Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 982: SCOUNDREL MEETS SCOUNDREL

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NeutralWatcher

Nice chapter.

Ulti wants to get close to Page One for some reason. If Ulti knows Sanji and Page One relationship this might lead to potential Sanji and Ulti story.

Kyoshiro respects Denjiro but not King. Interesting.

Kaido also enjoys Black Maria's company. Imagine if Sanji sees that. Might foreshadow Sanji participate on a fight against Kaido.

Fukurojuku at least explains plothole why no body informs Orochi because he belives Queen is enough to handle supernova and no info about samurai.

Momo gets a beating is nice but that's too far since he is a kid.

Black Maria also might be acting. She doesn't have any interest to become Calamity is fishy and she has pity for Momo might be an act too.

It's also weird that WB Didn't ask Oden condition for 20 years. Ace didn't tell WB about Wano condition and Izo Didn't come back to Wano.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely chapter, mostly following up on last week's events. Looks like the Bege family is clearing Dressrosa, and Green Bit is the perfect jungle island to lose some marines on your tail!

The Beast Pirates have the best party babes. Orochi's geisha, Queen's dance group, Apoo's chorus, Who's Who's cat girls, now even Kaido has oni babe Black Maria at his side. Even though the Tobiroppo are all about that promotion, Black Maria not wanting to work during the biggest party of the year is the one I can relate to the most. Okay, Page One and Ulti are also horsing around. Kanjuro reveals the Samurai weren't defeated, Fukurokuju reveals the Supernova are in the banquet hall, Kaido may not be threatened by any of this but Orochi has alarms going off in his head. The most interesting part of this is that Kaido finally lost his path to Laugh Tale with the confirmation the time jumpers don't know anything. Amusing that it was Inu and Neko who actually sailed with Oden, but Jack obssesively searched for Raizo with no idea who cat and dog were and treated them like normal enemies. Kaido most certainly regrets killing Oden now when he could have spent the last 20 years touturing him for Laugh Tale's secrets.

Only Marco and Izo are confirmed to return. Neko's been out at sea since the events of Zou and doesn't have a lot to show for it with only Izo and a note from Marco. Back in Zou he only talked about recruiting Marco, not the entire ex-Whitebeard pirates, so this might honestly be all were getting. I just have to remark on how impressive it is that Marco simply flew across the New World and even beat Neko to Wano weeks after giving him the note. Marco says something about news never leaving Wano, no point in even making sense of this. It's impossible to cover up how the Whitebeard Pirates didn't know Kaido occupied Oden's Wano and made it his HQ, at the same time they never bothered to visit their dearest friend for over 25 years. I'm more interested in what the other ex-WB pirates are up to; are they protecting Sphinx island? Are they on the way with their own fleet? Are they out of the loop? They took an L in Marineford, an L in the Payback war, I don't blame them if they want to avoid a third L in Wano in 2 years.

Big Mom is on the loose again! Everybody back to bed. Luckily, she's finally got the full kimono. While Kaido is drunk and having a ball, Big Mom is still very much interested in Luffy's head. No amnesia, no hunger, she could honestly wipe out the alliance by herself if Chopper and Usopp don't think of something. Then Prometheus magically returns and homes in on Zeus and Nami. Excuse me? Prometheus wasn't there when the Big Mom pirates first came to Wano, wasn't there with O-Lin and Napoleon, but is now in Onigashima when everyone else is at the bottom of the waterfall. I might regret asking this, but where the heck has Big Mom been hiding this guy the entire time? Should she grab Zeus, Big Mom goes back to full strength and won't be participating in Wano under a nerf as people have suggested.

After getting Who's Who last week, we have an update on the rest of the Flying Six. Except X-Drake, the fact that we lost sight of him confirms him as the new All-Star with King and Jack. So Sasaki got double crossed and chained up, miraculously keeping his head and preserving his body for a later battle. I would have personally tossed him into the ocean for suspense. Denjiro could know Sasaki is a Devil Fruit user and weak to the sea like the SMILE eaters, but the big surprise reveal later would have been that he's a fishmen with gills and thus failed to drown. We get Ulti and Page One being cute together which is too precious to see. Page One keeps acting tough, but we all know by now he's a complete pushover. Ulti seemingly picked up this manner of speech from him and took it the next level as she angrily snaps at people like a delinquent. But Luffy is the wrong person to snap at! Especially with other Supernova right around the corner. They better pull out some hats and start the magic show because otherwise it's over. Maybe Page One was brought back so he can have a character moment where he takes a beating from Luffy letting Ulti get away in the process.

Next week, it would be cool to see Page One and Ulti do a brother & sister combined attack. A double dino intimidation transformation? Uh, a Mario & Luigi bounce-on-each-others-heads moment? Seeing how Sasaki was let off so easily, I imagine the Tobiroppo are being preserved for 1v1 duels. It's not the Impel Down thing where Awakened Zoans get knocked out then get back up later. Fighting an injured opponent brings shame to a Samurai duel or a Strawhat 1v1. I don't see Ulti taking any serious damage, but Page One might be disposable. Kaido and Orochi should be going into action, but with King and Jack gone they may just leave this to the All-Stars. The biggest mystery is what's the plan for Big Mom since she's the biggest threat by far and she is ready to duke it out here and now.

Alright chapter I guess. But then again, now kaido and orochi know that pirates came onto onigashima but kaido still doesn't worry because queen the best YouTube reviewer is there.
He's just watching, he's not even trying to stop them and I mean come on, he doesn't have the power to stop all of them.

Anyway, momo has been beaten really bad, I wonder who is going to save him between the scabbards and luffy.

Sasaki got stopped like a noob.

Marco didn't know shit about wano:choppawhat:

Still don't know where the big mom and now prometheus plot is going.

Ulti and page one in front of luffy, I want to see what happens between them next chapter. If oda respects his writings luffy should be able to one shot them, but ulti just got introduced so it's hard to believe she is going to be defeated especially by Luffy.

No break next week:steef:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
  • After giving us juicy insight into Whitebeard’s past with Rocks, I deliberated about this scene and the potential Marco message to Luffy quite a bit.

Was it a weakness of Kaido’s that Marco was privy to through WB’s Rocks' ties? Was it Wano-specific information that he was clued up on through Izo? But lo and behold, it was an apology note about being late to arrive :laughmoji:​
Are you for real right now? Neko should be insulted that Marco thought an inscription was needed for such an unworthy memo. Does Marco think Neko is so stupid, he wouldn’t recall “Marco says he’ll be late” without a written note? LMFAO​
Was happy Marco showed up last week, but it’s only fair to make note (no pun intended!) of this untidy payoff.​

Had to get that off my chest! lol :seriously:

• The other highlight scenes were fun to read, especially the way Momo’s character was handled. Expectations of living up to legendary standards set by your predecessor can be an unbearable burden. Particularly when those past legend’s “tales” are highly sensationalized folklore. I felt bad seeing the little brat get the snot beat out of him. By being completely broken down and realizing he’s pathetic and unable to live up to his father’s legend without outside help, Wano’s isolationist cycle will be broken at last. Don’t wanna bog down the discussion thread with a giant post, but check this out if you’re interested in what I’m referring to.
  • Black Maria (aside from being an absolute top tier babe :steef:) is giving off an uncanny vibe. Not joining the Yamato hunt, staying close to a soon to be drunken unsuspecting Kaido on the “One day we can let loose” and being altruistic towards a battered child. I think an undercover agent theory, or an opportunistic avenger theory (akin to Gin from Bleach) potentially has some legs here.
  • Page 1 being introduced as a Mythical Zoan beast, then being revealed as an emo otouto who’s trying to get away from his attention seeking clingy spoiled sister is one of the best surprises we’ve had in a while. Bratty foul mouthed Ulti is a uniquely great foil for Luffy, who’s not one to suppress his thoughts either :suresure: Hopefully some gold comedy comes out of this encounter next week.
  • Orochi here was like

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.