Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to finally get the reveal of Yamato and I, like others I'm sure, can only wonder about his plans especially since he is Kaido's "idiot son". Maybe it's because he has no interest in war/in fighting unless its necessary? We shall see. I'm not sure what to make of the samurai belt (?) even though its identical to Oden's own.

Ulti was very impressive this chapter - one of the most impressive female fighters I've seen in this series. I'm not sure if I should keep my hopes up too much about that though as BM's treatment has been disappointing for nearly the entire arc.

I dislike Orochi even more now, and I feel bad for Momo. At the end of the day, he is still a kid regardless of the fact that Oda chose to portray him as having some perverted tendencies--not that I really wanna open that can of worms because I really dislike that.

There's still a LOT that needs accomplishing here for quite a few characters, but I feel like soon crap will be hitting the fan.

I'd like to see Drake in the coming chapters as well as Hawkins and any one else we havent seen for a couple chapters. I also would like to know where. exactly, the Pound Cover Story is going.

Hannya mask show it twice with 2 different characters.
1. Kikunojo
2. Yamato

IMHO, here are the differences meaning between Kiku and Yamato Hannya masks :

1. For Yamato : In Japanese language hannya means wisdom. Some stories say that the mask got its name by monk artist Hannya, who perfected this mask and that he needed a great wisdom to make this mask. The perfection of transcendent wisdom is the perfect way of seeing the nature of reality so that you can protect yourself from the female demon.

Sometimes these masks are made to look happy from one angle and sad from another angle. It is also a Japan symbol of a good luck and it wards off the evil.

2. For Kikunojo : This mask represents female rage and pain, and it is used when a particular character needs to be invoked. These two emotions are difficult to capture at the same time. It represents female obsessed with a devil or taking a devil form of being. The expression of Hannya mask is at the same time demonic, angry, frightening, dangerous and tormented, sad, heartbreaking, melancholic and sorrowful. She begins as normal female, but when she is betrayed, get angry and jealous she turns into a demon.

source : http://www.historyofmasks.net/famous-masks/hannya/

Idk if Oda just use Hannya mask for cool design or it's a clue behind it.

:sighting:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
2. For Okiku : This mask represents female rage and pain, and it is used when a particular character needs to be invoked. These two emotions are difficult to capture at the same time. It represents female obsessed with a devil or taking a devil form of being. The expression of Hannya mask is at the same time demonic, angry, frightening, dangerous and tormented, sad, heartbreaking, melancholic and sorrowful. She begins as normal female, but when she is betrayed, get angry and jealous she turns into a demon.
:watchout::watchout:

D

Deleted member 83

i probably shouldn't be barging into this debate, but i do believe color schemes in the anime are usually from Oda himself.

for example, Queen was revealed to have blonde hair in manga Volume 93 cover way before his debut in the anime, and the anime has him blonde too, so it's fair to assume that the anime staff consult Oda about character colors, especially for Wano which he wishes to make as colorful as possible:

there however are some unusual exceptions of colors being decided by the anime before Oda, like Kuma originally wearing orange in the manga instead of black in the anime, and Mihawk having red eyes in the manga instead of yellow ones in the anime. not sure about those.
Most color schemes are decided by the anime staff members, and then send to Shueisha for them to approve, and they don’t take the normal ones
(From TYC)

In my opinion, Yamato is definitely joining the crew along with Carrot, so that we'll have 3 additional members by the end of Wano (Jinbei, Carrot and Yamato), and in my opinion the final 13th member will join post-Wano and will be a Sword member infiltrating the Straw hats

That is oden's body.. kaido son is dead and big mom help kaido to bring back his son to the body of oden.. big mom's fruit is a soul soul fruit that can put a soul in anything ..And that is why kaido had debt to big mom... end of the story [ the mask is there to hide the bullet on hes headband :akasalt:
Do you even pay attention to the story, it was already states that Big Mom cannot put souls in different bodies.

Apparently there is a scientific reason for this change.
I'm aware, but it still doesn't make sense to make such change when the design should be established by now, especially considering that his anatomy hugely differs from the scientifically updated (more cuadrupedal with shorter limbs) that has been used since 2014. I understand that Oda found it funny to update that detail, but considering that Queen's Brachiosaurus lacks its most distinctive trait (the skull shape) and that Ulti's Pachycephalosaurus is only identifiable because of the text naming it as such, I'd have prioritized keeping the continuity over being scientifically "accurate" from time to time (although changing Page One's design may become some kind of running gag at this rate).

Status
Not open for further replies.