Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the fandom claims that Luffy is now a low top tier, but up until now his performarmace against high tiers hasn't been satisfactory. For example look at Kata, he's a top high tier and he always seemed to have a clear edge over every other person present on the spot. Even against Luffy, a high tier capable of defeating Yonko commanders, Kata was clearly superior. He never struggled against Luffy (atleast during the first half of the battle) he clearly dominated and utterly decimated him during most of their fight. Yet Luffy seems to be struggling against opponents such as Appo and Ulti... They are able to catch him off guard and even dominate the fight for a bit...

BangOO๐Ÿ…

Pepebusi Spammer
โ€Ž
Although the fandom claims that Luffy is now a low top tier, but up until now his performarmace against high tiers hasn't been satisfactory. For example look at Kata, he's a top high tier and he always seemed to have a clear edge over every other person present on the spot. Even against Luffy, a high tier capable of defeating Yonko commanders, Kata was clearly superior. He never struggled against Luffy (atleast during the first half of the battle) he clearly dominated and utterly decimated him during most of their fight. Yet Luffy seems to be struggling against opponents such as Appo and Ulti... They are able to catch him off guard and even dominate the fight for a bit...
If you wondering, Luffy wearing the strongest armor of them all when fighting Katakuri. Can you guess what type of armor?

Oda does whatever the fuck he wants. You think he thinks in "X character is Y level therefore Z will happen" terms? He doesn't have Luffy act like an edgelord because it'd kill tension. The more he puts Luffy in precarious situations, the more of an "underdog" he seems, and the more fake tension he'll create.

I remember people saying Luffy wouldn't beat Katakuri because Katakuri did X or Y. I kept telling them, it doesn't matter. Luffy is FM level. He will beat him. It's the same shit here. He's full on Admiral level. He can't be anything else if he is going to defeat Kaido.

If you wondering, Luffy wearing the strongest armor of them all when fighting Katakuri. Can you guess what type of armor?

Lol :milaugh:
Oda does whatever the fuck he wants. You think he thinks in "X character is Y level therefore Z will happen" terms? He doesn't have Luffy act like an edgelord because it'd kill tension. The more he puts Luffy in precarious situations, the more of an "underdog" he seems, and the more fake tension he'll create.

I remember people saying Luffy wouldn't beat Katakuri because Katakuri did X or Y. I kept telling them, it doesn't matter. Luffy is FM level. He will beat him. It's the same shit here. He's full on Admiral level. He can't be anything else if he is going to defeat Kaido.
I agree with what you said, however it's just a bit dissatisfying (although it may be just me)

This, not to mention Oda is deliberately preventing him from using future sight and his advanced CoA, for those fake tension reasons.

Last edited:
I think not
The first sentence in the left panel says :
Kono [kozuki] no (i)ki[noko]ri wo [koro]shi!!

This kozuki survivor, kill!!

No word "last" or "here" in the first sentence
I did a google lens/ google translate before posting the previous post and I also didn't see the "last" in that sentence ,but I do not know if the ikinokori has a "last" meaning that goes along with the survivor in japanese . I find it weird that both english translation teams decided to put the word "last" in there.

In the French one it isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.