Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I lost? Is this the chapter discussion or the live action thread?

Anyway, back on topic this was a great chapter, Brook & Franky were SUPER! :fransuper:

Sanji was awesome, but King is a Beast! I foresee King's real opponent is Marco.

Man, Yamamoto is cosplaying Oden a bit too hard, thinking Momosuke is her son.

Did Law cut Big Mom's hand when she went after Luffy? Her fingers got cut & then we saw Law's Room. If so, Law cannot deny Luffy is his buddy, and we cannot deny Big Mom sucks.

Firstly this post

http://instagr.am/p/CDSg2KxJCHF/
Secondly changing his pfp to Sanji

Not to also forget that he convinetly grew facial hair and is more open about smoking cigarretes.

Trust me I love Cole Sprouse....but I dont think hed make a good Sanji. Sanji is easily the hardest character to play with a range of different emotions and personality traits.
Sigh it was my dream to become famous one day and then change my pfp to an anime character, becoming the first person to do it... but I guess it’s already happened...

And with Sanji.... ☹️
Post automatically merged:

Keanu Reeves for Sanji:steef::steef:

I mean he doesn't have that Sanji kind of look but we will get to there:finally:
Keanu Reeves would make a great Shanks.
Post automatically merged:

Hmm
Don't know but I won't expect anything from this live action anyway
its Netflix afterall :risicheck:
Straight fax

Interesting how Franky seemed to bruise Big Mom more here than Luffy did back at Whole Cake Island. I’m sure that this combined with how Oden’s followers managed to damage Kaido as much as they did is really making many people think how hard it is to defeat Yonko.

Just a quick thought about overall consistency issues:
We all know that Luffy is the main protagonist and strongest fighter of the SHs.
There is a small gap to Zoro and then again another small gap to Sanji. It has been this way since day one, no discussion here.

Here comes my problem: We all saw what happened in the Luffy vs Katakuri fight.

Luffy was pummeled for 95% of the fight and only managed to "win" in the end (after 12 hours btw), because he ran away for quite some time and Katakuri actually had honor/mercy (significantly injuring himself).

Remind you - that was Luffy against a YC1.

I just don't see how Oda can pull off satisfying victories for Zoro and Sanji against King/Queen, without us always having to think about consistency issues.

When even Luffy basically only managed a draw/flawed victory against Katakuri, with all the plot conveniences in the world, how can you justify Sanji and Zoro doing exactly the same thing right now, probably in even way less time?

Status
Not open for further replies.