Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but that's bullshit.

Luffy had already defeated Doflamingo and still would've lost to Cracker, if not for Nami.
Even while winning against both those foes - which were way more powerful than anything Zoro or Sanji have faced so far - he still got absolutely dominated for like 95% of the fight against Katakuri.

Zoro swapped his black blade (!) against one, that has to become a black blade first. Sanji got his raidsuit, that gives him more durability and speed, but we already saw that he didn't even look like he was vastly superior compared to Page One or Drake.

Those "pwerups" are hardly comparable to Luffy gaining future sight or advanced armament haki as powerups btw.

If Zoro and Sanji were able to defeat actual YCs right now, it's objectively just very inconsistent writing, no way to sugarcoat it.

That does not mean that I expect them not to defeat YCs this arc, don't get this wrong. I fully expect Oda to make them beat King/Queen, which I just find lazy though. That was the whole point of my first post.
Dude, please stop talking about power scaling. Nothing you write makes sense.

(1) Katakuri was handcrafted to be just strong enough for Luffy to surpass. He has CoC, something no other YC1 except for Rayleigh has been shown so far. He is not comparable to King or Marco. Luffy in G4 broke out of parasite, which easily puts him above Jozus and Marcos.

(2) Cracker would have been assraped by a single KKG. Oda just wanted to showcase Tankman. With Katakuri he wanted Snakeman. That was a gag fight that ended in 3 chapters-full of panels. I don't understand why you keep making a mountain out of a molehill from Cracker. Dude is like Ashura Doji/Jack/Vista level with a DF that can stall guys like Luffy/Urogue (but certainly not Law/Doffy).

And for the last time please stop talking about Doflamingo. He is the Crocodile of the New World and had to be defeated for plot, just like Crocodile. No main villain so far has been taken out by 2 different ultimate attacks: Gamma Knife + King Kong Gun. No commander comes even close to that. In Gear 4, Luffy can send even Kaido flying through the town. In Gear 3, he bruised an Admiral. That's not overall combat capability/versatility. Even Oars Jr. can physically overpower Doffy. That doesn't mean crap when it's not his main skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.