Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 982: SCOUNDREL MEETS SCOUNDREL

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The more the Beast Pirates talk about Yamato the more I have the feeling that he's still a kid or a teenager and so not one of the Beast Pirates' elite fighters.
I prefer to talk as little as I can about Yamato.

I saw a terrible theory that Kaido caught Toki and you know the rest and his son is Toki's child:whitepress::whitepress::whitepress::whitepress::whitepress::whitepress:

I look up about Sasaki word with Kyoshiro, both speak general as equal each other, probably knowing for each other for a long time.
Also Sasaki didn´t say Lord/Boss Kyoshiro well Pageone did, which show again that even between the Flying six we have a ranking based when it come to respect. Ulti and Pageone seems the youngest of the flying six and also the "weakest", then the middle rank with Black Maria,Sasaki and xDrake who seems more mature and then the strongest(I would put xDrake into the group probably though too or switch him with Sasaki) who is based on Who´sWho, the one who is closed to the calamity.

Oda making it sure and clear that the alliance first big Challenge gonna be the flying six, the Calamity didn´t even get the hype as the flying six in the last chapter. Only Queen get his shine and he just let his army do the work.

The among of hype and screentime for the flying six, Oda want to make it clear that this troup gonna be for sure a problem and the first big challenge for the alliance, they are Kaido special troup which also make him proud to the point where he want to show them to Linlin. Alongside with the Calamity who stand up as the strongest force, the flying six gonna be hard for sure too.
For the numbers, I think they represent the "Veterans" of Kaido group as we see one of them fighting and catching back then Inu and Neko, they beeing longer in Kaido crew and holding up the balance between the Yonkous for a while, well the flyers beeing most like the new and higher group who join Kaido crew(probably make in the last 5years?). I mean even Jack is know for Big mom but she didn´t know the flyers?

Because that Kaido want to show them to Linlin, they represent the inbetweener of YC lvl and Vet lvl:
Yonkou Commander
>
Flying Six
>
Veterans

Which means I can see them posing overall the threat of someone as Neko/Inu/Snack/Judge lvl characters.
Because of the hype for the group who give by Oda in the last chapters, I doubt that Ulti and Pageone get destroyed in the next chapter.
We speak about Oda who let Luffy and Zoro looks bad against one Supernova, Apoo. I wouldn´t be surprise if he do would the same again...

Last edited:
Ahhh what a chapter I must say I liked it a lot can wait for the next one and we don't have to wait to weeks:steef::finally:
Post automatically merged:

by the way the title of the chapter is SCOUNDREL MEETS SCOUNDREL

Orochi probably send someone to kill Hiyori (Denjiro migth have stopped the assasins but Orochi Is unaware) .

That's why he calls Momo the last Kozuki.

This fits with him not knowing yet about Denjiro identity.
:few:

To summarize:

1) In chapter 816 the Kozuki clan is first named Kogetsu and Kin'emon introduces himself in quite a weird, too formal way considering he's talking to two of his deepest friends. The whole interaction with the samurais feel, again, strangely formal with the "dono" honorific and the bowing by the minks, seeming like the're servants of the clan because of their ancient link instead of full, direct retainers. It's only next chapter when the clan is correctly called Kozuki and everything feels like they're closer friends.

2) When Kin'emon speaks of Oden's demise it is explicitly stated that the Beast Pirates were after his knowledge on the Void Century, a topic that was never brought back again.

3) The whole Whitebeard, Marco and Oden issue.

4) And now Orochi forgets about Hiyori being alive.

And I'm probably forgetting smaller problems with the Kozuki plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.