Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

critical mindset

Zoro is already panting from fighting fodders lol. His heart is fucking fodder to Vergo who took a counter shock (to the heart) and never complained his ass, he never even panted from that; Zoro dies from just a fraction of that. The fodders are even insulting him by saying he should just quit while he is ahead.

Enma is just a hype tool for the fodders of Kaido's crew.

Poor Momonosuke, Yamato is probably this era's Oden while Momonosuke is just weak crybaby.
this is a problem

Momo has to be the successor of Oden. Whether yamato is some big strong oden fan boy, the story requires momo to step up the plate.

Momo won't get as strong ad Yamato but there has to be something else that makes him the true oden successor

Sssshhh, Perospero, when you say stupid things like that after getting booted around for a while I might lose respect for you. And he's one of the few BM Pirates I do have any respect for.

Ussop and Chopper are 100% blowing up a massive chunk of Onigashima by accident with this transformation and infuriating the entirety of a Yonko crew. Hopefully there's a new Franky Shogun form as well

At times I do wonder about Oda. Does he sit down and think "I'm gonna make Sanji look as pathetic as possible this week" or does he genuinely think this is funny? I think abandoning his crew in Yonko territory to look for hookers is on the pathetic side myself. He's been appalling in Wano, it's like Oda's used up all the serious Sanji in WCI and all we have left are shit gags

The Zoro and Kid plot is slowing down a bit now, they'll probably just be fighting about in the stage until it's time for them to do something again.

Ulti is great fun and definitely not down for good. I like the head butting dinosaur, quite fun and unexpected from a pretty OP girl. Pay Pay badly needs to get a win under his belt cause his role so far is TR whipping boy. Let him beat a Scabbard or something

As for Yamato- I was wrong, he's strong. He did land a hit on Ulti when she was mid attack on Luffy and not able to protect herself, so I wouldn't get carried away just yet, but he's still going to be powerful. Interesting design, he's got manacles on his arms and one of those big weird Japanese rope things that Oden had- is he an Oden fanboy that has been chained up and broke free recently? Wonder what he looks like under the mask. Think he's probably been waiting for Luffy since Dressrosa or PH, as someone openly moving against his father. Probably still relatively young given that he was called a brat by Sasaki, so late teens early twenties.

He probably has sea stone cuffs on right now.
And he one shot Ulti??? TF? Is he an admiral or something?
Post automatically merged:

Vergo trashes them if they in this early stage of the battle are showing signs of fatigue, then they've has got no stamina or endurance to withstand the effects of a counter shock which fucks up the heart. They all have weak hearts
So vergo is also stronger than kid and killer combined

Because he survived a little electricity he's stronger than kid and killer combined

this is a problem

Momo has to be the successor of Oden. Whether yamato is some big strong oden fan boy, the story requires momo to step up the plate.

Momo won't get as strong ad Yamato but there has to be something else that makes him the true oden successor

Momo is indeed special in my opinion ( he can hear and communicate with Zunesha while luffy could only hear), fighting wise he might not be as gifted as Oden but he can still get strong eventually.

Luffy was not that strong as kid but he grew and Momo can do the same.

Momo is indeed special in my opinion ( he can hear and communicate with Zunesha while luffy could only hear), fighting wise he might not be as gifted as Oden but he can still get strong eventually.

Luffy was not that strong as kid but he grew and Momo can do the same.
Well whatever is special about him has to matter in this war

Like unless he calls down Zunisha to Stomp jack AGAIN during the war, we need something else to show Momo is the true successor

I had hope he'd team up with Hiyori to like kill Orochi or something but the kid is getting beaten senseless so who knows

kidd and zoro wasting panel time on fodder dialogue+a boring fight with the petulant sibling duo. pedospero delusional as always, BM going through other people's trash. sweet jesus...would be a 1/5 chapter if not for:

yamato

and sanji saying he won't abandon women in a dangerous situation (even though they are prostitutes)

voted 'average'

J

Jo_Ndule

Let's get this straight
  • Luffy underestimated them at first
  • Luffy and Ulti used no Koka or maybe they used buy Luffy didn't use AdCoA
  • Base Luffy is even with Base Ulti
  • Base Luffy Blitzed Hybrid Ulti and Slammed her easily
  • G2 Luffy is too fast for Zoan P1 and G3 oneshotted him (Luffy didn't use AdCoA even) @
  • Zoan Ulti caught Luffy off-guard
  • Zoan Ulti has more brute force than P1, the only way Luffy can get free from her grip is g4
Ulti would have been beaten by g3 too
She forces Luffy to use g4 coz her grip is too strong, similar to Parasite.

But Luffy isn't using G4 cause g2 and g3 failed on her! Unlike BM/Kaido/Cracker/Kata, Luffy knew g2 and g3 fails and won't do a thing. There were shown to tank/counter it easily.

Anyway, Ulti is above Oven/Daifuku/Drakr/P1/BlackMaria
P1 is below Oven and Daifuku (whom I don't see them losing to g3 in one or 2 blows.)

And Yamato is Just hype. Luffy needs g3 or g4 to one-shot Vets/low high tiers
Base Yamato does it in one blow

O

Omaiwaa

I think he'll take her lightly at first, then she'll start landing serious hits, it'll make him angry and he'll use serious moves too, citing Pedro and what not. Then Carrot will go Sulong on his ass and beat him.
I don't think she could beat him without backup tbh. We saw how easily he defeated Brook, Chopper, & Pedro & I wouldn't place her that much above them if at all (especially Pedro, who mentored her)

Status
Not open for further replies.