Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sssshhh, Perospero, when you say stupid things like that after getting booted around for a while I might lose respect for you. And he's one of the few BM Pirates I do have any respect for.

Ussop and Chopper are 100% blowing up a massive chunk of Onigashima by accident with this transformation and infuriating the entirety of a Yonko crew. Hopefully there's a new Franky Shogun form as well

At times I do wonder about Oda. Does he sit down and think "I'm gonna make Sanji look as pathetic as possible this week" or does he genuinely think this is funny? I think abandoning his crew in Yonko territory to look for hookers is on the pathetic side myself. He's been appalling in Wano, it's like Oda's used up all the serious Sanji in WCI and all we have left are shit gags

The Zoro and Kid plot is slowing down a bit now, they'll probably just be fighting about in the stage until it's time for them to do something again.

Ulti is great fun and definitely not down for good. I like the head butting dinosaur, quite fun and unexpected from a pretty OP girl. Pay Pay badly needs to get a win under his belt cause his role so far is TR whipping boy. Let him beat a Scabbard or something

As for Yamato- I was wrong, he's strong. He did land a hit on Ulti when she was mid attack on Luffy and not able to protect herself, so I wouldn't get carried away just yet, but he's still going to be powerful. Interesting design, he's got manacles on his arms and one of those big weird Japanese rope things that Oden had- is he an Oden fanboy that has been chained up and broke free recently? Wonder what he looks like under the mask. Think he's probably been waiting for Luffy since Dressrosa or PH, as someone openly moving against his father. Probably still relatively young given that he was called a brat by Sasaki, so late teens early twenties.
The alternative for the Sanji situation would be to have him stay and protect the crew from Big Mom.........Do we really want to see Sanji protecting the crew from Yonko??? Its basically a Doflamingo 2.0 situation, People dont Appreciate that moment, Infact people use Sanji vs Doflamingo to Shit on Sanji........ This plot point allows for sanji to go solo and run into actual threats.

The "foughter" that zoro fought aren't foughter they are most likely pirates who made it to the new world and went to fight a yonku (like moria)and they are boosted by smiles.

And this happens in every fucking arc, enemies lobby with "foughter" lower than captin rank marines, thriller bark with the zombies giving the monster trio problems..

Also can people calm down about pound surviving, it only happened 5 times in the story and given that one piece is 1000 chapters long 5 times isn't that much. (pagaya, pell, pound, will of P lol)

And finally the tobi ropo all seem to be have the potential of being or are yonku commander toer(kaido said that if they can beat one of the all stars they can become one of the all stars which means some of them atleast have the potentioal to do that).

N

NeutralWatcher

Interesting chapter.

Gotta give credit to Perospero. I see him in a better light now. An underdog that tries to overcome the obstacles. Big Mom Pirates got humiliated many times but he doesn't give up. I wonder how he plan to make Big Mom Pirates the winner of Onigashima.

Disappointed with Sanji. Instead of protecing his friends, he chose to find prostitutes. This is a New World. Not only that but they are in a territory with 2 yonko. Sanji didn't realize the danger they were in instead of looking to have fun with prostitutes is really against his character since he is the type of person to notice the danger the most.

Usopp and Chopper are safe for now but who will save Nami, Carrot and Shinobu? This chapter also shows once again how powerful BM df is. She can any object becomes a living being. I think her strength depends on the environment she fight. If she fights at sea she can turn the sea into her homi, etc. At least the chapter doesn't spend on Big Mom chasing Chopper and Usopp.

Disappointed with Zoro too. I think he should have done better against gifters. Why does Zoro always use 2 swords in this raid? Why doesn't he use 3 swords style? Interesting too that Oda groups Zoro with Kidd and Killer. So where is Apoo? I hope Oda doesn't plan that Apoo is Kidd's end fight. That would be disappointing.

ALso interesting Page One calls Ulti sis. So they are siblings it seems. When Luffy's head clashed with Ulti's there look like haki emitted from their heads. Looks like Ulti is not an idiot. She knows the concept of haki. Looks like she knows observation haki since she can feel Luffy's haki and also knows armament haki judging from the haki emitted from her head when clashing with Ulti's.

The chapter also points out that Luffy underestimated Ulti. So Luffy was not serious in a head clash. Nice to see Page One cares for Ulti when Luffy smashed her to the floor after grabbing her horns. Ulti also in turn cares when Luffy hit Page One with G3. I think Oda would focus on their bonds later on by showing their flashbacks when they would fight other fighters in the alliance.

Ulti also caught Luffy right after Luffy attacked Page One and Yamato easily blew Ulti away. Interesting too he has Thunder Bagua. Did Kaido teach Yamato that? Yamato seems like a mix of Oden from the design and Kaido with his Thunder Bagua. Also Yamato was waiting for Luffy. So Yamato is an ally and how did he know Luffy?

I don't think Yamato would betray Luffy since Luffy said he knew Yamato wouldn't hurt Luffy. So would Yamato help Luffy defeat Kaido? Would be interesting if Yamato also has mythical zoan.

The alternative for the Sanji situation would be to have him stay and protect the crew from Big Mom.........Do we really want to see Sanji protecting the crew from Yonko??? Its basically a Doflamingo 2.0 situation, People dont Appreciate that moment, Infact people use Sanji vs Doflamingo to Shit on Sanji........ This plot point allows for sanji to go solo and run into actual threats.
I don't buy that at all. Oda's a clever guy, he can come up with an idea to separate Sanji from the group to set up his own plot line without having him, at the start of a war with the Yonko, running away to try and find a prostitute. It's not like that was the only option Oda possibly had to get Sanji by himself, and that the plot wouldn't work without it.

I have no problems with "Sanji goes solo", I have many problems with the method Oda's used to do it.

Wouldn't say Page One is at the level of Doflamingo but Ulti definitely is if not slightly above. I doubt she's knocked out though since we didn't see her transform back to her "human" form. Oda low key confirmed she's the same species as dellinger with them horns.

Have a feeling Sanji's quest for booty will lead him to Drake where an alliance can be formed. Sanji going off on his own has always proved fruitful.

Highlight of this chapter for me, is Luffy deciding to take things seriously and speed blitzing both of them after shaking off a skull crushing headbutt. Ulti having cold sweats and acknowledging Luffy surprised me a bit, she doesn't look like someone who "praises" anyone.

Like I said.....yall gonna be projecting on Kidd.

This isnt comparable. Kidd isnt huffing nor does he have scratches. Hes panting. The panting could be from stress of Heat's group which is what they were talking about.

I thought Zoro was worth 2000 men:choppawhat:
Lmao So kidd wasn't panting against fodders weaker than Gifters with killer's help and needed them to be distracted to attack them they even didn't adknowledged their strength while Gifters did against Zoro and asked him to join them and those scratches you are talking about couldn't be dirt like what are u saying about Jozu ?
▪ One soloed an army of gifters vs one with killer panted against an army of fodders .
▪ Gear 3 with basic Coa made p1 bleeding and out of successive events after that he didn't appear while sanji with rs didn't .:cheers::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

Last edited:
Zoro is already panting from fighting fodders lol. His heart is fucking fodder to Vergo who took a counter shock (to the heart) and never complained his ass, he never even panted from that; Zoro dies from just a fraction of that. The fodders are even insulting him by saying he should just quit while he is ahead.

Enma is just a hype tool for the fodders of Kaido's crew.
Panting literally means noting in this manga. Luffy panted at the start of Katakuri fight. Fought for 11 hours. It means literally noting.

Interesting chapter.

Gotta give credit to Perospero. I see him in a better light now. An underdog that tries to overcome the obstacles. Big Mom Pirates got humiliated many times but he doesn't give up. I wonder how he plan to make Big Mom Pirates the winner of Onigashima.

Disappointed with Sanji. Instead of protecing his friends, he chose to find prostitutes. This is a New World. Not only that but they are in a territory with 2 yonko. Sanji didn't realize the danger they were in instead of looking to have fun with prostitutes is really against his character since he is the type of person to notice the danger the most.

Usopp and Chopper are safe for now but who will save Nami, Carrot and Shinobu? This chapter also shows once again how powerful BM df is. She can any object becomes a living being. I think her strength depends on the environment she fight. If she fights at sea she can turn the sea into her homi, etc. At least the chapter doesn't spend on Big Mom chasing Chopper and Usopp.

Disappointed with Zoro too. I think he should have done better against gifters. Why does Zoro always use 2 swords in this raid? Why doesn't he use 3 swords style? Interesting too that Oda groups Zoro with Kidd and Killer. So where is Apoo? I hope Oda doesn't plan that Apoo is Kidd's end fight. That would be disappointing.

ALso interesting Page One calls Ulti sis. So they are siblings it seems. When Luffy's head clashed with Ulti's there look like haki emitted from their heads. Looks like Ulti is not an idiot. She knows the concept of haki. Looks like she knows observation haki since she can feel Luffy's haki and also knows armament haki judging from the haki emitted from her head when clashing with Ulti's.

The chapter also points out that Luffy underestimated Ulti. So Luffy was not serious in a head clash. Nice to see Page One cares for Ulti when Luffy smashed her to the floor after grabbing her horns. Ulti also in turn cares when Luffy hit Page One with G3. I think Oda would focus on their bonds later on by showing their flashbacks when they would fight other fighters in the alliance.

Ulti also caught Luffy right after Luffy attacked Page One and Yamato easily blew Ulti away. Interesting too he has Thunder Bagua. Did Kaido teach Yamato that? Yamato seems like a mix of Oden from the design and Kaido with his Thunder Bagua. Also Yamato was waiting for Luffy. So Yamato is an ally and how did he know Luffy?

I don't think Yamato would betray Luffy since Luffy said he knew Yamato wouldn't hurt Luffy. So would Yamato help Luffy defeat Kaido? Would be interesting if Yamato also has mythical zoan.
I always suspected that kaido isn't a dragon fruit user but is a dragon, like that fox who has a human form but didn't eat a fruit.

The suspecion started when were intruduced to the fox(the dude who steals the weapons that fought zoro on the bridge), then increased when we didn't have an intruduction box for kaido's fruit, and increased more when kaido's son used the same attacks as him.

Offcourse this is speculation but its an interesting idea that kaido isn't necessarily a devil fruit user but a dragon who has a human form.

Panting literally means noting in this manga. Luffy panted at the start of Katakuri fight. Fought for 11 hours. It means literally noting.
To add to this fujitora panted over a phone call with akainu.

Then panted against luffy before proceeding to destroy one of the mountains serounding dressrosa(people sleep on that) then lifted all the rubbel in dressrosa.

Edit:
Do people forget that in this series 2 foughter on buggy's crew Could fight for 12 hours straight? (if you don't believe check the cover page for what happened to buggy's crew) or that ace fought jinbei for 5 days or that akainu fought aokiji for 10 days or that white beards crew fought Roger's for 3 days as a warm up, luffy has a disadvantage in terms of fighting equals (dofalimigo for example even though gear 4th was stronger than dofalimigo he coudp keep it up for enough time to finish the fight) because he has a form that rapidly drains his energy for a boost in power(gear 2,4)so he can't fight as long other fighters but he is beginning to remedy that as we see him using gear 4 without getting exhausted afterwards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.