Status
Not open for further replies.
:myman: lol not you
:milaugh:
Post automatically merged:

he's gone where he needs to
read the conclusion
at the end of his post
I read his conclusion, but I thought Roger and Primebeard being stronger than every other character was something the entire fandom agreed upon so that’s why I asked where he was going with it. I skipped some replies in this thread so maybe I missed someone saying Yonko > Roger or Primebeard?

Why are you fixated on the fish? That was Pre-Yonko Shanks. It says nothing about current Shanks. What it does say though is that Shanks with two-arms who was equal to Mihawk per red databook was 'blitzed by a bandit and became fish food'. If I were you I would run away from that incident as it's a big yikes for anyone supporting Mihawk if his equal there had such 'shitty portrayal'.

I already corrected you. Mihawk calls Shanks a one-armed has-been and says a final decision won't be reached because of the arm. Meaning Mihawk won't duel him because he has one-arm, not because he is weak. It's about honour. See Zoro's comments about a scar on a swordsman's back. There is some sort of code of honour amongst swordsman. So Mihawk doesn't even consider Shanks a swordsman anymore as he doesn't have two arms.
What does that mean?
Shanks has not had an extreme battle since fighting Mihawk, there was no account of him having any world renowned battle after fighting Mihawk, WB hasn't heard his name in decades, we know Yonkou don't constantly have fights, its usually their allies or crew fighting, so where and how did Shanks grew?

He hasn't even eaten DF to get a quick power boost.
If 27 year old Shanks is fish food material, how am I supposed to believe 34 year old Shanks is any better?
If after all the growing he did in extreme diff battles with Mihawk didn't get him ready for fish, how does anything else get him ready?

If pre Yonko Shanks is fish food, maybe post Yonko Shanks can save himself from a fish after extreme diff battle.

Lol that logic completely falls flat when Mihawk is desperately waiting for one eyed Zoro to get stronger than Shanks and finally give him a challenge and Mihawk isn't some rando who is up in over his own head, he is someone who can tell how strong you are just by looking at you.

He looks at Shanks and knows it is not the man who stands even a fighting chance against him and he isn't bothered by him. That scars on the back example is so garbage because 1 armed Shanks is Shanks' identity now, where as swordsman hitting someone from behind is literally cheating.

Its not stated anywhere that one armed swordsman is not eligible to compete for WSS title right? Unless you think man with one arm can't get stronger, which then why would you suggest Shanks did get stronger after his duel with Mihawk?

I read his conclusion, but I thought Roger and Primebeard being stronger than every other character was something the entire fandom agreed upon so that’s why I asked where he was going with it. I skipped some replies in this thread so maybe I missed someone saying Yonko > Roger or Primebeard?
there are a couple linlin
kaido fans of that opinion
check battledome .jo ndule can touch on that as well.

Imu destroyed that Concept

D

Dragomir

Yamato is joining the crew. Not really up for debate at this point when Oda is having her straight up demand. Like is he gonna have her suddenly change her mind at the end or something? The whole Luffy saying no thing is playing out to be more of a gag than something serious. More likely than not, he's gonna accept her in.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Well Vivi also showed interest in traveling the world but then changed her mind. Yeah?
You’re comparing apples and oranges, man...Vivi was on a mission to save Alabasta way before she met the Straw Hats, evidenced by her recruitment into Baroque Works prior to her introduction. She then became torn, after growing close to Luffy et al., between wanting to stay and lead the country (she was already royalty before Crocodile took over) and continuing on with her friends.

Yamato has been trapped by her father in the same place for most of her life; she doesn’t wanna stay and rule the land like Vivi did, she actively wants to leave AND has reason/motivation that Vivi didn’t.

For the “Yamato has no purpose” crowd - is knowing intimate details of the journey the writer of her “bible” took to Laugh Tale not enough of a purpose? Is being able to guide the crew to their desired destination not enough to justify her joining?
I can definitely see Yamato joining, basically like an Oden to Roger, can also see her joining grandfleet,

I agree we dont have any reason/speculation of her purpose, but I dont think Luffy wants to use that log book in anyway possible.

Zeff offered his book and luffy declined,

When Usopp asked Rayleigh about One Piece, Luffy not wanting to know the answer

IMO that forsure wont be her purpose "if she joins the crew"

Status
Not open for further replies.