Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 984: My Bible [Break Week]

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm know super late and all but I figured, why the hell not?

As usual I regeret reading the comments of this thread. People are for some reason acting like Yamato is the first strong female character to ever exist in One Piece. Apparently we're just going to ignore Nami, Robin, literally all of the Amazons, Big Mom's Daughters, and All the Female Marines. Nah none of those characters exist apparently......fucking kill me

I'm also seeing that age old claim of Oda "drawing all female charcters the same" and "they all look like Nami". I can't help but wonder if the majority of the fanbase has holes for eyes or something. As there have been countless females characters on Onigaishima alone that were beautiful and looked nothing like Nami. Just....where are you people even looking?

On to the chapter though Zoans are durable as fuck. Not that that needed to be said but holy fucking shit. If the flying six are this tough then that speaks volumes about the Calamities let alone Kaido himself. This suggests it's going to take multiple fights to put these guys down permanently just because their recovery rate is so ridiculous.

Didn't feel much for the Kiku scene but I'm glad some people did. Lets me know that despite my grievances the majority of fans aren't gonna take it the same way. But for me personally I would have been more emotionally invested in the scabbards if they were at least given their own chapters instead of just one panel. So this was sad but for an entirely different reason. Because it means Oda's having to skip things that he would have normally fleshed out. I know he has his reasons. One of which being that people would have complained about the length of the flashback if he let it go one for too long. But it is really a little disheartening knowing that Oda is having to cut things from the storyline that he's wanted to do for so long. This is supposed to be his magnum opus and he's having to trim it down. I would've been satisfyed with the full thing no matter how long it took.

I'm down for Yamato joining the crew. And her appearance and contrast with Momo suggests an interesting storyline for the two of them. One of the major running themes of One Piece has always been being yourself. And it's clear that Neither Momo or Yamato have been able to truly be themselves. It's explicitly pointed out by Kaido that Momo has no dreams or desires of his own and his stated goal of becoming the next shogun is really just something forced onto him by someone else. Everyone is expecting him to be his father. Not Momo. In the same way Yamato while not being crushed by expectation like Momo has taken up the persona of someone else entirely. But in the end, she is not Kouzuki Oden. Neither is Momo. Only Oden can be Oden. They have to learn to be themselves. So if thats what we're headed for with them then I'm all down her for being part of the crew. She looks MUCH better without that Oden getup imo.

However theres no proof she has any such desire to join atm. In fact her desire to open the borders of Wano suggests otherwise seeing that her "dream" is tied specifically to Wano. Maybe that could change once she realizes that Luffy is more manly than Oden & Kaido combined and chooses to follow the Future Pirate King on his Adventures. Similar to Oden but doing so while simply being Yamato. Who knows. I'm still all for Carrot joing as well and having Yamato too looks like it could be major boost to Luffy's forces as Luffy needs strong members to rival other Yonko crews. He said he would have a crew that surpasses Shanks afterall.

Last edited:

Yuelyn

๐’ž๐“‡๐’พ๐“‚๐“ˆ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐‘…๐’ถ๐’พ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ๐“‰ ๐น๐“๐‘œ๐“Œ๐‘’๐“‡
โ€Ž
Is there any theory that Ace joined Beast Pirates before he joined WB? And seems he become one of calamities or at least get a position above flying six? That's why he's an ACE. And that's the reason he befriended Yamato.

OR AM I LATE TO THE PARTY (forum) already???
Here on the forum I have seen none but on youtube there are one or two pretty good ones.

Yuelyn

๐’ž๐“‡๐’พ๐“‚๐“ˆ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐‘…๐’ถ๐’พ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ๐“‰ ๐น๐“๐‘œ๐“Œ๐‘’๐“‡
โ€Ž
We'll need an Ace flashback at some point to clarify some of this.
Iโ€™m hoping for some flashback next chapter.

An interesting alternative scenario would have been to see Ace returns to Wano only to be beaten and captured by the Beast Pirates either after Teach went to the country, either to search for historical infos or because he was intercepted by the Beast Pirates after his murder of Thatch.

@Redx @Trismegistus that channel (mr morj)??? can explain it better than the first channel - that explain about Ace - I've encountered so far. I want to make thread based on that first channel. Unfortunately I can't find the channel. Fool me always delete history of youtube cause I'm annoyed by same recommendation.

Yuelyn

โ€Ž
@Redx @Trismegistus that channel (mr morj)??? can explain it better than the first channel - that explain about Ace - I've encountered so far. I want to make thread based on that first channel. Unfortunately I can't find the channel. Fool me always delete history of youtube cause I'm annoyed by same recommendation.
I watched the mr morj one. I liked his theory and imo he explains it quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.