Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 982: SCOUNDREL MEETS SCOUNDREL

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Hiyori has Ame No Habakiri with her and that weird swordsmith.

I'll sacrifice him and took Tama with all the swords and run if I was Hiyori:suresure::suresure::suresure:
Post automatically merged:

Any changes in the viz ?
Yeah, instead I can't I can't take it. They changed it to: Oh my stars.

TOP TIER TRANSLATORS VIZ STYLE.

Black Maria's characterization is looking a little strange to me now. The Beast Pirates are the most brutal, most violent, most savage of the Yonko crews. That explains why even just Jack is over a billion and he gasses and tortures the Minks just to rub it in. 90% of the SMILE users are permanently damaged. You know exactly how Wano's been ruled over the last 20 years. Black Maria seems too compassionate for the environment she's part of. If she was a spy, she would playing along and not revealing her hand like this. I wonder if Oda will give her a dark turn or if she's going to be the good girl of the crew. Like a Senor Pink or a Mr. 2 who never truly undermined their own crews but were still good folks.
Let's just lay this out there. Kanjuro with no map of Kaido's mansion, with no disguise made by Kin'emon, carrying hostage Momo in one hand, made it all the way inside of Kaido's layer to the big two bosses' office. When Zoro was talking about running from all the heavy hitters, Kanjuro was killing them with a brush left and right. Without taking any visible injury! This man is Kaido/Orochi's 7th Tobiroppo member, he cannot be discounted. His DF power is way too good on top of that.
The ink clone Momo is having his own internal thoughts! Yeah, I doubt it's an ink clone. Kanjuro brutally beat up a child and this is not a gag moment at all. If Oda wants to flip the script on Kanjuro's alliance, he has to account for how scummy he is writing Kanjuro here.
Hints about getting to Laugh Tale. Not about what Laugh Tale is itself. Oof. That makes it worse. Oden may not have told his men what the One Piece is, but several of them sure as heck know about the Road Poneglyphs to get there and even posses one over in Zou. Kanjuro is pulling a fast one on Kaido, maybe Oda is pulling a fast one on the readers.
Komurasaki is dead, but Hiyori is very much alive. Orochi knows this, but he never linked the two girls together. Oda could back track here and have somebody like Kanjuro fly over to Wano and bag her from her secret location. Give us that double crucify and chill. Though that's hard to pull off when Komurasaki = Hiyori will be its own surprise shock moment.

Also, anybody think this crucifixion is the perfect time for all the alliance to make their entrance? Just when you think we're about to see another Yasu drop dead, Orochi spots the shadows of the 9 Samurai in the distance and their armies behind them. Kaido, Big Mom, Yamato, everybody there watching the show, maybe not the BMP. The Strawhats and Kid Pirates captured or hiding. That's when the real war begins.
Lol. Oda in the SBS said when he was naming the Supernova after all these famous historical pirates like Kidd and Bonney concluded by saying he got lazy and named the final nice guy "Killer". We go back to his epiteth which "Murder Machine" or "Massacre Soldier". He just named this guy Killer twice!
A tank, one of the heaviest and slowest vehicles known to man, is outrunning Big Mom. It's going backwards too. Lol. Maybe Franky's Yonko-level tank stored in the Sunny would have solved the Big Mom problem in WCI better than Sanji's wedding cake.
I like this translation. Makes more sense for Nami to run because she knows she's helpless against Big Mom (I concede that is disputable), rather than making it sound Nami was being disrespectful toward her like a reader from behind the 4th wall.

Some people want Nami to defeat and power up with Prometheus, which is an actually a very cool idea for a fight, but I hope Big Mom gets back to full strength until she's defeated. I want Big Mom defeated at 100%, not under a nerf. Once Big Mom is finished, then Nami can steal all the homies and rise to YC level or whatever.
Marco barely knows anything about Wano. I think the comment about Onigashima comes from Izo or possibly Neko himself, who have not visited the island they grew up in for decades. That hurts Scopper Gaban's chances, who has not been foreshadowed to arrive in Wano anyway. It would make sense if that island was a complete wasteland with a skull until Kaido settled there around 25 years ago and Izo only just found out.
So it looks like Marco and Neko are going to crash the back of the island where everyone is supposed to meet. Don't expect that to go well at all since Law keeps talking about whirlpools.

Also, reminder that Ashura and Inu are bigger than Katakuri. Jean Bart mall cop back there is competing with Jack in size.
It's hard to guess just on what drug Marco wrote this note. Did Weevil send him a letter on the exact day he planned to attack Sphinx Island? Maybe somebody slipped Marco in on the future Reverie abolishing the Shichibukai system leading to a Warlord hunt? To me, it doesn't really matter anyway. The note was only relevant if Marco was going to be absent or at least late. It can't have any meaning in the current situation so Oda disposed of it like the refuse it is.
Shame we didn't get a close up of Sasaki's group like Who's Who. No hints about his DF power. But it turns out he's a swordsman just like Who's Who, perhaps hinting he's another opponent destined to fight Samurai?

I got the impression Kyoshiro had deep seated hatred for Kaido and Orochi's forces and just acted along. All possible because he got every last bit of his rage out of in the shack and warped his face. That's why he could dine and laugh with Orochi all those years. But I suppose he geniunely liked some of these guys like Sasaki and just spared them. Capone shot Pekoms in the back and then threw him to the sharks, but he turned out to be a good family man. Maybe Denjiro can do what Capone did, but not to his bro Sasaki.

Still an enjoyable chapter, but I hope the Flying Six get more impressive showings. Sasaki cuffed already and Page One and Ulti in danger next. Their stock is tanking fast. Help these boys, Oda! I love them too much.

For me this chapter doesn't change my idea of matchups;
-Kidd and Killer vs Kaido (Kaido wins)
-Law's group vs Kaido (Kaido wins)
-Luffy, Zoro, Kidd, Law, Drake, Hawkins, Apoo, Killer, Denjiro, Kinemon and Marco vs Kaido (Kaido loses at first but uses awakening to turn the tides of the fight)
-Big Mom vs Kaido (Kaido wins)
-Luffy vs Kaido (Luffy wins)
-Zoro vs King one v one then joins, then vs Kaido with others
-Sanji vs Queen, then do some Mr. Prince type of thing
-Usopp vs Jack
-Jinbei vs X-Drake
-Brook vs Apoo
Who's Who vs Robin
Sasaki vs Franky
Black Maria vs Nami
Page one vs Chopper
Ulti vs Carrot
Yamato vs adult Momo
Numbers vs Red scabbards

with Oda's current level of storytelling i feel like his biggest competitors are those isekais or Chinese Xianxias:believe:. like wtf is with this plot. at this rate there wont be plot hole, there will only be Plot Abyss:pepecry:. Dude actually nutted in "No Nut Oden":pepeanger::shame: and cum up with the whole Wano~Oden Plot:risicheck:

-Luffy, Zoro, Kidd, Law, Drake, Hawkins, Apoo, Killer, Denjiro, Kinemon and Marco vs Kaido (Kaido loses at first but uses awakening to turn the tides of the fight)
-Usopp vs Jack
-Jinbei vs X-Drake
-Brook vs Apoo
Who's Who vs Robin
Sasaki vs Franky
Black Maria vs Nami
Page one vs Chopper
Ulti vs Carrot
Yamato vs adult Momo
Numbers vs Red scabbards
Bruh you might as well call in Goku to take care of Kaido if he can fight all these people

-Usopp vs Jack
-Jinbei vs X-Drake
-Brook vs Apoo
Who's Who vs Robin
Sasaki vs Franky
Black Maria vs Nami
Page one vs Chopper
Ulti vs Carrot
Yamato vs adult Momo
Numbers vs Red scabbards
Doesn't change mine either
BB pirates suddenly appeared with awakening invisible fruit, them vs Kaido and Calamities, BB win and stole their powers, Yamato took the remnants of the crew and flee from Wano
Wano became BB territory
Zehahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.