Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 985: New Onigashima

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato situation
I just don't understand Yamato. She says that she has challenged Kaido many times. So, she should be strong and brave, right?

But at the same time, she says that she is kept in Onigashima due to the fear of exploding. These two are completely conflicting statements. She says that she knows her father...okay so she knows that Kaido is cruel enough to kill her...in which case she shouldn't have challenged him in the first place...or she knows that Kaido won't kill her...in which case, she has no reason to fear exploding cuffs.
it only means that shes that important to kaido. Kaido will let her fight him many times but he wouldnt let her go away. it s fine with Kaido as long as shes in onigashima. To me, it seemed like kaido would rather have her die or at least lost his hands than letting her leave

F

Fallen Prince

Honestly there are few reason for yamato to be on straw hat ?

Oden joined Roger pirates because roger wanted a guy who can read the ancient alphabets .

Yamato :
1. Just another Oden poser .

2. Only wants to join because oden travelled across the world .

3. Cheap rip off Nami , anything more adds horn .

4. Adds no value to the end game scenrio or to the crew .

At best she is perfect fit for Grandfleet , she will create her own crew and sail if she truly wants freedom . Awfully she reminds of Vivi in some way but there are good reason she might backtrack her offer to leave if kaido destroys flower capital .

Another thing that I don't understand is: what the fu*k is Yamato's goal?

Last chapter, she said that she wanted to fulfill Oden's goals and open Wano's borders. But this chapter, she says that she wanted to leave Wano and follow Ace, she still does.

How does that work? She will travel the world and pray that Wano's border gets opened by magic?!!!
It seemed like youre reallybhaving difficulty understanding lol

All that shes doing is based on oden. Oden left wano wnating to discover the world. Yamato has been in onigashima since eight, and somewhat similar with oden since wano is a hermit country.

Oden wanted to open wano borders so is Yamato.

Obviously meeting luffy, she realized that it was the perfect chance to take down kaido and free wano from orochi and kaido and ultimately open the borders, reason why she wanted to fight along side them and once it s all over she also wants to join in the ship and travel like oden

M

MD Zolo

it only means that shes that important to kaido. Kaido will let her fight him many times but he wouldnt let her go away. it s fine with Kaido as long as shes in onigashima. To me, it seemed like kaido would rather have her die or at least lost his hands than letting her leave
I wasn't talking about Kaido's mindset here though. I was talking about Yamato's. Does she think Kaido will kill her? If so, why even challenge him? Does she think Kaido won't kill her? If so, why stay in prison for the fear of cuffs?

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Honestly there are few reason for yamato to be on straw hat ?
Oden joined Roger pirates because roger wanted a guy who can read the ancient alphabets .

Yamato :
1. Just another Oden poser .
2. Only wants to join because oden travelled across the world .
3. Cheap rip off Nami , anything more adds horn .
4. Adds no value to the end game scenrio or to the crew .
At best she is perfect fit for Grandfleet , she will create her own crew and sail if she truly wants freedom . Awfully she reminds of Vivi in some way but there are good reason she might backtrack her offer to leave if kaido destroys flower capital .
I dont mind if she join/not join SHP.:catrude:

F

Fallen Prince

Deep inside Kaido just wants the best for Yamato. I know beating her since she's 8 isn't sign of it but hey she's a daughter of a fucking Yonko who drinks and attempts suicide whenever he feels like he wants so don't expect them to be a perfect family.
Yamato will be appointed as temporary shogun , they still need one if kaifo falls . Momo is very young to rule .

I felt kyoshiro was up for it but with Yamato coming into play . I feel she will take the role it fits with what oden desired he wanted to rule wano .

M

MD Zolo

It seemed like youre reallybhaving difficulty understanding lol

All that shes doing is based on oden. Oden left wano wnating to discover the world. Yamato has been in onigashima since eight, and somewhat similar with oden since wano is a hermit country.

Oden wanted to open wano borders so is Yamato.

Obviously meeting luffy, she realized that it was the perfect chance to take down kaido and free wano from orochi and kaido and ultimately open the borders, reason why she wanted to fight along side them and once it s all over she also wants to join in the ship and travel like oden
Not at all. I have made my points clear in the succeeding posts. Yamato is highly flawed. It's not my understanding that is the issue here.

F

Fallen Prince

I dont mind if she join/not join SHP.:catrude:
Thats the trap oda is planting on his readers .

He is making parallel of how whitebeard and oden first meet with luffy and yamato (trap on his readers and "yamato for nakama gang " , but oden had hurdles even before joining ,Whitebeard gave him set of challenges to prove his trust worthy . Luffy has no such thing he even said okay for caribou as well .

How much forces that Orochi command under him ? 10K or so ?

Damn, if Denjiro and Fukurokujou join forces they could get their numbers to 15K, half of what the Beast pirates have.

Is that what Oda is going for?
it is not as if Fukurokujou is known for his loyalty....he betrayed Kozuki clan straight away, what are the chances that he won't consider the situation in hand and join the pirate-mink-samurai alliance....

F

Fallen Prince

Yamato lot reminds me of vivi 's resolve . If this arc is paralleling albasta , invasion on flower capital will happen in upcoming chapter.

Oda fro some reason loves his princess , Hiyori and Yamato will play big role this end game of wano .

Nice chapter, despite being short.

Still kinda annoyed as to why Yamato had to be a Nami-lookalike... My girlfriend doesn't read One Piece much.. only casually.. but when I showed her this chapter, she literally mistook Yamato for Nami, lol.

Definitely can't deny that.

But still though, I'd rather have her join the crew than fucking Carrot..
So I'm wishing her all the best.

I also really like Kiku this chapter.. But man, Kiku needs to stop crying, even for a little bit.. Swear to god, she's been doing it for the last 30 chapters. Aside that, I wonder if she killed Kanjuro? Her blade is bloodied.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Something worth mentioning, Kanjuro actually went to fight the scabbards with no backup outside of fodder. He's certainly not stupid, so he must be a lot stronger than we give him credit for. He obviously didn't expect to beat them all, but to go up against all of them at once? That's super ballsy.
Secret Kaido's commander is helping him if the things get out of control.

Or Kiku is a traitor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.