelling out incoming internal conflicts. X-Drake remains the #1 suspect, but for some reason Queen is not ready to tell Kaido about a potential traitor.
Apoo's girls are loving it. The big hint here is that Apoo's attacks are invisible. Eyes, haki, Zoro couldn't see it all, no giant energy slash the kind he uses. And his ears were undamaged so even hearing wouldn't tell you what part of your body is taking the hit. The vibrating air just has to make contact and Apoo chooses what part of your body he wants. This is similar to Jinbe's Samegawara Seiken, a punch which vibrates water particles in the air and inside any bodies in his range causing damage even if you're made of rubber. But that's just a punch. I would further relate it to projecting haki barriers, but advanced haki so far lacks the range of Jinbe's attacks much less Apoo and probably can't be used like this.
Again, they see Apoo is still playing and targeting them so another attack must be on the way. Luffy and Zoro, who were caught off guard, probably turned on their haki(if it was off before) right here and Luffy still gets blown up anyway. This isn't detecting an invisible aura like Absalom or Shiryu, Apoo's attacks are invisible because air is mostly empty space and the particles are way too small be observed. And they leave behind no energy trail like Zoro's air slashes. The best you can do is possibly set up the widest barrier haki or turn tail and run away from Apoo's "range" which I guess depends on volume. His attacks probably move at the speed of sound, but it could be a Kizaru situation where they are much faster or slower than that because the DF power has its own One Piece physics.
Looks like Apoo had a fourth attack we didn't get see. I wonder if this one also has an usual effect. Blunt force, slashing damage, explosion effects, what else could he have? Music that causes confusion? Music that hypnotizes people to sleep like Brook? Music that causes illusions? Maybe something more simple like bullet wound damage or shockwave damage like Hasshoken.

Hoping Kid finally begins racking up some victories here. The reason for him destroy Apoo is well established, and Apoo was built up as a threat in this chapter at the expense of Luffy and Zoro on top of being Worst Gen. Law had the Yeti Bro, Smoker, Vergo, Trebol, Hawkins dealing some damage to Doflamingo. Kid's accomplishments are all off panel so far. If he's really a core side character to the Wano storyline, it's time to start hyping him with more than words. Brother Apoo's fate though, sucks for him since he seems to be by far the most hated Worst Gen so there's no problem killing him off.

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yo! I didn't notice it until I watched RogersBase review.

Had you guys notice that Apoo aimed for the places where Zoro and Luffy had their scars?

An interesting addition to Apoo's amazing DF mystery IMO.
:wonderland:

True definition of "Direct sound" :milaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.